A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SHOCKED! - Pollyanna

Posted: Apr 10, 2014

I got an e-mail from someone in management today regarding a post on this site!  It seems our identities are public knowledge!  VERY DISTURBING!

It is an anonymous board. - Do not post identifying info

[ In Reply To ..]
Anyone can email you through this board and it remains anonymous; HOWEVER, if you respond to that email, then they will at least have your email address. Don't ever use a company email address for something like this and never post using your company provided computer, if you have one. All company email goes through a main server and it is saved and it is the property if your employer.

If the email you got was through this site, then it's a fishing expedition to see if they can find out who you are.

Along those same lines, be very careful about identifying info that you post. Make sure what you post cannot be used to identify you. It can and has happened in the past. Several years ago someone was posting very specific confidential or proprietary info about a company and they figured out who it was and sued her.

Anonymous - Pollyanna

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't provided my web mail address so don't know how this management person knew who to e-mail. I'm very reluctant to post on here anymore.

They simply replied to your post. It doesn't give - them your email and they have

[ In Reply To ..]
no idea who they are replying to (unless you answer the email obviously from your email address)
Anonymous? - Pollyanna
[ In Reply To ..]
I provided NO information. I got an e-mail through web mail about this today. I inquired how she knew who I was and she said something to the effect that my e-mail address sounded familiar to her! I wonder if I can create a new "account" here and go under cover.
Well, I would say you either replied to an - e-mail on this site
[ In Reply To ..]
or you posted enough specific information here that she could identify you.
There is no way anyone can see e-mail addresses - through MT Stars.
[ In Reply To ..]
Can you see my email address? If you respond to me via MT Stars email you will not see my email address but I will see your email when you respond. If I answer your email, you will then be able to identify my email address.

You need to do that because - you outed yourself!
[ In Reply To ..]
They did not know who you were until you responded to their email! Now they know exactly who you are.

Yes, you need to set up a new email for MTStars. Next time someone emails you, don't respond!!!

anonymous - don't think so - pollyanna
[ In Reply To ..]
The original post on an issue was answered directly to my web mail. Not sure how I can create a completely new account on here.
Well, then Pollyanna is the right name for you - Impossible to help
[ In Reply To ..]
It is impossible to help someone who won't listen.

LOL are you erious? You are wondering how after - you responded to their email?
[ In Reply To ..]
What's wrong with that picture?

You had to verify an email address to be able to post - They are replying to your post

[ In Reply To ..]
When you posted your original message, you had to enter a verified email address. Now, look in the lower left hand corner of your message and you'll see a series of three boxes which say "post a reply" "reply by email" "options".

All anyone has to do is use the reply by email option and they can send you a message. The email that you receive will show that's its coming from MTStars and it will have a link to the thread being referenced. At this point, the person sending you the email still does not know who you are.

DO NOT REPLY directly to that email if you wish to remain anonymous. If you reply to that MTStars email, it comes from your own email, and then the person has your email address.
If I receive an email reply from someone on - MTStars, most of the time what - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
I do when replying, rather than replying by email, is to post my reply anonymously, either in the thread the discussion was taking place in, or else as a new post with something to the effect of "Reply to HappyMT09", or whatever their MTStars name happens to be. That way, my email address remains private.

Shocked - Burnedoutco

[ In Reply To ..]
Exact same thing happened to me. Got email from "L" in my work email. Guess we are not even entitled to freedom of speech any more.

Work at Nuance and post on MT-Stars - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I have NEVER received an email from my work regarding my posts and I have not been kind regarding Nuance business practices.

I posted something about TTS a few months ago and an employee of the company responded to my post but they had no idea who they were responding to and did not address me personally, just tried to defend the company.

shocked - catherine

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a question pollyana...is nuance hands down the dumbest bunch of fools you have ever seen in your life or is my perspective somehow not correct? They can't seem to perform the simplest task without screwing it up (I just got hired) and I keep wondering if I am the first person they ever hired or if they are normally this ignorant??? It makes me very uncomfortable for this much BS this early in the game.

