A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

7.1 seems a step backwards - annoyed MT

Posted: Oct 03, 2012

It is so sad that with the newest upgrade to the newest software we seem to have gone backwards.  What was the point of us doing all the highlighting and correcting, placing all the skip and redundant markers in the past for the program to have either "lost" all of that or maybe it needs retraining.

On top of that, if the "client" doesn't want grammar check enabled, then its not.  EXCUSE ME?  What the heck.  Why can't we have gender mismatch checked and cc triggering a message saying client preference mL, or non capitalized positive allergens triggering a message to say client preference is all cap allergens.

I did learn that if the "client" has requested this by pressing CTRL + F7 before upload we can then "see" the grammar check information.  WHAT?  This is not automatic as per the video training?  We cannot turn this on or off permanently like spell check on the go?

SERIOUSLY who beta tests these programs to see what can go wrong?  Why when we get it are there so many problems.

Ever try using ctrl+shift+A immediately inside a parenthesis to capitalize the first letter of the word within it?  Won't work.  It can't recognize that the parenthesis is not a letter.

Can't double click with the mouse to select a suggestion in spell check.  Can't just hit enter to chose that which is highlighted, forced to use alt short cuts.  Why?  Everthing else has multiple options, is this special, or just dumb programming again.

Wow, how very disappointing.  All the hype and this is the piece of crap we get? 

I agree... only good thing is report look up - not having to leave page

[ In Reply To ..]

what's the deal with the QA Markers - downtime

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't seem to get them to work properly if followed by a period. The auto capitalization on 6 worked much better too.

QA markers - annoyed MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Can you expound on what you mean that you can't get the QA markers to work right when followed by a period? Mine work just fine. What is happening when you place a period after a QA marker?

well, when I put a QA marker... - downtime

[ In Reply To ..]
and then place a period, the cursor is BEFORE the period, so when I hit the space bar, the period moves along with it. The cursor should go behind the period, right?
QA markers shouldn't do that - annoyed MT
[ In Reply To ..]
That is very odd. When I place a QA marker the cursor is immediately down in the QA note box and I have to hit escape to get back to my dictation to then put the period in place and the cursor goes right back to the end of the QA marker. Not sure why that is happening that way for you, you should notify tech support.
yes it goes to the end of the QA marker - downtime
[ In Reply To ..]
that's what I said. It goes between the QA marker and the period, when it needs to go after the period. Seems like such a tiny thing, I know, but, then again, it doesn't seem like it would be hard to fix.
I Get the Same Response, Plus Some Other Gripes . . . - Hanging in There
[ In Reply To ..]
The period moves along just as yours does. :-(

Also, in the previous version of 7, they used to have a QA tab, so if I closed it out to enable more transcription room, I could hit that tab and bring up the QA box. It is not programed for that in 7.1.6. When I complained to the techs, they said the MTs wanted it that way. I don't think so -- why would MTs want to make it harder to get to the QA box?

Another dumb thing as far as I am concerned is they have disabled the right click on the mouse. I used it constantly to highlight and copy the text. I can still use CTRL + C, but it was much faster the other way.

One more thing and then I will get off my soapbox -- they have disabled the typeover feature. Again, I previously used that consistently, especially when transcribing lab values. ASR consistently hears the numbers wrong. Again, they said the powers that be felt that was the correct thing to do --
H-E-L-L-O . . . do the powers that be transcribe???

Thoughts, please.
I have the same gripes - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I was in the beta testing group, and I've been reporting these issues with the QA marker since the beginning. No real response and no fix. I've gotten used to the cursor-in-the-QA-box, but the period issue still gripes me to tears.

I did find that using humor when reporting the issues in Remedy will get their attention (I've received emailed feedback when the techs thought something I said was funny) but unfortunately, it hasn't resulted in answers.
QA box - downtime
[ In Reply To ..]
You can still get it with Ctrl Shift Q

Mine does that same thing! - Put period, cursor is before period.

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just going to write. When I insert a QA Marker and then a period, I have to jump over the period, so to speak, with the cursor, or the period moves right along.

I have a macro for QA markers.... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a macro that I use for QA markers when I have no comment to put in the box. It puts the marker and closes up the box, and takes me back to where I was. I haven't had any problems with periods.

