A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

DQS Proficiency-Productivity emails ???? - Kiki1

Posted: Nov 29, 2010

First of all I wonder why I'm getting this email from "Sandra" at my personal email and not my work email????

Anyone else getting these and understand what it is about?  Telling us exactly how many times we clicked the mouse, etc?  Does anyone have any idea as to what they think they want to accomplish doing this?  I know they SAY they want to help us be more "productive" and increase ASR productivity, but I'm skeptical.  Thoughts? 

I haven't gotten that email yet.... - They are probably

[ In Reply To ..]
still counting my clicks on the mouse!! hahaha

I got one and it's - pretty creepy

[ In Reply To ..]
if you ask me. Will they also check how much time I spend in the bathroom? :) Why do they consider use of the mouse a BAD thing? And how can I be spending 700 hours doing something when there aren't 700 hours in a week? Do they really mean minutes? My "gross" is less than my "net" (when it should be the other way around). Who designed this thing anyway?

I don't believe there is a way to monitor - bathroom time!!

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm anxious to see if I get an email breaking down my hours!! HAHA

The mouse is a "BAD" thing because it - cuts down on production!!

[ In Reply To ..]
It takes time away from the keyboard to grab the mouse and click away. I can't help it, I'm mouse driven and I don't think I can be converted, I've tried, but I don't know.....

looking up terms cuts down - on production too

[ In Reply To ..]
and adds to the "time spent with no audio and no keystrokes" or whatever the heck it's called.

MQ software used to be DOS-based and in fact there was no mouse for my old MQ computer, so I can see how they think use of the mouse is bad.
Yes, and reading through constantly new CPs cuts down on production, too - Kiki1
[ In Reply To ..]
They don't want our hands off that keyboard to do ANYTHING...that includes using the mouse, looking up terms, checking the CP OR going to the bathroom.

Your house on fire? You better not stop typing!

Creepy is right!! - Ang

[ In Reply To ..]
Had an immediate thought of being a puppet - beyond creepy - control gone wild. On a positive note, I used to fight against using the mouse and then realized as a person who played the piano for years I can use it to advantage. Can move mouse while using left hand to do other things - all in sync - to me, mouse is fine if you use it right - to move page around for example - sometimes faster than keystrokes - if you get both hands into it. Anyway,super monitoring or not, I am just going to be a regular person and not a robot.

at least we don't have the Impact Team - calling us

[ In Reply To ..]
and saying, "We see that your fingers are off the keyboard and your headset is off your ears. Is something wrong?"

Nervous clicking - Kittymama

[ In Reply To ..]
I do nervous clicking when doing ASR. Maybe too much caffeine, but I can't keep my hands still. Constantly moving, jumping around while waiting for dictator to catch up. I am I going to be penalized for that? My production is what it is, is cutting down on keystrokes going to make me more productive? Don't think so.

Keystrokes are high, compared to what? No baseline to compare to, just a bunch of numbers. It's crazy.

gross versus net - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The gross count is lines per hour with inactivity figured in, making it less. The net count is lph with the inactive period taken out, which is why it's more. Net just means something was taken away from the gross, whether it is a positive or negative factor.

If you use the stats in it, it will help you. Problem is - most paranoids will not allow anyone to help them.

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, it must be pure evil for the to try to show you where your weaknesses are in using ASR. No one said it is perfect and thank goodness else you wouldn't have a job. However, there are proven efficient methods for using it. The stats show you where you are in efficiency.

But, as I have said before, just stay with that stubborn, nobody's-gonna-tell-me-how-to-fail-dang-it attitude and you'll do just what you are: failing.

I think it is a waste of company for one reason only: Most of you don't deserve it.

At least they can say that they did all they could and you still were incapable of learning!!!

Out with the old ... in with the new!!!

agree, I need to be taped to my chair - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I admit it, I'm one of those that types a half dozen to a dozen reports and gets up, chats with the family, even KVM to my non-work computer and putz around. I found that my putzing (including work related research) uses 4 hours(!!) out of my week. Using a little math on my gross and net lines, that's the difference between $13/hr to $18/hr. Granted a lot is for research, but that sure motivates me to stay on my duff and work.

Well, whatever they are doing, I still think it - Kiki1

[ In Reply To ..]
boils down to they want to set us up for another pay cut. They want to say that now that we have learned to be more productive, we are going to have to cut your pay and you will still make the same.

