A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone else had problems with collecting UE. - SBH

Posted: Mar 06, 2013

I had the unemployment office call and are disputing a lousy 14 bucks, because they don't understand how we get paid.  They can keep it.  I told them the amount of benefit they are offering is so small anyway that nobody can live off of that, but when your pay is so small that is what they base it from.  It is maddening.  I am looking for full time work elsewhere, but nowadays you put in an application online and you don't hear back.  I even went to the unemployment office last week to make sure that I was applying for the jobs correctly.  I cannot afford to go back to school because my husband makes too much and don't qualify.  As you all know when you go from making 13 an hour to 7.50 and hour with the price of everything else going up it puts you in the poor house.  This job makes you feel so inadequate, and yet is so hard to do anything about it.

If I didn't have a parttime second job, - MSmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I wouldn't be eating or probably living with my son. It's a good thing I have a friend that owns a transcription company. I would go fulltime with her if I didn't have to have insurance. That is the only thing that keeps me here. She even had to go down on pay for one of the accounts because it is a county (government) account. But, it is still more than minimum wage.

Just start applying and sending resumes - for jobs all over the internet.

[ In Reply To ..]
Scour the internet for job leads and apply. If you're experienced, you'll land something and something is better than nothing.

I wondered when this would come about regarding UE and how MModal MTs are paid. It's paid production which makes it difficult and it fluctuates dramatically. I never applied for UE because I knew it would be a royal pain in the butt to do all the bookkeeping and nevermind the fact that they can appeal it and you might have to pay it back anyway. Not worth the time and effort.

Good luck to you!

I have had no problems at all - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have collected unemployment at least 4 times over the 10 years I have been here. I have never had a problem. I report what I make weekly. I know that we only get paid every other week, but you still report your earnings weekly. You can very easily get your line count through DocQmanage and multiple that by your line rate, and report the amount you earned. I have never had them question how I get paid at all. If you have PTO time to report, you just multiple your PTO rate times the hours you took. It is pretty cut and dry.

it's not based on how you are paid, per se - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The benefit rate is calculated based on actual wages earned in a certain time period.

UE - maggybrn

[ In Reply To ..]
how timely you question was. I have been dealing with UE from TTS since Dec 2012. boils down to they can do whatever they want. If you file be aware that they will dispute your claim and you will have lots of hoops to jump through. McDonalds seems like a better option right now than MT work

they never disputed mine - oh well

[ In Reply To ..]
filed more than once while working here over the past several years, and never once did they dispute it.

Similar Messages:

Collecting Data
Dec 20, 2014

If you ever chance to use Ctrl S for past reports, please check statistics.  LMK if you see something "outta whack."  Got my own screen shots (without patient name), would suggest you do the same. ...

Collecting Unemployment
Apr 02, 2015

IF they fire me for performance management, 3 noncritcal/minor errors in a 6 months time, can I collect unemployment?  I argue the first time right document rule.  Given new accounts (which I have no issue with) but to learn what these mumbling physicians say and then penalized for it is beyond me versus showing me my errors and allowing me to correct and move forward.  You would think a 14 year employee would be given kudos versus threatening termination.    ...

Collecting Unemployment From MTSO?
Jan 20, 2011

I have never in my life been on unemployment and have NO idea how it works.  If I live in a different state than my MTSO is, does ANYONE know how this works?  What I need to do first?  Do I call my state unemployment or their state unemployment?  How does this process work? lost.... ...

Collecting Unemployment Questions
Nov 02, 2011

I signed up for unemployment , but I am unclear how to collect.  I am allowed so much money per week and we get paid biweekly.  They told me to divide my pay in half, but that does not seem right to me.  I may have work one week and not the next.  I was wondering how others figure it out.  This is my first time filing.  Any tips would be great.  The bills are starting to go unpaid, unfortunately unemployment will help, but not pay all of them. This is horrible ...

Wondering If Many Of You Have Applied For Or Are Collecting Partial (sm)
Feb 14, 2014

unemployment.  This is now the end of 3rd week with production next to nothing.  I have very little time around my schedule to make up time but when I can I still find it very sporadic and so I am reluctant to make time to do that.  Thankfully I was able to go without pay or very little for the first 2 weeks but now I'm worried.  DH has agreed that we could use our tax return to supplement our income and really wants me to just up and quit.  I am miserable ...