A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

But I DON'T WANNA work for Q! - noooooooo

Posted: Sep 21, 2011

So my company has been bought out by the Q, of course with the assumption that all of us will want to jump from the sinking ship --->into the cold ocean???

Technically I am fired from the old job, as that company is done for, but Q sends out an "offer of employment" with no base rate, no schedule, just a mention that things will stay the same - for now.

I don't WANT to accept the job with Q!  If I wanted to work for them I would have been.  My question is, will my filing for unemployment be messed up just because they sent me a vague offer of employment "for now"  ???  ANY help would be appreciated.  I need to focus on school and looking for something better, not leave my termination on their terms in a couple months...

My opinion.....sm - mb

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't blame you for not wanting to work for MedQuist. Believe me, I doubt if you would be happy here. I know after 7 years and a steadily shrinking income, I'm ready to go elsewhere myself.

I would think that since you didn't actually seek out employment with MedQuist that you should still be able to get unemployment. So you should just be able to ignore their offer and go ahead and apply for unemployment, in my opinion!

here is some food for thought - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I would file for unemployment and if they ask if the new company offered you a job, you could tell them, "Yea, for minumum wage!"

Or, start there and file for unemployment because the wage is so low you would qualify for partial unemployment off of your old job.

I would work the least amount of hours possible at the Q, start off with like 15 or 20 hours and when they tell you have to bump up to 24 to be part time, say, "NO, you said things would NOT CHANGE!"

comparable employment - nooooooo

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the support lol. I talked to a state unemployment worker and she said you have to report any offer of work. And I said, "yeah but this is an entirely different company who ...." and explained why I never applied with them, and she again says "any offer of work" - apparently regardless of how detrimental it would be to accept it. I could always appeal the decision - awesome, then end up without a check at all for 2 months.

Screw the Q & their no-warning, behind-closed-doors bull. They really know when they got ya by the balls.

no, you take the job and then - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Send every report to QA and still file file unemployment. Raise questions about ADT, or questions about what dictator said. Then when they lower your pay to 1 cpl because you sent over 5% to QA, you can file for unemployment. Then, keep doing it and they will let you go and you will still get unemployment.

Boy, I am with ya!!! My head has been spinning and my - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
stomach is upset. I actually feel like I'm in mourning. I am looking in all directions for new work and hoping and praying something will come along......I would have been happier with an email laying me off. I left MQ a few years ago because I was barely making minimum wage and I can't go back to that; I would lose my home!!! My friends and family are telling me to hang in there and that everyone is afraid of the unknown, but in this case I do know, and I know I cannot afford to work for a few bucks an hour doing a job that requires the skills we all have. I pray for all of us.....

so sorry shortcake - Former MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I know exactly how you felt. I had heard bad things about the Q before they even acquired Spheris! I did try to stay positive, but you and I both know what is ahead. I too would have lost my home if I had tried to stick out there much longer. I went to PT, and took more hours from another job I had to keep to stay afloat. Low and behold, just as I had hoped, it went to full time....the day before I had to give my now employer an answer my account of 10 years disappeared....POOF-GONE! So I figured, "Here's your sign." Prayers for you and all the others. So sorry!

are you going to put UNFORTUNATELY under have you ever worked for this company before - on the application LOL

[ In Reply To ..]
but seriously what are you guys that have worked for MQ before gonna put on your app? Do you think they will let you go?

Got bought out too - MarineMom

[ In Reply To ..]
We got bought out by Q last year...yeah, no changes at first, but probably around the first of the year you will. We have now been integrated with their time card system, their paycheck schedule, and their paycut I had to take so everyone would be paid the same "across the board". Yay...not! I was ok with that because I will still typing my old account, til we lost it with no explanation. (Don't know if it went across the pond or if they went with a different company). Now I'm typing on Q's accounts and finally after over a year, have access to MQ central. As of the first of September, none of us had access to, and I say this loosely, the benefits of MQ Central like the AAMT BOS, or anything else. So, do I wish I could go somewhere else? Sure I do...but I like working from home, I like my split shift, and I've only ever done clinic work, not hospital...so I'm kinda stuck....how wonderful for me :(

how long have i got - seriously - noooooooo

[ In Reply To ..]
we get punished for something that is to the employer's benefit - that we work from home...

