A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Getting on my last nerve - anonymous

Posted: Oct 26, 2010

Ever since our FTR plan, I rarely send anything to QA.  I usually only have 1 blank occasionally, and if I can't hear it, most of the time QA couldn't either, so I send the blank.  Got new accounts.  I was doing fair with that.  I don't know what has happened, but I am getting the bottom of the barrel yesteray and today.  I have had to send 3 or 4 reports to QA because of the more than 3-blank rule.  That is depressing that I do the reports and get virtually NO PAY for them now.  Then I get the rumored E-mail from CCM that she needs everybody to commit to an extra 600 lines for Nov 4-7 due to the ILP holiday.  That hit me wrong.  Then lo and behold we get another spreadsheet with our "goal", lph, and percentages.  I typed more than my minimum (not much, but a little).  I typed a couple of more lph last week than the week before, but my "percentage" went from 111% to 90% because I guess I didn't meet some "goal" that has been set FOR ME that I don't even know what it is. 

I try to live and let  live.  I am not making a lot of money, but it was a job.  Trying to stay until they turn the last light off, but I am really about to lose it today. 

Yep, been here a long time, have a good schedule, and make a good line rate.  We all know what that means, I guess?  I thought if I was doing a really good job, maybe I could continue, but it is looking otherwise. 

what? commit to extra 600 lines - for their holiday?

[ In Reply To ..]
when do they commit to extra lines for our holidays so we can enjoy a day... NOT EVEN 4 IN A ROW, JUST 1!

Is that per day, that 600? It will never happen.

I'll commit to that when they commit - to giving me steady work

[ In Reply To ..]
Or how about WORK in general instead of letting me sit for days on end with NO WORK AT ALL!

That is what burns me up so much about this company. NJA, NJA, NJA day after day and they want us to commit to cover the ILPs for their holiday??

Are they trying to make us go postal?

Commit - Trying to make us go postal?

[ In Reply To ..]
YEP!

commit - spitfire78

[ In Reply To ..]
what a joke!!! I'm working right now on an 800+ op report that obviously was not typed by any American transcriptionist. Of course it is ASR and even the computer isn't as bad as this report is. I've been working on it for about 40 minutes now, am almost at the end. I'm having to send it to QA since most of it doesn't even make enough sense for me to "clean it up". I don't understand how the "Q" thinks they are making money by having reports done twice.
Just had to vent. I'm furious.....OK back to it.

Similar Messages:

WHAT NERVE!
Feb 15, 2011

"Experienced, high volume and ready to work". Oh yes, and they pay 7 cents a line - whoopee!   ...

I Wish Someone Would Ask OTI (I Don't Have The Nerve!)
Jan 30, 2014

I wish someone would ask the sisters or one of the A's what honestly is going on.  All I get is "Work is just slow right now."  RE: the post below about the docs saying something about Dragon, it really makes me wonder.  I wish they'd communicate the truth. ...

Pharyngeal Nerve?
Mar 31, 2011

Status post right pharyngeal nerve injury with C3 to C7 fusion requiring further surgery. The surgery was reportedly complicated by a right recurrent pharyngeal nerve injury requiring subsequent surgery with improvement and complicated by left rotator cuff tear which has required two surgeries.   Am I correct here thinking this would be  "pharyngeal nerve"? Thanks ...

S/l Crown Nerve 5
Jun 03, 2011

Would "crown nerve 5" be right in the following sentence?   She has sensory deficits in her right face particularly around the second component of   crown nerve 5 but also some sensory deficit globally in a stocking glove distribution in the right upper and right lower extremity.   Thanks so much!   ...

Doctor Saying S/l Halacele Nerve, But ...
Dec 02, 2009

shouldn't it be hallucal nerve?   The patient is having trouble with her feet and he states the diagnosis is... neuralgia at the medial s/l halacele nerve (hallucal) tia. He does not pronounce it as hallucal, but I cannot find anything else. ...

Nerve Root Lips
Apr 18, 2011

On this laminotomy, ever heard of "these nerve root lips were tucked"  Could lips be correct? Makes sense, but unsure.  HELP! ...

Peroneal Nerve Sgy: S/l Poutic's Out
Apr 26, 2011

Doc is saying that s/l "poutic's out was identified just distal to the fibular head."    Wha???? Found something calling the peroneal nerve the "pout" but am stuck. ...

Ulnar Nerve Transfer
May 23, 2012

Clearly spells "Leiiermont" ulnar nerve transfer.  ...

