A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do other industries who work on commission - or production have to

Posted: Aug 12, 2011

clock in such as real estate agents and car salesmen?  Can they work more than 8 hours to make more money?  I can't believe any company gripes because we work TOO much!!!!  Kind of funny if not so tragic.

we dont work on comission - in case you didnt know

[ In Reply To ..]
We work on production. We are required to work certain hours. If you cannot achieve their line count in those hours, you do not belong here. That is it. There is very limited work right now and by working over your hours, you are taking away work from someone else trying to work their required hours.

Why is this so hard to understand? This is why we have to punch a clock in the first place, cause of people like you who think they can do whatever they want.

wow, someone got up on the wrong side of the bed - not the OP

[ In Reply To ..]
x

100% agree - see my waitress analogy post below

[ In Reply To ..]
I also don't see why some people just don't get it.

said commission OR production - Hateful

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

why on earth does it matter what - car salesmen do?

[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder what a union garbage man does when he wants to work extra hours?

Actually I work my schedule and produce my - minimum. Was just

[ In Reply To ..]
about other industries. You need to take a deep breath.

meow! How about when there is no work? - North MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Most people are working unscheduled hours trying to make up their shift because there was no work in the first place. Don't assume that everyone is committing fraud here.

Regarding the time clock- who cares? If MQ provided decent benefits I must back up your argument about punching in and out, but the benefits are pathetic at best and we would be better off at statuatory like we used to be. Your time clock theory goes along with the lockdown or lockout that they tried awhile ago-trying to forbid people from working outside their shift. That worked so well it lasted for a week in the North and never even got rolled out to the other regions- no work and no way to schedule everyone so they don't overlap each other trying to make up work.

That's a Management answer. - *

[ In Reply To ..]

How is that a management answer - brokebackMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Whatever! I stand by what I say, that people working off the clock should get busted and I sincerely hope they do. I already informed my CCM of what I read on here and I hope they crack the whip so I get some work in my area!

You wanna break the rules, go ahead.

do other industries - kittykat

[ In Reply To ..]
I use to transcribe as a contractor and I could and did work 7 days a week as many hours as I wanted to if the work was there. One reason our company does not do that is they got in trouble for overtime and not paying for it. Another reason is as stated below, it takes away work from other MT's on their schedules. I wish when I see a backlog of a lot I could just jump in, but I would get in trouble, I am sure.

Similar Messages:

Transferrable Skills From MT To What Industries?
Mar 29, 2010

I have to get out of MT.  Been doing this over 20 years and am so burnt out.  What are some other industries where these skills would be transferrable?  I'm feeling like MT is all I know how to do and its depressing.  Thinking about taking a Medical Assistant course or something. ...

Commission?
Sep 28, 2011

Has anyone heard of being paid a percentage (aka commission) only on the lines their "team" produces for the client?  ...

Joint Commission Has No Idea There Are Still
Aug 02, 2013

What the heck are these MTSO companies telling them??  Joint Commission is only aware of a product such as Dragon or voice recognition products and only know the front end and the back end of the products, but have no idea of that there are medical transcriptionists EDITING THE REPORTS???  https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o11asGi2zuc#at=16 This is Debbie on Facebook, PROUD TO BE A MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTONIST who has been fighting for MTs.  She spoke to the ...

Joint Commission Petition For MT
Nov 26, 2013

Hi! I just signed the petition "Joint Commission: Petition the Joint Commission to develop medical transcription and documentation standards." on Change.org. It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link: http://www.change.org/petitions/joint-commission-petition-the-joint-commission-to-develop-medical-transcription-and-documentation-standards?share_id=mbSfJURsfk&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition Thanks! Wendy ...

Joint Commission Conference Call.
Jul 01, 2013

This is on Facebook. mymt.me shared a photo. ...

Joint Commission Conference Call
Jul 31, 2013

Does anyone remember the post about the Joint Commission Conference Call that was supposed to take place on July 23? I am wondering if this call took place and what the result was. I don't see anything on the poster's facebook page, but I am not savvy with facebook. I'd be curious to know the outcome, if any. http://forum.mtstars.com/489327.html ...

Joint Commission SR & Outsourcing Overseas, Sm.
Apr 27, 2015

This is a Must Read. http://www.jointcommission.org/issues/article.aspx?Article=fddvQj8uTBdf1nykmE%2fNC8KiB5mn4Rgtazo2HZz3fmw%3d   ...