A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New Hires from Precyse - wanna tell how is it going? - CNN

Posted: Jul 16, 2013

I know they have been hiring lately.  Can you share your experience with them so far?

And did you not get paid your July 4 time - or overtime if you

[ In Reply To ..]
worked on Imed accounts? That is the first time Precyse ever pulled that trick, not being able to figure out the lines in time for this pay check on Friday, so you will have to wait another pay period for it? About 20 or so people are affected and wonder if any are new.

Precyse - Lissybell

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a newly hired MT for Precyse. While they have a lot to offer as a company, the pay is not commensurate with the knowledge you are expected to acquire. The client specifics are lengthy regarding formatting. I am on only 1 account presently, but sooner or later will be on more than one, and it will be difficult to keep it all straight. They also do a keyboard analysis bi-weekly telling you and them if you are using keyboard short-cuts, how long you pause on a report, etc. So in other words, they are watching what you do. No more getting up to throw a load of laundry in or speaking briefly with a family member unless you log out of their platform. That said, they do not pay me enough. Also even though on their website they list 1st shifts available, I was told they did not have any. I was hired in on 2nd shift with some flexibility as I am on the West Coast, but still 11 to 7:30 is not my idea of an ideal shift. We shall see how it goes I guess. It's rare it seems to find any really good companies that pay well and allow you to have a life as an MT. Hope this helps. I know nothing about the above as far as pay, I should receive a paycheck this Friday. Will keep you posted if I don't.

Precyse - CNNT

[ In Reply To ..]
Lissybell - How are their benefits? Do you get PTO. Also how is insurance? Do you get paid twice a monthly or biweekly? THANK YOU!
Precyse Benefits, etc. - Lissybell
[ In Reply To ..]
Hi, they provide a full benefits package, medical, dental, vision, long and short-term disability, life insurance, etc. Costs vary depending on plan. They have PTO you accrue as a dollar account, and ATO (accrued time off) and you can use your PTO dollars or chose not to get paid if you want to take time off. Paid bi-weekly, direct deposit. I looked at about 20 different companies when looking for work, and felt Precyse was the best one by far, but as I said I am new so my opinion may change. They do provide equipment which was to me a big bonus as I did not want to purchase my own equipment running Windows 7 as I have Windows 8 on all my home computers. All the trainers and QA folks I've dealt with seem really nice. Oh yes, you can earn a 50 dollar bonus each pay period if your lines in a pay period are over 20,000 I believe with VR and straight transcription being a different point value that they tally to get that number. Again, unsure how this works as I'm new. They are paying me 0.52 and 0.83 cpl for voice and straight respectively. Your welcome :}

Hi Lissybell - Ignore those keystroke analysis - things; they do not mean

[ In Reply To ..]
anything in the grand scheme of things. They will tell you it is for you to see how you can improve your production. BULL. The best way to improve your production is lots of macros and sit in the chair and beat keys, and figure out work-arounds using the shift/arrow and control/shift/arrow keys in ASR. No laundry!! Those days are over. This is the same as if you worked in an office and that is why they want to watch everything you do. If you were in an office, you would get griped at for hanging around the water cooler too long and not working, this is the same thing the only way they can do it remotely. HINT - You can go pee without having to sign out if you go when it's a longer job, which would take a little longer to transcribe; no peeing in short jobs unless it is a lousy dictator that takes a long time to get no matter what the job length. Just do not stretch the time in a job to more than 3 or 4 minutes actual hitting keys per 1 minute of audio. If a job is 2 minutes long, get back to the machine within 6 or 8 minutes and you will get away with it albeit your line counts will be lower and it could impact whether you meet line requirements.

What they started you at is pretty standard from what I see other companies offering.

