A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Abacus..Anyone know??? - Denise

Posted: Apr 11, 2010

I downloaded the trial and it automatically went into my MS Word...Now when I hit cntrl+shift+A instead of putting all my stuff in caps, it throws up the line count for Abacus..I have tried to remove the program but can't.  I have searched to figure out how to get it off my computer, but can't find any answers. Does anyone know how I can remove this????

Try going to Tools/Templates and Add-ins to see if a .dot file is loading with Word - Cheryl

[ In Reply To ..]
that pertains to Abacus. If yes, close Word, then go to Windows Explorer and locate Word's startup folder and delete the .dot file. You can also do a search for the exact name of the .dot file and delete it in the search window.

You don't mention your version of Word so I'm assuming 97-2003 in the above instructions.

Similar Messages:

Abacus
Jan 08, 2012

I did a search here looking for info on line counting programs and didn't find what I needed.  I have had Abacus Line Counting for many years and recently used it only to get an alert that the certificate was not valid.  I went to their website and found out that as of 12/31/11 they are no longer in business.  Does anyone have a program they like that will create invoices? Thanks. ...

Looking To Buy Abacus SE
Mar 01, 2014

If anyone has this for sale, please let me know.  I hear it has been discontinued.  I have the free version and loved it.   Thanks in advance! ...

Abacus Line Counter
Feb 09, 2015

I had a computer crash and lost my Abacus line counting program (among other things!).  They obviously are no longer in business as I have tried repeatedly to contact them. Does anyone have the Abacus30.zip file they would be willing to send me?  Any help is very much appreciated. Any recommendations on a different line counting program? ...

Abacus Line-Counting Software
Aug 12, 2012

I've used Abacus Line-Counting software for at least ten or 12 years.  I had to upgrade to a new computer, and I can't find the site to upgrade.  Does anyone know if the company has gone out of business or how to contact them?  If so, is there another line-counting software as good as Abacus?  (I'm now using Windows 7 and Word 2010.)  Thanks for any help you can offer. ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...