A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Questions we should be asking, collectively we MIGHT arrive at - some semblance of the truth, who knows?

Posted: Aug 05, 2014

Questions we should be asking our TSMs about now: 
1) Is this "just" a seasonal slowdown coincidentally happening on the _______ account(s)? 
2) Or, might this be part of a job shift of many WTs from each of those accounts somewhere else? (i.e., like when we lost access to 
the ER WTs when they switched over to EMR)? 
3) Has much of the work we have been doing "on the acute care side of the house" shifted over to ambulatory care now? 

Three years of stuff happening without my knowing about it in order to make wise financial decisions has done nothing for my mood nor 
my bank account, and I really have to do a better job of knowing what is happening. 

Your answers to the questions impact upon my decision making, and I have learned from experience that these must be asked directly  
and hopefully answered directly, as this information is not necessarily revealed to us, and we are the ones most potentially adversely 
affected by each change. 

So, could you help me out with those answers?  Thanks!

Questions we should be asking our TSMs right now: 

1) Is this "just" a seasonal slowdown coincidentally happening on the _______ account(s)?  

2) Or, might this be part of a job shift of many WTs from each of those accounts to somewhere else? (i.e., like when acute care lost access to the ER WTs when they switched over to EMR and failed to tell us it was about to happen)? 

3) Has much of the work we have been doing "on the acute care side of the house" shifted over to ambulatory care now?  

As you all know, stuff happening without your knowing about it can cause you to make unwise financial decisions, not to mention the adverse impacts on your mood and/or stress level.

I found that I really needed to do a better job of knowing what is happening and asked my supervisor these questions and explained to her that her answers directly impacted upon my decision making and asked for the honest truth (you can hope for an honest answer from most supervisors, although I am aware of a few that will absolutely tell BOLD-FACED lies and seemingly have no conscience). 

If we report back about the answers we get, we might get to some semblance of the truth of our collective OOW situations, might we not? 

I'll go first. My supervisor on the AB team (COM's initials) said it was just a seasonal slowdown.

Thanks in advance everyone!  

Unfortunately, my TM is too new to know--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
She was just hired this year so would have no clue. My suspicion though is that more people have been moved on to the accounts (just like I was).

FWIW, my last 2 supervisors received very little notice when changes were afoot. The first account was completely offshored and the TM was aware something was up but not what was going on. The TM after that had very little notice that the account was completely switching over to EPIC. I think it was like 2 weeks and that was it so they may not even be lying sometimes, really just giving the truth that they know.

There are a number of different platforms though sm - acuteMLS

[ In Reply To ..]
so trying to have a collective pool of information is almost impossible, since the accounts are spread out among different platforms and there are always accounts moving from one platform to another.

What's happening with your workload isn't happening with mine, which is why I know I have to be on a different platform than you are. No OOW here and hasn't been since 4th of July.

Agreed ... - AnotherAnon

[ In Reply To ..]
On the platform/accounts that I work on there is rarely OOW, mainly on the weekday mornings and it only lasts for an hour or two at the most. We have OT most evenings and all weekend. I adjusted my working hours to match the work volume, no more M-F day shift, but there is always plenty to do.

great questions, good attempt - what happened with me...s.m.

[ In Reply To ..]
After 4 months of adjusting my schedule, adding accounts, having a supervisor who was a BOLD-FACED lier chronically, and being OOW constantly, I quit.

Similar Messages:

With Direct Deposit, Do Nuance Paychecks Ever Arrive Early?
Feb 13, 2015

I'm a newbie at Nuance, and I was just wondering if anyone's check comes early with direct deposit, or does everyone get them on the actual payday? ...