What they don't take into account is that ASR is not only NOT getting better, it is GETTING WORSE!

They are going to have a mass exodus of MTs if they cut pay again, I know it. But that might be what they want. Not me! They will have to lay me off or FIRE me......I don't care....I'm in CA and will get unemployment even I get fired. You hear that you sheister suits who lurk here!!!!

It came to my personal email as well. - I do not like that at all

[ In Reply To ..]
We have MQ mail for a reason. My personal email is just that...personal.

creepy personal e-mail - realistic

[ In Reply To ..]
If you belong to facebook or some other social network and you declared your employment with MQ, you are being hacked most likely. Has absolutely nothing to do with MQ.

No. I have not. - It has everything to do with MQ

[ In Reply To ..]
x

That makes no sense. - You are saying that

[ In Reply To ..]
a person is being hacked with ONE email from their EMPLOYER??

You make no sense at all. LOL

The bottom line is that MQ should not be sending business emails to our personal email accounts; that is why we have email through MQ Central. It has nothing to do with "hacking". Good grief! It has to do with someone at MQ messing up when they entered the email addresses into the system for this new "bogus way to cut our pay" email.

Hacked...lol.

mine came to MQ mail but MQ mail is down - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
A fat lot of good sending it to MQ mail does when I haven't been able to access my MQ mail. I probably will just get angry anyway looking at the report so it is probably for the best. Thank God for the delete button when it finally comes back up.

I don't know but all it did was annoy me. - grumble

[ In Reply To ..]
The data is confusing and doesn't address the fact that excessive keystrokes are needed because ASR SUCKS and so do the dictators. What I get from the data is that the 60% cut for editing is not justified at all.

Amen to that! - Just Sayin

[ In Reply To ..]
So true, it shows that 40% pay cut for ASR is not justified!!

re: Kiki1 - Kika

[ In Reply To ..]
Work sent e-mail a long time ago that if we preferred, we could get MQ mail at our personal address, but we had to give that info, so at somepoint you must have. I did, because I check my personal e-mail throughout the day and get "pings" with new mail. MQ Central only keeps us logged in for, what is it?, 120 minutes, doesn't "ping" so I don't know when I get a notification there.

My proficiency report was very helpful. I was very glad to see that I was was exceeding the LPH and doing pretty darn good on the other stuff as well.

It's MY opinion that this is a useful tool. The option is yours to take, like the e-mail says, participation is encouraged, not mandatory.

I personally don't have a problem taking a bit of time to check out the tips and tools modules a couple of times a week, instead of surfing the web.

Again, this is just MY FEELING on this.

I haven't gotten this email yet.... - wonder if all do? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Updated Teamwork And Proficiency Emails
Nov 18, 2010

I just got 2 emails, one describing the new improved Schedule Source, and the second saying they will be sending us e-mails evaluating our proficiency in ASR reports and giving us recommendations for improvement.  Anyone want to bet they think these proficiency tips are going to lead to increased production and an excuse for the next big pay cut? ...

Production/proficiency
Nov 18, 2010

Got a split report.  Never get them.  Had forgotten what I learned in the 6.1 update so had to find it on MQ Central and re-listen to the blessed instructions.  Took forever as it won't let you fastforward to the part of the instructional that you need.  Don't guess their keystroke monitoring cares about that, nor the time I wasted having to do it (yet again).  ...

WMX ISR Proficiency Report
Dec 05, 2010

Well, this is my first report and there are no other words for it, I suck.  I knew I probably went to bathroom, got coffee, let dog in and out, changed laundry loads too  much while on the clock, but I still got LPH/hours in.  Did not know I was off that much.  Needless to say, I will be studying those CBTs. The phase I and II training sessions ??? Was phase I our initial training and we have another session to go or is this something different. I am not ready to give up y ...

Fluency SR Proficiency
Dec 19, 2012

Is this thing a joke?  Who monitors this stuff?  I got my scores and got a 1.0 on highlighter usage.  I use it all the time!  I then got a 5.0 for speeding up playback.  I never do that!  Also got 1.0 for using arrows, Ctrl, Alt, etc.  I use them all the time too.  What is the point of this? ...

ASR Proficiency Statistics - So Much Wrong With This!
Nov 16, 2012

I scored low in everything - key strokes, playback speed, editing while audio is playing, etc. Everything they advise plays havoc with accuracy!!!! If I did what they advise me to, I would flunk an audit so bad. I might as well just read the document and edit what looks wrong. Nevermind that reading the document won't do any good because ASR leaves out text, adds text, puts in wrong numbers in the labs, etc. ...

