A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

"Delight" our customers?! - Trampled underfoot

Posted: Jul 02, 2013

I didn't read all the thread below about the new line count requirements, but did anyone else find that phrase odd?  "Delight" our customers?!  First off, would our customers know (or care) how many lines any particular transcriptionists churn out?  Except in the case of a stat report, I don't see how fast we work would be noticed.

But "delight"?  As a consumer (of any goods/services), I don't know that's a word I'd use.  Am I delighted with my electric company?  The gas I buy?  Does my grocery store delight me?  Maybe that's one of those new buzzwords that they're so fond of creating.  Now it's not just good enough to do our job accurately and efficiently, we have to "delight" someone. 

Sorry, but I haven't been delighted with my job for some years now; ever since they started dropping my pay and treating us like excrement.

Makes me think of slight of hand - North MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Ooh look Mr. Customer at this hand with all our shiny new technology while we delight you, while with the other hand Mmodal is reaching into their pockets and stealing their money. Delight is just an illusion. I bet none of their customers are delighted. Constantly looking for a cheaper deal and better quality probably more likely.

Sounds like ESL Indian language. An American would likely say please the customers. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Nm

Reminds me of - something

[ In Reply To ..]
they would say about dancing monkeys... I guess that would be us.

They've used this phrase for awhile now - JustMe

[ In Reply To ..]
When I was nominated for MME of the Year a few years ago that was one of their questions during the interview process... What do you do to "delight our customers?" so they've been using this for awhile.

It's an old term - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
That term was used on one of their motivational posters in our office over ten years ago.

Similar Messages:

Customers Upset
Aug 07, 2013

Doncha love the frantic emails about how the customers are upset with all the out of TAT work?  Seriously what does this company expect when they push people out the door in droves due to the lousy pay, mistreatment, unethical way they run things.  Karma baby.  ...

Got An Email That Customers Are Complaining
Aug 30, 2010

about quality of reports, and these reports are are being traced back to ASR reports and it has been reiterated that we must listen to the whole report. Hmmm..... Wonder if the reports are from ILP or US as, based on the sudden drop in work a while back, it looks as though our group's work has been swallowed by the at least 80% to India CB rule. ...

Now They Can See How Many Blanks We Send To Customers
Dec 06, 2010

and apparently can compare it to how many reports we send to QA, and if the number is too high, we'll be gettin a talkin to.  ...