They pull that first shift promise then oh sorry there are no openings after you get hired crap on new hires including people who come with an account. The only way to get first shift is to already be on it and the only ones on that are the old-timers who have been there a while, meaning more than a year. Please email me, there is so much more I could say..... but it looks like you are getting the Precyse reality check. What they say and what they do are not the same thing and what they do not say and you have no clue about until you experience it are not kosher either. Good luck! Email if you feel froggy.
Just my opinion, but - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
If it has gotten to a point that a person can't go to the bathroom without reason, this industry truly HAS become the sweatshop we have all feared.
That's the what Precyse world has come to and - from what I see posted
[ In Reply To ..]
here, Precyse is only the tip of the iceberg. I have no clue if it is this bad for ICs but employees have to account for every minute and if your minutes/hours beating keys do not match up with what is on your timecard, there is hell to pay for the MT.
That is why I left, they treat you like a baby ... - Long Gone Precyser
[ In Reply To ..]
... and monitor you like Big Brother. It doesn't matter if you are a great/high producer with great accuracy, they will hound you if you take five minutes off per hour to stretch. If you do this and want to keep your job you have to work off the clock.
But how can you do that? - Precyse
[ In Reply To ..]
I thought that the system would create some report/warning that you were typing without being clocked in or not on your scheduled hours?
Nothing telling you that you are off the clock - but you will get the
[ In Reply To ..]
"10-minute warning" popup telling you that you have been idle for 10 minutes and have 5 more minutes before you get kicked out of the system. It does not matter whether you might be doing Google searches or whatever, as long as those keys are not pressed that idle time is used against you. But they supposedly take research time, etc., into consideration in their lines/hours requirements. Rotsaruck with that!
Working Off the Clock - Long Gone Precyser
[ In Reply To ..]
You just work on your day off, or after you clock out; you don't clock in or out for that period of time. They don't really care about that - hey say they do (because of the laws) but there is really no other way, and they will never say anything about it. They just look at their numbers of keyboard time vs. clocked-in time. So you have to work off the clock.

How many lines per week or pay period - do they require? NM

[ In Reply To ..]
no message

So they are not such a great company to work for - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
after all, are they? I remember you as the one (and only one) who was touting their good qualities...see where it got ya?
Excuse me? They do have good qualities - and bad, take your
[ In Reply To ..]
pick! Like anything else. Their platform is good, the benefits are good enough, you get a shift differential and weekend differential, QA is inconsistent but not mean or nasty. If you expect to become rich or your expectations are too high, dream on, it's not gonna happen.
I said they were good too... - but I came from M*Modal!
[ In Reply To ..]
...where they had the same ability to monitor keyboard idle time BUT did not pay time & a half for OT or treat me like a human being.
Precyse - lissybell
[ In Reply To ..]
I never stated they were not a good company, I still feel the same as when I was hired on, that of the companies out there, they seem to be a better one. Of course, opinions can change once you start working, but would rather be at Precyse than M*Modal or Nuance. All of this is an adjustment for me after having worked for a major health insurer in my area for 9.52 cpl across the board (VR or straight), in a union position. Yes, I know those days are gone in the world of MTs, thus, thinking about coding as an option. We should try to convey accurate information about the companies out there, based on our experience working with them.
Anytimg has got to be better than Nuance - CNN
[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot imaging anything being as bad as Nuance has become!
It does sound like they are - the worst of the worst now.
[ In Reply To ..]
but it sounds like MM might have something up their sleeve according to posts re: Shaw.

What an accolade, huh?

Similar Messages:

I Wanna Know
Mar 21, 2010

If TAA is so wonderful, how come no one is speaking up about its benefits?  I see many going back to school, are these people the ones who benefited from the program?  Are others still walking into walls?  Your experience? ...

Just Wanna Cry
Oct 07, 2010

Been typing my heart out all morning on unfamiliar new accounts with no previous reports, no repository, and am 200 lines short of the MINIMUM.  I just want to give up.  I hate this job so much.  ...