Farewell To The Proficiency Stats Email
Mar 14, 2013

the latest proficiency stats email says it will be the last - which is good because I don't think anyone likes them. ...

Productivity???
Jun 14, 2012

I just don't get it.  When they started doing these productivity checks, I was at aan "inactive time" of a whopping 40% . . . or so they said.  I have steadily improved it every week and have dropped it down to 18, then 15, then 9, 9 and again 9.  However, my pay hasn't changed.  Doesn't that seem extremely odd?  Are we being cheated? ...

Is Is Just Me, Or Is This New PRODUCTIVITY
Jul 13, 2013

CALCULATOR just of a stupid waste of time.  I use a notebook, pencil, and calculator to track all the info I need to make sure I make my line count. I wonder how much time was spent and how much $$$ was paid to come up with this waste of time.  We actually do real work, but a lot of employees at MModal seem to have difficulty justifying their (probably much larger than our) paychecks ...

Productivity
Aug 21, 2013

I have decided that I am not going to stress about productivity any more.  I will do the best I can on each report, go as fast as I can, and if it's not good enough.....well, just let the chips fall where they may! ...

Productivity Question
Apr 07, 2010

Does anyone out there have their productivity bonus taken away if you make too many errors? For example, where I work if an incorrect date is put on a report or if a report is typed on the incorrect encounter we lose QA points. That then is added to the random QA done every month and if you go below a certain percentage you do not get your productivity bonus. Just wondering if this is standard? ...

Increasing Productivity
May 22, 2010

Anyone know any good advice on increasing productivty using Medrite or just in general? I have been working for almost a year since graduating and i'm getting better slowly but surely, but i'd like to see more progress, as my pay rate is on the low side and I figured if I can be faster than I can kind of give myself a raise. Any help would really be appreciated. ...

And Another Thing About That DQS Productivity BS...
Nov 30, 2010

Gross Lines?  Net Lines?  What exactly does that mean.  Should net lines be more?  If I really average what they say I do, I should be making 27/hour???  I times the net lines by my rate = 27.  Well, that is for SURE not the case.  I only wish.  And what difference does it make whether we use the mouse or not IF that is the most efficient way?  Will their ridiculousness never cease to amaze me?  ...

Productivity Report And Job Log
Dec 09, 2010

Been told in the past not to bother with keeping a job log.  Got my first productivity report today and boy and I glad I didn't listen to them and continued keeping my log and screen prints.  They only show base numbers.  No accounting for: Having to use mouse because keyboard shortcuts are hard on carpal tunnel suffers.  No time allowed for their FTR without QA research in past reports. Inconsistencies on slider bar. (they're never wrong.....WRONG) No time allo ...

Why Is It After Getting My Productivity Results
Jan 24, 2011

like such a failure?   Average lines per hour 250+ ASR (which I thought was pretty darned good for our ASR), and average inactive time 1.0 per report.   In the space of the past week, I find my daughter telling me I do not do a proper job in taking care of her son, my husband tells me that his house has never been messier and that I dont care for myself anymore, after scrubbing the carpets my cat puked all over the place as if to prove "I missed a spot" and then the productivity re ...

Do The Productivity Numbers Really Add Up?
Apr 13, 2011

My actual ASR lph and what they say I could do if there wasn't any "inactive" time is usually almost double. I have no idea how I can humanly close that gap. And yes, I am not using the dreaded mouse. I put my nose to the grind stone with absolutely no inactivity due to doing anything other than edit, and yet, I still come up with the lph they report I am doing rather than what they think I should be able to do without any inactivity. Interesting that this time they had a mouse click re ...

DEP MT's And ASR Productivity Statistics
Nov 11, 2011

Does anyone get emails weekly or every other week with their statistics for DEP and ASR?  I've been getting these and it includes suggestions to get more productivity such as, using left/right arrows, ctrl+shift+left, etc.  It also give me total gross AST activity length, length of time an ASR job is open, length of time spent making changes to an ASR, total inactivity length.  I don't know what to think about this, except that they want more work out of me. ...

Productivity Enhancements
Feb 14, 2012

AND THIS is what they come up with???  Hey MTs, it's all your fault!  We're gonna try to help you reduce all that inactive time you're spending! Couldn't be anything on our end!  It's absolutely insulting. ...

