A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone using Comcast for internt, what modem do you use - 1oldtiredMT

Posted: Apr 01, 2014

I have VPN connection problems with the Comcast modem. At least that is what my support is telling me. Comcast not taking responsibility. I'm using their Netgear modem. Has anyone else had problems with VPNand/or what modem do you use.

Any help would be appreciated!!

I have their.... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
wireless router/modem combo. Its an Arris. I haven't had any problems with it, but I also asked specifically for the combo instead of 2 separate pieces. Im glad I did. Sorry I could not be of more help.

actually I was told by support it was the router - 1oldtiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if its the router or the modem, just that sometimes I cannot cannot to our VPN. I hate to go through the expense of changing things not knowing for sure what the problem is.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Using Their Own Modem With Comcast High Speed?
Mar 16, 2011

Hey all! I have Comcast high speed internet and am paying a $7/mo rental fee for using their modem. If anyone out there uses a store-bought modem with Comcast, would you mind naming the brand? With my luck, I will pick the wrong kind and have problems right after taking the Comcast one back. Actually, if anyone thinks I should stick with the rental, I would like your opinion, too. Thank! ...

Comcast
Oct 20, 2010

Is anyone else having trouble with Comcast internet. ...

Comcast Phone Service
Jul 27, 2010

Does anyone have Comcast phone service and do their work via C-phone.  If so, have you had any hassles from them if you dial into a long distance number?  Thanks for your help. ...

Comcast Subcontractor Post Question
Sep 12, 2013

Back around the first part of the year, there was a poster who was discussing how one of her relatives was subcontracted through a company to work as an at-home IT rep for Comcast (working from home taking customer calls, setting their own hours to take calls, etc)., and I can't find the post anywhere in the archives. I wrote down the name of the company the poster named to contact and now, of course, I can't find it. If that poster sees this, would you be so kind as to post it again ...