A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wow, an eye opener. - L&L

Posted: May 04, 2014

Always wondered how those MTs got bazillions of lines with ASR.

Have been getting accounts from all over the place  tonight.  On one of them the dictators use standards for nearly everything.  Wish I could work there all the time.

write the acct down/ask if you can have that acct - lbj

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Like that would happen - not the OP

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Exactly,,they choose where you go - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and how much you make..just switched me off my regular accounts to crap..lost mega bucks..job hunting yet again..this time, out of this field.

There was a ton of nepotism when I worked at - Keystrokes.

[ In Reply To ..]
Im sure it runs rampant here as well. Make friends with the boss, get good accounts. All a game

For once I did not get all trash today. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
Usually I work on an account from overseas so that means I get 100% ESLs. I wish I could catch a break every once in awhile and get a decent account.

sounds like - someone

[ In Reply To ..]
called off!

Similar Messages:

Eye Opener
Jun 11, 2011

Been wanting to do coding for years.  I have been an acute care transcriptionist for 20 years, and thought this would be a good background for coding, an easy switch for me.  I have taken coding classes here and there over the years, and am now enrolled in AHIMA's Coding Basics.  I got an interview last week and took a screening test.  Piece of cake.  Fifteen questions, very simple.  Went back yesterday to take another test.  I had to code four charts.&nbs ...

Tested And Got An Eye Opener
Dec 04, 2012

I tested last week and got such bad dictation I could not believe it. I tried to transcribe it as if I was getting paid the usual 8 CPL and realized it would take more time to complete it and I would be making zero money. Sloppy H&P with a heavy accent, whispering AND loud background noise; a coronary catheterization dictation that I commend an MT on even completing that I was supposed to edit. I sent the test back anyway and got an email saying I didn't pass the minimum, whatever tha ...

A Huge Eye Opener
Dec 08, 2013

I had a HUGE eye opener yesterday.  We are not the only ones who are being replaced by software, it is happening in every single industry - I read a big article yesterday announcing this "really cool" (the article's opinion, not mine) new way to place an order at Chili's - on an iPad type tablet that is brought to your table when you are seated - point and click.  Then your order goes directly to the kitchen electronically and your dinner is brought to you by a staff member w ...

Eye Opener.....okay So I Was Thinking, I Could Either Continue To Work At MQ Or
Jul 21, 2011

or go get another job out of MT completely (not convinced any other company is much better).....I was thinking, well, what else am I qualified for?  I guess I could waitress (never done before though), but Ihop has an ad for a waitress, waitress exp. not nec.  I thought, argh, what can they possibly make, prob just minimum wage and lots of work and would I even be up to it?  Come to find out that waitresses at Ihop around here (California) make minimum wage (8/hr) plus tips.  ...