I guess i chose to stay 'for now' because my employer reassured me my client would only come over if we stay on the account...that's probably BS and how will the poor client know anyway...

how long realistically do you all think i have, those of you who have been through this before? they put us on Teamwork as soon as telling us we were bought, and in fact made it retroactive to a few days before. did you get your first ridiculous QA in the first month? when do they start counting how much % you send to QA as blanks? i work on an account that even if you have one, policy is to send it to QA

ugh shoot me!

Similar Messages:

I Wanna Know
Mar 21, 2010

If TAA is so wonderful, how come no one is speaking up about its benefits?  I see many going back to school, are these people the ones who benefited from the program?  Are others still walking into walls?  Your experience? ...

Just Wanna Cry
Oct 07, 2010

Been typing my heart out all morning on unfamiliar new accounts with no previous reports, no repository, and am 200 lines short of the MINIMUM.  I just want to give up.  I hate this job so much.  ...

Wanna Know Who Thought Up VBC?
Feb 16, 2010

Something smacks of anti-trust here. Excerpt: It’s been a little more than two years since the AHIMA and the Medical Transcription Industry Association (MTIA) recommended the visual black character (VBC) method be used as the standard unit of measure for medical transcription. Based on research from the Joint Task Force on Standards Development, the announcement came in the form of a white paper that made quite a splash. Defining a VBC as a “character that can be seen with the nake ...

Wanna Hurt Them
Mar 04, 2010

It started with forcing us to do ASR, with a 20% reduction in pay, then upped the reduction to 40%. They shove TeamWork down our throats - not for Our benefit, but to make life easier for the CCMs. Every time we get a new, improved "rule" it involves our unpaid time to read their unintelligible emails and try to decipher them.  I don't Want Benchmark, or to be a member of ADHI.  But this latest atrocity gives me "homicidal ideation."  Penalties for blanks!  Puh-l ...

Just Wanna Work
Feb 28, 2011

Been sick all weekend.  Have a sinus infection that hurts when I touch the side of my face and my eye is all scratchy and can't hardly see.  Didn't want to get up this morning, but did, got ready, squirted saline in my eye so I could see fairly well for a while, sat down and NO JOBS AVAILABLE.  Gets so old, but I am sure there is already an E-mail being sent that chastizes us to work our schedules.    ...

Ya Know What, Doc? If Ya Don't Wanna Dictate It...
May 15, 2015

Don't.  Go home and hand write it.  Quit wasting my time and my life.   ...

Type What I Wanna Say
Jun 04, 2015

I would absolutely love to be able to leave a QA note on every report where the dictator is being a true imbecile.  QA note "dictator smacking candy, unable to clarify."  QA note "dictator calling from cell phone with bratty kids screaming in the background."  QA note "dictator carrying on conversation with several others while dictating, unable to clarify what is or is not supposed to be in report."  QA note "dictator a complete idiot, mumbling the whole time, spelling every ...

Anybody Wanna Hear My Story About VR?
Apr 29, 2010

I am a small MTSO. I had a pretty big hospital account that went to ES VR 2 years ago. The fallout for the hospital has been rather profound. They offered me 16 for straight and 8 for VR. I thought at the time that I could live with that if VR made MTs faster and they could earn virtually the same as for straight typing. Well, that didn't turn out and my MTs ran like scalded dogs! I have since learned through grapevine that they are in real big trouble. The remaining few hospital MTs are ed ...

DocQmanage Has Not Changed Yet, Wanna Bet The New Name Is
Jan 24, 2012

Instead of the funky little Q's everywhere, it will be a pair of M's.  Then for MT week, they will pass out a tiny bag of M&Ms, gold of course, with little MM on one side and big $$ on the other... ...

New Hires From Precyse - Wanna Tell How Is It Going?
Jul 16, 2013

I know they have been hiring lately.  Can you share your experience with them so far? ...