Wanna Know Who Thought Up VBC?
Feb 16, 2010

Something smacks of anti-trust here. Excerpt: It’s been a little more than two years since the AHIMA and the Medical Transcription Industry Association (MTIA) recommended the visual black character (VBC) method be used as the standard unit of measure for medical transcription. Based on research from the Joint Task Force on Standards Development, the announcement came in the form of a white paper that made quite a splash. Defining a VBC as a “character that can be seen with the nake ...

Wanna Hurt Them
Mar 04, 2010

It started with forcing us to do ASR, with a 20% reduction in pay, then upped the reduction to 40%. They shove TeamWork down our throats - not for Our benefit, but to make life easier for the CCMs. Every time we get a new, improved "rule" it involves our unpaid time to read their unintelligible emails and try to decipher them.  I don't Want Benchmark, or to be a member of ADHI.  But this latest atrocity gives me "homicidal ideation."  Penalties for blanks!  Puh-l ...

Just Wanna Work
Feb 28, 2011

Been sick all weekend.  Have a sinus infection that hurts when I touch the side of my face and my eye is all scratchy and can't hardly see.  Didn't want to get up this morning, but did, got ready, squirted saline in my eye so I could see fairly well for a while, sat down and NO JOBS AVAILABLE.  Gets so old, but I am sure there is already an E-mail being sent that chastizes us to work our schedules.    ...

But I DON'T WANNA Work For Q!
Sep 21, 2011

So my company has been bought out by the Q, of course with the assumption that all of us will want to jump from the sinking ship --->into the cold ocean??? Technically I am fired from the old job, as that company is done for, but Q sends out an "offer of employment" with no base rate, no schedule, just a mention that things will stay the same - for now. I don't WANT to accept the job with Q!  If I wanted to work for them I would have been.  My question is, will ...

Ya Know What, Doc? If Ya Don't Wanna Dictate It...
May 15, 2015

Don't.  Go home and hand write it.  Quit wasting my time and my life.   ...

Type What I Wanna Say
Jun 04, 2015

I would absolutely love to be able to leave a QA note on every report where the dictator is being a true imbecile.  QA note "dictator smacking candy, unable to clarify."  QA note "dictator calling from cell phone with bratty kids screaming in the background."  QA note "dictator carrying on conversation with several others while dictating, unable to clarify what is or is not supposed to be in report."  QA note "dictator a complete idiot, mumbling the whole time, spelling every ...

Anybody Wanna Hear My Story About VR?
Apr 29, 2010

I am a small MTSO. I had a pretty big hospital account that went to ES VR 2 years ago. The fallout for the hospital has been rather profound. They offered me 16 for straight and 8 for VR. I thought at the time that I could live with that if VR made MTs faster and they could earn virtually the same as for straight typing. Well, that didn't turn out and my MTs ran like scalded dogs! I have since learned through grapevine that they are in real big trouble. The remaining few hospital MTs are ed ...

DocQmanage Has Not Changed Yet, Wanna Bet The New Name Is
Jan 24, 2012

Instead of the funky little Q's everywhere, it will be a pair of M's.  Then for MT week, they will pass out a tiny bag of M&Ms, gold of course, with little MM on one side and big $$ on the other... ...

Precyse Still Has Precyse University For Training
Jun 16, 2015

Can anyone tell  me if Precyse still has Precyse University for training.  I went to work for them a few years ago and quit because I was only doing 1-2 hours a day for a couple weeks going through the University and waiting for things to be approved in order to move on and was not making any money, got fed up and quit.  I would like to reapply but do not want to if they still do Precyse University training. ...

Precyse - Someone You Know Worked For Precyse?
Feb 07, 2015

Have any of you or someone you know worked for Precyse?  Any information appreciated, good or bad.  If you or someone you know has worked for them, how do they compare to MModal?  Is it possible to make enough money with them to live?  Am quickly fading here, I need to find other employment.  Am at the end of my rope in every possible way. ...

