A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I have highlighted "zero" and retyped "0" at - least ten thousand

Posted: Sep 15, 2010

times.  ASR has not changed and "learned" this.  I think it is all a bunch of hooey to highlight and change so it can "learn."  Just my opinion.  Haven't ever seen it change yet.  It is making all the original stupid mistakes plus a bajillion new ones now. 

I know why - it will never learn

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told that zero was how it should be typed from now on and marked wrong for 0. It can't learn if we we are going back on forth on each thing. Uggh.

I was told the same thing. I always write out zero when it stands alone - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

But this was 0 vicryl? Gotta be a 0 right? - anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]

What happened to the last instructions that - all numbers were to numerals?

[ In Reply To ..]
Has that changed and I missed it? I hate typing that the patient has 2 children, etc. I think it looks dumb.
Zero was the exception - Old part-timer
[ In Reply To ..]
Except when you're talking about sutures; then it's 0-Vicryl. I get tired of correcting it from O (the letter) when they're dealing with sutures.

I hate not spelling out numbers too (2 children, 3 days ago, etc). I think it looks like crap.

Similar Messages:

Question About Highlighted Words
May 12, 2012

Anybody know why, after you've been typing a report in ASR that words show up with a yellow highlight?  It is usually just one or 2 words.  My understanding is that that means they are not paid?  Don't know if I am doing something while editing to provoke this and if so, what I'm doing. ...

Speechmotion - Key Combination How To Capitalize text Once It Is Highlighted
Jun 12, 2012

I've looked all over the manual and I'm not able to find the key combination how to capitalize text once it is highlighted.  Anybody? ...

Why Is A "normal" Now Yellow Highlighted?
Sep 27, 2011

I just had a doc say to pull in the "normal" for physical examination.  When I pulled in the normal, it automatically yellow highlighted the entire text of the normal.  Does this mean I'm not getting line credits???  ...