A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

DING, ding, ding, ding - 7thchild

Posted: Nov 20, 2013

Ah, after a day off don't you just love to come back and read your emails? Evidently I got a lab value wrong, which of course is possible but this was a significant difference and I have been very very careful, but hey, it's THEIR word against mine so???? Also, got a doctors name wrong that was not on staff at the hospital. I sent it to QA and got dinged for it with a note that said "he spelled it for you!" Yeah well, they spell a lot of things, and not always right! How often do they spell a drug for you and it's not right OR make up a drug that doesn't exist by combining two drugs or make up a body part that doesn't exist? Excuse me? Who went to school for 12 years? Who gets paid while I can't even afford to go to the bathroom and eat lunch at my desk! These people are impossible.

That is so sad. Can't you dispute something like - the spelling issue? SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I would send back a note saying yes it was spelled, but I had no way to know if it was correct, doctor was not on staff to check their website, and sent it to be checked rather than get marked down for typing the name wrong even though it was spelled wrong and I had no way to check, which would have been a spelling/name error.

I'd pick it to pieces, but that's just me.

I would have asked flat out - what would you have had me do? I would have asked, "Isn't that in the instructions, to send it in if any questions?"

I understand this company doesn't want people getting bonuses, but this kind of thing is ridiculous and going way overboard.

same here for commas - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
I was put on nonDSP because my average had fallen to 98.5 and now I have a mentor which is dinging me for things that are so ridiculous. I am terrified that they will fire me and this is all I have to live on is this paycheck. The more nervous and scared I get, the more mistakes I make. Mostly are commas but the 0.25 add up to where there is no way I can get 100% on anything it seems anymore. I have done this for 15 years and never had anything like this before.

Me too - Annoyed

[ In Reply To ..]
I get to the point where I don't want to open my Nuisance e-mails or Fiasco for that matter. The frustration level is rising by the day. I really pray I can be out of this corrupt hole by the new year. Nuance, if you don't want to pay out incentive and/or quarterly bonuses, why even offer them? Makes me wonder if this company is run by politicians? The smell of dirty thieves and liars wafts through the air like a garbage dump on a hot summer day. It seems that filling out applications and sending resumes daily is the only thing keeping my sanity from completely vanishing like a fart in the wind.
Well said Annoyed - missbarb
[ In Reply To ..]
I was so frustrated with them I started smoking. Then I started getting migraines. When I finally got terminated (and I knew it was coming cause they were evil to me), it was actually a relief. I'm still looking for a job though and will run out of money in December. Can't find a job that I qualify for. But I am still relieved I don't have to work for those evil-minded globalists.

Do you know if the commas are correct? - missbarb

[ In Reply To ..]
Does she explain why she wants to add or subtract commas? Let her put it in writing so you "don't make that mistake again".

just keeps dinging... - 7thchild

[ In Reply To ..]
Just got another email for:
CARDIOVASCULAR: Regular rate and rhythm
when evidently they said
CARDIOVASCULAR: Heart, regular rate and rhythm.
Of course we all know, this is a catastrophe, after all, these docs always speak so clearly and well, we're just a bunch of peons.

I've received 3 emails so far today. I filled them under WHO GIVES A CRAP. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
Only way to stay sane with this place.

Phahaha!! I need a folder with THAT title on it!....nm - LoveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
NO MESSAGE

I was told by Nuance - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That you do not repeat a heading, which what they said you should have done, "Cardiovascular: Heart. . ." would have been repeating the heading. Ding right back at 'em.

Similar Messages:

Pick Pick Ding Ding
Mar 19, 2014

Two questions. Does anyone else have the little screen that pops up and says Editscript has been inactive for 1 hour, will automatically shut down in 5 minutes and then counts down? IT COMES ON WHILE I AM WORKING! I have NEVER let my work sit for an hour, NEVER! Secondly,I had an appointment last week so missed an hour and missed a few minutes here and there enough to be over 2 hours short on my normal working hours. First I received an email (ON MY DAY OFF SO I DID NOT SEE IT) that I must m ...

Annoying Ding Sound
Jan 15, 2015

Silly question--just got a new monitor and now have this "ding" sound on finishing a chart.  Can't remember how to remove it.  Any ideas? ...

Does There Really Have To Be A Loud Ding In Our Ears When There Is No Match For ADT??
Jan 05, 2011

This doctor not only mumbles the name, but mumbles the spelling of the name.  I try every which way to spell what I hear, but I get that "no matching results found for the chosen criteria" ALONG WITH THAT *$#$ DING.  Its not enough to get that message of not finding the patient, but to hear that ding is driving me crazy....especially with report after report of this same name mumbling man... ...

How To Turn Off The Annoying Loud "ding Sound"at End Of Dictation/spell Check.
Nov 22, 2011

I thought there was a way to make that annoying ding sound at the end of the dictation when spell check is complete to sound softer.  I have Windows XP.  I keep looking in the control panel but it does not seem familiar to me as to the way I used to do it.  In some reports if the dictator talks low and then when you reach the end it blasts out my eardrum.  TIA. ...

S/l "tray-glue-ding" Stent Placement In LAD
Mar 14, 2010

x ...

How To Turn Off The "ding" After You Do A Spell Check?
Aug 20, 2010

Does anyone know how to turn off the "ding" after you do a spell check? ...

How Does One Get Rid Of That "ding" When Uploading? Nm
Sep 30, 2014

xx ...