Hypogastric Nerve Block
Jun 01, 2012

SL ... "alar clot"  "This was done while injecting a small alar clot of 1% Lidocaine to anesthetize the tract."   Thanks!     ...

Nerve Struck At Nuance
Jul 16, 2013

Rountable re MUP minimum wage, conference calls re MUP? Seems to me that someone is squirming at Nuance about minimum wage and it makes me smile.  :) Keep up the pressure fellow employees. Has the the Dept of Labor been in contact with them recently?  :0   I realize Nuance thinks they are above the law but they do have another thing coming in their near future.  Watch out TSMs. You will be held accountable also, for the higher ups will ensure they are not ...

Fibrinate Nerve Complex?
Aug 05, 2013

This dr. is driving me absolutely nuts!  Thanks for any help. ...

Obvious Vessel Which Is *empining* The Right 7th Nerve. Thanks. Nm
Dec 10, 2009

nm ...

CA Median Nerve Make Sense?
Mar 01, 2010

At the same time, he has weakness of abductor pollicis brevis (CA, median nerve) as well as numbness of first finger and thumb on the left (median nerve C6).   I am not sure what he is referring to when saying CA and wonder if this makes sense? ...

S/l And Trazedine Or Metrazadine Right L4 Nerve Root.
Mar 14, 2011

There is mass effect on the exiting right L3 nerve root and "trazadine" right L4 nerve root. ...

Love Nerve Root Retractor
May 25, 2012

Is "love" of love nerve root retractor capitalized?  Thanx! ...

? Rt Ulnar Nerve Neuropathy Surgery Sm
Jul 03, 2013

The patient received 2 grams of Ancef with a one-hour cut time, had s/l CDs placed on the lower extremities.   Thanks!  ...

In Cranial Nerve Exam Patient Has *cysgingeal* Hyperplasia?? Thanks. Nm
Apr 01, 2011

nm ...

On MRI, Bilateral "candid Lick U Lar" Facial Nerve Enhancement Is Unchanged.
Sep 08, 2010

:) ...

Occipital Nerve Block, Kenalog Injected In A S/l "fan Ship" Manner. SM
Jul 31, 2014

A 25-gauge, 2-1/2 inch needle was then introduced and 10 mL of 1% lidocaine along with 40 mg of Kenalog was then injected in a "fan ship" manner. ...

Cranial Nerve Exam- No Abnormal "sigh-cat-ick" Movement
Jun 08, 2010

nm ...

Early "nasent" Right Median Nerve Dysfunction
Aug 09, 2010

Also, due to the fact that the patient had evidence of early nasant right median nerve dysfunction, despite having had two right carpal tunnel repairs performed in 1990 as well as in 1996.      I know I am off but that is what is sounds like.  Thanks! ...

Pt Had A "daVinci" Robotic Nerve-sparing Prostatectomy
Mar 25, 2012

space or no space? ...

Anyone Heard Of "vascular Blush" In The Median Nerve
Feb 19, 2014

For the findings he says - Moderate hourglass deformity and vascular blush are noted in the median nerve. I cannot find out what vascular blush is, but it's pretty clear he is saying that, but cannot find it to confirm. Any help is appreciated. Thanks ...

S/l "Yeoman's 7th Cranial Nerve Palsy."
Oct 21, 2009

I have a doc who sounds like he is saying "YEOMAN'S 7th cranial nerve palsy."  He has used it before.  I cannot figure it out or find it (all I come up with is Bell's, and that is not what he is saying) and it has never been corrected on feedback, so apparently the editors don't know it, either.  He has a strong middle eastern accent so this may be throwing me off.  Any suggestions  would be much appreciated.  Thank you. ...

What A Nerve! Did You Guys See The "poll" On MQ Central?
Dec 21, 2009

They're asking if we've finished with our Christmas shopping.  Why didn't they leave a space where we could write something in, like for instance:  Due to the fact that I'm making minimum wage, we're not exchanging Christmas gifts this year.  What a bunch of jackasses.  I'm sorry, that's insulting to jackasses (the 4-legged kind). ...

S/l "X V" And Left L1 Nerve Root.
Mar 01, 2011

The most destructive site is at L1 with extension of the lesion extending from the left body into the pedicle and lamina showing epidural soft tissue mass that displaces the left L2 nerve root and nearly obliterated the "X V" and left L1 nerve root.  ...

Division 1 Of The Facial Nerve Or Division I?
Jan 02, 2013

Ms. X about 10 days ago had an episode of shingles affecting division one of the facial nerve on the left side.   How is division one transcribed?   thanks. ...