How do you create a macro? - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never made macros in DQS. How does one go about it? Thanks for any information.
Using Instant Text or Shorthand - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
Using IT or Shorthand, enter the commands it takes to execute the function and use an easy keystroke command to make it work.
Where do I obtain IT or Shorthand? - Curious
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for the information, and I am sorry I am such a dunce, but have no idea what IT or Shorthand is, or where I obtain them. I am assuming they are programs? Would love to know more about them, because I miss not being able to create macros in DQS -- didn't realize there was such a function available until now. Thanks for any help.
Shorthand - annoyed MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Shorthand is a program available through the primary portal for our company and you can download it, however, I was told we need permission, however, my CCM after repeated emails knows nothing about it. Sigh. I should just go in and play dumb. (Its in human resources under learning and development.)
Shorthand - Curious
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks very much for the information. Had not heard of it before.

I lost money on it - first pay period

[ In Reply To ..]
We just started on 7.1, and I just checked my pay. It cost me at least $50 to work on 7.1. How is this fair? Why is there no pay for learning a new platform? I didn't ask to be put on it.

Too many ppl training, too many different styles of training. - It will never work as intended.nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

too many people training? Huh? - annoyed MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Um, what do you mean too many people training? There are training videos, no live person trained me. There is only 1 style of training that I know of, the videos, and well I guess also the manuals.

maybe OP means the speech rec - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Of course I meant the training of VR. OP about VR not improving - with training. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
I don't understany of these shortcuts/acronyms - annoyed and stupid MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm just dense I suspect, with all the acronyms our company has, I do not have any clue what VR and OP means. Maybe those are internet shortcuts that I don't understand. Sorry.
VR = voice recognition; OP = other person - downtime
[ In Reply To ..]
Welcome to the board! You'll catch on.
OP also means original post or original poster. - ASR is another term for VR. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
well my bad, but sort of the same thing, about OP - downtime
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
LOL that's funny thanks! - annoyed MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not new to the board. I guess I just don't see these acronyms elsewhere and I try not to use them in texting as I end up accidentally using them in dictations!!!! LOL

7.1 - redmaj

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. Why not leave well enough alone? I find myself in a report, have a question, so abandon the report- I am told to look at the manual for answers-that takes all friggin day. Maybe I will get used to it, but at this point I dont like it. I think we should have a conference call meeting about our questions.

manual - annoyed MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Well in the manual on line there is a search function, that has helped me at least get closer to finding things, the damn sublist feature took me nearly 15 minutes to find, why they couldn't leave the ctrl+shift+L to allow for sublists is beyond me. Now its freaking annoying.

CTRL + Shift + L still works to create a numbered list. - All the shortcuts are the same. I have

[ In Reply To ..]
Been on 7.1 for about 2 mo. now and all the shortcuts are the same as DQ6. Sounds like a lot of you did not do the training modules.

Really everything is still the same and is self explanatory. I didn't even thoroughly view the training sessions, but had no problems whatsoever logging on and getting adjusted.
ctrl + shift + - (creates SUB lists) - annoyed MT
[ In Reply To ..]
That shortcut does not create a sublist, in other words beyond the first set of numgbers.

1. blah blah
a. blahdy blahdy
ii. stuff
2. Extra blah

Its the sublists, a and ii and beyond that you can't do by cycling the CTRL + Shift + L any longer.

I did do the training and had to go back over it and pulled up the shortcut key PDF doc couldn't find it there (its hidden away from where the information is about how to begin a list) and finally found it in the manual

CTRL + ALT + Minus key is what creates the sublists not CTRL Shift L

Similar Messages:

Step-by-step Medical Coding By Carol Buck?
Nov 01, 2012

Hello. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with the above mentioned book? I was planning on getting the work book as well. I also wanted to know what other books I would need. I was going to get the 2013 addition for all books needed. I don't have the money to take a full course right now, but I would like to "get my feet wet" and see if this is the right field for me. Thanks. ...

Backwards
Aug 06, 2013

Reading with horror what this company is like. Why are the people in India doing QA with US MTs being the transcriptionists.  That sounds completely backwards to me.  Unless . . . they are training the Indians by exposing them to lots of correctly transcribed reports so they can learn American English better?   ...

How To Set An Autocorrect To Move Backwards?
Sep 15, 2011

Do anyone know the code (or whatever it's called) in MS Word 2007 Autocorrect to move something backwards? Specifically, I'm trying to move "-year-old" backwards so that I just type the age and then my autocorrect "yo" and it moves it backwards against the number. I know I've seen this somewhere, but I've googled it and can't find it anywhere. TIA soooooooooooooooooo much! :) ...

Foot Pedal Is Backwards In EditScript
Dec 14, 2012

I purchased an infinity USB2 foot pedal. It works correctly with ExpressScribe, but it is backwards in EditScript ... which is what I use for work. Rewind is the right lever and fastforward is the left. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks. ...

