A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

NJA, and Excused Absence, No Work - Has this changed?

Posted: Mar 04, 2015

Our TSM has sent a couple mass e-mails saying anyone who wanted to use this option of Excused Absence - No Work would be allowed to do so on certain days when it was offered.  If we do this, are those hours subtracted from our 104 hours of Excused Absence - No Pay that we are allowed yearly?  I recall using Excused Absence - No Work last year, and it was not subtracted from our 104 hours.  Has this changed?

I think that is the way it is supposed to work-sm - cheated

[ In Reply To ..]
I also had used some last year and it was not subtracted, which made no difference to me and it cant be carried over and we all started back at 104 for this year.

What I cant figure out is why it is "allowed" on certain days they deem acceptable. lol. No work is no work IMO. They are so back and forth on this. First stating that it was mainly for holidays when there was more likely a chance it could not be made up and then this past Christmas and New Year we got an email stating we couldnt use it because there was "late" work at some point during the week. Give me a break!!

Similar Messages:

NJA AND EXCUSED ABSENCE
Feb 05, 2014

So, with this NJA situation so early in the year, wonder what happens if you use up of all of your 104 hours? ...

Can We Use Some Of Uor Excused Absence No Pay Hours For This?
Oct 26, 2014

I'm certainly not using my PTO and don't know if I even feel like making the time up - if that's even possible. ...

NJA POLICY - Says You Can Use Excused Absence No Work
Nov 10, 2014

if you run out of work - the policy is dated 08/28/2013 - so why in the Email from the POD director is that not listed!!!.  I AM NOT USING PTO OR WORKING 24/7 to get in 39-40 hours of work for something that is not my fault and beyond my control!!! ...

Question - Do The Excused Absence No Pay Hours Reset At The Beginning Of The Year?
Dec 29, 2014

X ...

If Excused Absence W/o Pay No Work Is A Company Policy Why Does The VP Have To Approve/address It?
Jan 01, 2015

x ...

What Is The Difference Between "Excused Absence-No Work" And SM
Dec 28, 2014

"Excused Absence- No Pay."??    Email says since we had late work on Friday and Saturday, according to the VP we cannot use "excused no work" but must use PTO or "excused no pay"   ...

How Many Excused Absences Are You Allowed...
Jan 08, 2013

And what happens if you exceed that number? ...

Leave Of Absence
Jan 29, 2010

I'm at my wits end and so stressed out with all this NJA crud, struggling to pay bills, never knowing how much money I'll make from check to check, and wondering how long I'll even have a job.  I've decided to take a personal LOA to try to pull it together and destress.  I sent my CCM an email about doing it and why a couple of weeks ago. I've already put in for it at Hartford and they too sent CCM an email about it.  However, CCM has never gotten back to me yet a ...

Is It Possible To Get A Leave Of Absence From Nuance?
Jun 18, 2013

Is it possible to get a leave of absence from Nuance?  Has anyone done this?  Any info is appreciated.  ...

If In A Leave Of Absence There Is Any Income At All?
Jun 15, 2014

Does anyone know if in a leave of absence there is any income at all?  My 27-year-old son may have cancer.  I'm needless to say devastated and need to be of help to him and his family. ...

FIRED DURING COMPANY-APPROVED LEAVE OF ABSENCE...IS THIS LEGAL?
May 28, 2013

I was "terminated" after within 1 week of my company-approved (FMLA) leave of absence.  The excuse they used was that my company "could not accommodate" a leave of absence for the extended period of time that I would be out of work.  I needed the extended leave of absence because I had CMC arthroplasty with pin placement.  My surgeon gave me a written note that stated I would be in a hand cast for 6 weeks followed by 6 weeks of physical therapy, and he would not ...