Productivity Time
May 10, 2012

Just curious .  .  . was anyone else shocked by an extremly high inactive time on their productivity report?  I was given an inactive time of a whopping 42%!!!!!!  How could that possibly be when I've never even been repriomanded for not producing enough?  So if this inacive time is accurate, that would mean that out of 8 hours a day, I am somehow sitting here for over 3-1/2 hours not working, and yet somehow still meeting my line quota?  Just wondere ...

Precyse Productivity
Jun 14, 2012

Any Precyse MTs having trouble meeting the 96% production time expectation?  How are you managing to do it? Work off the clock?  Thanks.  HR is supporting this push.  It was 35 hours on a 40 hour week, then 37.5 now 38.5.  thanks... ...

More On Productivity Email
Jun 20, 2012

Questions on understanding this productivity report.  I believe the "Your gross SR lines per hour" is the MModal calculation of our production for that week.  Is this correct? If so, why is my weekly calculation quite a bit higher than theirs? Also, apparently the average MT production is 195 lph.  Do most of you average this much?   ...

Higher Productivity--same Pay
Jun 28, 2012

After AGAIN seeing more productivity and no increase in my pay, I sent my CCM an e-mail asking to explain it.  Will keep you all posted!  Maybe everyone should do the same, let them see how frustrated we all are.  Betcha M*Modal is the only one reaping any benefits from our increased productivity.  Bet the suits are getting major bonuses while we can barely keep our heads above water. ...

Coding Productivity?
Mar 26, 2013

Can anyone doing coding tell me how your productivity is figured?  Are there a certain number of jobs you have to code within a certain time period?  I know with transcription it is minutes or lines or however your employer figures it, but did not know about coding. ...

Speeding Up Productivity
Apr 06, 2014

I am looking for suggestions to speed up my productivity. I have been with a company going on 7 months. Besides the fact that I have had numerous problems with their Service Manger, which has slowed my production, but I also use Dragon Speech; not only does that help with accuracy, but production. None the less, for a FT contractor, we are suppose to be doing a minimum of 1100 lines in an 8-hour shift. I work at times 14+ hour days, 6 days a week and still fall short by roughly 200-300 lines a d ...

Need Help Calculating Productivity
Dec 02, 2014

Can someone tell me how they calculate their productivity to get an hourly average...tired of watching the tracker software go up and down..thanks ...

Productivity Tips
Jan 13, 2015

I'm wondering if anyone has any productivity tips for staying focused that they'd like to share.  I've been doing this for so many years, but it seems like a daily struggle to sit still for six to eight hours a day and just type report after report, especially when the laundry and housecleaning always seems to be calling out to me.  I've tried the 25 minutes on/5 minutes off without much success and am wondering what else works for people.   Thanks for any sh ...

Productivity Discrepancy
Feb 18, 2015

Is anyone else noticing a discrepancy between what the productivity number  is during transcription and the weekly productivity number posted to your email?  My productivity number during transcription is running 20-30 lines higher than the final number.  This has just recently started happening.  ...

Productivity: Am I Too Conscientious?
Mar 01, 2015

I was an IC for 20 years before having to work for a service.  I hated to have to leave a blank and in the beginning would spend a half hour searching references (pre-internet) not have to leave a blank.  This became a habit I find hard to break.   Although the MTSOs require you research previous reports to try to get a clue as to what mumble mouth is trying to say, is there really time for that when we have to meet production demands?  With good dictators I do 200 to 300 LPH ...

How Can I Increase Productivity?
Apr 23, 2015

I do transcription work for several different doctors and get a lot of pre-generated reports that just need editing.  Is there anything at all that I can do to increase productivity? Thank you all!  ...

What Are Your Productivity Requirements?
May 02, 2015

My company has progressively increased productivity requirements until I am really struggling to meet them.  I'm thinking about looking for another job, but I wanted to know if there are any lower requirements out there.  I would be grateful to anyone who is willing to share what the requirements for your company are.  You don't have to mention the name of your company, I'm just trying to get a general idea if there are lower requirements out there.  Thanks. ...

Productivity Tracking Methods
Jun 27, 2010

On someone else's recommendation, our boss is looking into "amount-of-time-in-a-document" as a method of tracking productivity.  Anyone else have experience with this?  Are (and if so, how are) variables (i.e., pauses, difficult dictator, etc.) factored in?  Any input most welcome.   ...