TTS - Lucas

[ In Reply To ..]
What was your post about TTS about.
My post about TTS was about micro management - and crazy people running the company
[ In Reply To ..]
Worked there a short time before I realized the management blamed MTs for their problems and tried to compensate by micro management. No one stays. I referred another person and she no longer is with TTS. It is the most bizarre company I have ever worked for.

well I have wondered - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
if those running this board have friends in the MTSOs and ever share information? it wouldn't be ethical but I've seen plenty of unethical stuff in my lifetime.

Re: "The Big Two", I would tend to agree. - SayItGirl

[ In Reply To ..]
I would also tend to believe this site leans a bit to the right.

I wouldn't worry too much. Mgmt. likely sent the - same email to all its MTs. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X

I have had the same thing happen to me. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
This is on the "other" big board. I NEVER post anything specific and use "anon". One time I asked a general question - i.e., does anybody know how to keep track of lines with the program? I received a company email (NOT an email from this site) from my supervisor apologizing that she hadn't told me how to do it in training. She was very nice, but how did she know it was me? At the time, our whole merged company was being trained.

Same thing happened to me - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Once I posted a comment about an HR practice--actually a question really--and I got a direct email to my personal email account that I was using to log on to this site regarding this matter, "suggesting" that it is more appropriate to direct these questions and comments directly to HR. I have NEVER answered ANYONE by email on this site. I now use a different email address altogether, and I am very careful about what I say. I was nearly crucfied with comments last time for mentioning this (I think someone mentioned suing me for slander), but I want you to know that you are not alone or imagining things.

Now I will probably have to come up with still a different personal email account if I want to post on this site! Small price for truth telling!

There is your answer. The email went to the email - you used for this site. The

[ In Reply To ..]
"responder" just hit reply by email and it went to your email. They were commenting on your post, but they don't know who you were or your email address. Hitting the reply by email just automatically sends to you without the sender having the info.

Exactly. No one knows who they are responding to - They responded to the post email

[ In Reply To ..]
I did the same thing. I wrote something that the management did not like. They responded to my email address but had no idea WHO they were responding to.

shocked - Millie

[ In Reply To ..]
The same thing happened to me about 2 months ago. I did not answer the email she sent; I knew who she was and I certainly was not going to identify myself further!!!!

Similar Messages:

Shocked
Jun 30, 2013

I was curious, so I just looked at the program for medical transcription on Kaplan's website to see what it was about.  I was actually curious if they said anything about one being certified upon program completion.  Oh my goodness - the program is an associate's degree program, 90 credit hours, at $371 per credit hour.  The total cost of the program is $33, 390.  That is criminal.  Simply criminal.  I guess the cost is so high because Kaplan is a private ...

LOL MTSO On Job Seeker's Board Is Shocked That
Mar 21, 2010

Amazing, really just amazing.  ...

Don't Be Too Shocked By Christmas Layoffs And Firings
Dec 14, 2011

I used to work for a company that had an annual Christmas layoff. It was almost a joke with those of us who had survived the latest round. Most companies have a budget. In bad times they tend to run out of money at the end of the year. It's rotten and shows poor planning, but nobody should be shocked when it happens. ...

Poster On Job Seeker's Board Is "just Shocked" Because --
Mar 20, 2010

--they're not receiving responses from "peeps" (are you kidding me?) who want to work for 6-7 cents a line as an IC.    LOL.  I should hope not. ...

Regarding "monitoring," George Orwell Would Be Shocked
Apr 20, 2013

Just to add a little to my prior posts on this subject, I invite all of you to search "data complex Utah" and you will be amazed at this gigantic "storehouse of personal communications of  every American" that is being built costing billions of dollars.  It is about 1 million square feet of space and the maintenance of that building will cost billions too.  So MModal monitoring us is nothing compared to the supposed fact that every single thing we do electronicallly (phone, intern ...