A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Abacus - scarolina

Posted: Jan 08, 2012

I did a search here looking for info on line counting programs and didn't find what I needed.  I have had Abacus Line Counting for many years and recently used it only to get an alert that the certificate was not valid.  I went to their website and found out that as of 12/31/11 they are no longer in business.  Does anyone have a program they like that will create invoices? Thanks.

Abacus - scarolina - LeeLee

[ In Reply To ..]
Used to be a company called "Sylcount" that offered several different counting programs. Years ago, they were real big with the DOS programs (which I used at that time), and their programs were extremely easy to use, inexpensive and got the job done. Also offered research programs and materials. Not sure if they are still in business because I have not had the need to order from them for about 5 years due to program/platform changes by my MDs. They also had programs, if I remember correctly, for Word. Hope this helps a little.

abacus - scarolina

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks LeeLee. I have a small medical office I do transcription for part-time and the Abacus had worked well for them. I will check out the Sylcount. I appreciate that you replied to my question.

Abacus - LeeLee

[ In Reply To ..]
No problem at all. I still have my original disks from them if you can believe it! After reading such horrible posts on here further down, I am really glad to have these "normal" conversations. I am sure you are already aware of the counters in MS, but I found that these were never as accurate when I compared MS counts next to independent software that specialized in counting. That is how I orginally got hooked up with Sylcount. Wish you all the best in your endeavors!

Similar Messages:

Abacus..Anyone Know???
Apr 11, 2010

I downloaded the trial and it automatically went into my MS Word...Now when I hit cntrl+shift+A instead of putting all my stuff in caps, it throws up the line count for Abacus..I have tried to remove the program but can't.  I have searched to figure out how to get it off my computer, but can't find any answers. Does anyone know how I can remove this???? ...

Looking To Buy Abacus SE
Mar 01, 2014

If anyone has this for sale, please let me know.  I hear it has been discontinued.  I have the free version and loved it.   Thanks in advance! ...

Abacus Line Counter
Feb 09, 2015

I had a computer crash and lost my Abacus line counting program (among other things!).  They obviously are no longer in business as I have tried repeatedly to contact them. Does anyone have the Abacus30.zip file they would be willing to send me?  Any help is very much appreciated. Any recommendations on a different line counting program? ...

Abacus Line-Counting Software
Aug 12, 2012

I've used Abacus Line-Counting software for at least ten or 12 years.  I had to upgrade to a new computer, and I can't find the site to upgrade.  Does anyone know if the company has gone out of business or how to contact them?  If so, is there another line-counting software as good as Abacus?  (I'm now using Windows 7 and Word 2010.)  Thanks for any help you can offer. ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...