Hires New MTs
Jul 02, 2010

In my ongoing search to find a job, I came across this company that I thought I would pass along. It is Northeast Transcription Inc. and their site says they hire new grads (within the past 6 months). You have to be able to stand on your own from the start - there's no mentoring or special support, but it would be worth checking into. Good luck. ...

To All You New Hires
Oct 04, 2012

I wish I could be happy for you; however, the MTs on my account have been out of work for the better part of the week and we were informed recently of the plan for the company to add more MTs to this account. Great, more of us sitting around out of work. Welcome to the company. ...

New Hires At AHD
Feb 13, 2014

Any of you folks started working for them yet?  ...

New Hires
May 04, 2015

I notice in their multiple job postings that Nuance mentions "a steady flow of work" and a "sign on bonus"..... I am just wondering how many of you new hires out there have actually seen this bonus come to fruition....or the steady flow of work??? ...

MQ Recent Hires...
Dec 29, 2010

So did anyone who trained in the last month start working yet?  How's it going?  Any insight to offer those of us still waiting to start?  I'm kinda freaked out at everything I read here and I truly should stop reading it; however, it's like a train wreck I can't seem to look away long enough to give myself perspective.  Add to that that I'm already depressed for other reasons and things are not looking so hot in my neck of the woods on any level.&nbs ...

Does Anyone Know If MQ Hires PT MMEs?
Feb 16, 2011

x  TIA ...

SoftScript Hires IC's?
Aug 12, 2011

Does anyone know if SoftScript hires IC's?  Thanks! ...

Does Anybody Know If Keystrokes Only Hires
Sep 06, 2011

full-time positions or do they have part-time positions as well?  TIA ...

Transtech Hires IC's
Sep 18, 2011

Can anyone tell me if Transtech hires IC'S?  Thanks! ...

Anybody Know If Transcend Hires P.R.N.? Nm
Jan 09, 2012

X ...

So MM Is Offering 7 And 3 To New Hires Now??
Apr 18, 2013

As per the post below, 7 and 3 pennies per line.  Seriously, when will the madness end?! They have got to stop treating us like "typists." Actually, even a typist would make more than that.  You'd be making like 7 bucks an hour!! Oh I am just hopping mad right now. This company is just appalling.  Glad I am planning my escape. ...

Medical Ink New Hires
Mar 31, 2014

I was wondering if any of you have had work yet on the account that starts with K and is in CA.  I have not had any yet and made my hours in the early morning until early afternoon.  Thinking I may have to switch but will give it some time for the dust to settle so to speak since it is a new account.   ...

New Hires At Patient First?
Jun 22, 2014

Anyone recently hired by Patient First?  How long did the whole process take?  It seems like things are moving really slow. ...

Medscribe New Hires.. How Is It Going?
Nov 02, 2014

Anyone willing to tell how they like working there?  Does there seem to be enough work? QA seem fair? any info helpful. thanks. ...

What Is IMedx Like For New Hires?
Dec 18, 2014

Is anyone willing to share their experience with iMedx and what it was like for you starting out? What is their QA like, are they nit-picky & did it take a long time to be released from QA to live work? How is pay? Is it easy to obtain a decent line count? Do they micromanage or leave you be to work? Thanks! PS - I know there are tons of recent threads on them, but none of them address my questions. I am hoping to hear about experiences as a new employee. ...

Twenty New Hires
May 24, 2015

My supervisor tells me today that her supervisor greenlit the hiring of 20 new team members for an account that never materialized.  Genius...  Who is managing this company?  Is there NO COMMON SENSE?  I sure hope those new hires are ready to fight the rest of the team for the smattering of work we get.  I have never in my life worked for a company that makes so many poorly researched decisions when it comes to staffing, not to mention the BS invention of the Deathstar P ...

Oracle New-hires, Have You Started Yet?
Oct 05, 2010

I have received zero info about the new account the new hires are for. Anyone else?  Is lack of communication a problem? ...

Did Any Of The New Hires With Aero Start Yet? Nm
Feb 16, 2011