Gonna Wait 2 Wk & Figure It Backwards
Dec 05, 2014

I saw the video, read the information, went to the meeting. Decided it's not worth stressing at this point, what can I do about it? But for the next 2 weeks I'm going to do the best job I can, as usual, and be a little more careful with my webclock punches.  Then I'm going to use the old plan to track my lines as usual, apply any shift differentials as usual, and calculate my total gross pay as usual. Then when the 26th paycheck comes, I'll look at the gross pay and see ...

Career Step - Problems Passing Career Step MT Testing
Mar 05, 2012

Anyone have problems passing Career Step MT testing.   ...

S/l Step:
Mar 29, 2011

I'm doing a radiology report on post total hip replacement problems and the dictator starts out the report with what sounds like "Step:"  then goes into the description of what she sees on the exam...anyone? ...

CEO Step Down
Aug 14, 2014

No one is talking about the stepping down of CEO???  WOW. ...

I've Taken The First Step To Get Out Of MT!
Jan 08, 2015

I officially am registered at a college to get my RHIT. I've done enough going back and forth about it over the years, so it feels good to take that step! ...

That First Step Out.
Apr 01, 2015

So I took the first step to get out of MT and called our local community college to set up an appointment for career counseling. I am thinking of taking some computer courses along with some accounting to broaden my office skills. We have a temp agency here in town who specializes in medical office placement so who knows, maybe I can get started there with temporary jobs. I think it would be fun to be at a front desk and interact with people again. I've even considered buying a Spanish prog ...

Anyone Know About Career Step?
May 12, 2010

wonder if anyone here, or if anyone knows of anyone who utilized Career Step for either their MT program or their coding program ...

Career Step MT And MTE
Sep 13, 2010

Hi, I haven't enrolled yet, but I've pretty much decided on Career Step (mostly because of price!). I was wondering if anyone has any input as to whether it's better to take the MT course or the MTE course. Do you need the extra editing experience? I'm sure any extra is helpful, but is it necessary to have the editing training to get an MT job with an online company? Thanks in advance for any info! ...

Step-down Unit
Nov 12, 2010

Is 'step-down unit' capitalized? ...

Career Step???
Mar 04, 2011

Does anyone know if in-state tuition for career step is $350???  That's what they told me. ...

Step Down Unit???
Aug 22, 2013

Step Down Unit, Stepdown Unit, Step-Down Unit  and  is it even capitalized??? This is confusing.  I searched this, and it is written multiple different ways at hospitals and other sites.  Sometimes written in upper case, other times in lower case.  I found a "step-down therapy" in Stedman's, but nothing about a unit.   Is there a correct choice, or just type what appears to be the best option? Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks so very much. ...

If You Could Fix Nuance What Is The First Step You Would Take
May 14, 2014

Better pay would be the obvious answer but I think Nuance would be a better place if there were not so many levels of management and maybe 1-2 go-to people who do not spew Nuance phoney-baloney corporatese talk and have a true understanding of what the MT faces in order to make a decent living.  I resent all the levels of management who I figure do not work as hard as I do and take away from increased pay for the MT I also believe the MT should get a yearly increase to show appreciation fo ...

Career Step - Knows Good Or Bad
Jan 26, 2010

I am just curious if anyone knows good or bad about Career Step Medical Transcription and Medical Billing/Coding online courses.  I would appreciate any opinoins about this particular online school.  Thank you. ...

Re: Career Step Final
Feb 03, 2010

I was curious to hear if anybody failed the second part of the final? I got a 13% on the second part only because I was having serious trouble hearing the doctor clearly. I took that final last June, and I am wanting to take the final again in May. I am worried that I am going to come across the same problem even after practicing for so many months and getting helpful tips from the Career Step final. I am currently working part-time typing overflow reports and I am doing rather well with that. S ...

Career Step Has Job Openings
Apr 28, 2010

Fancy that! ...

Enrolling In Career Step
May 11, 2010

I am going to enroll in Career step tomorow.  I looked into Andrews, but if I had the 1000 to put down I would not be looking for a new career.  LOL.  Wish me luck! ...

Disappointed In Career Step
May 29, 2010

I'm very disappointed regarding this medical editing course being offered by Career Step.  In my opinion it's a terrible way to take advantage of newbies who are worried about the job market and willing to pay anything to upgrade their skills, when every employer I've ever heard of trains their MTs on VR.  I can't imagine an employer requesting a course in medical editing in addition to the standard MT course.  I myself am a Career Step grad, have been gai ...

Career Step And Unemployment
Jun 09, 2010

Do you know if it is possible to take career step courses for coding and still collect unemployment. I do not qualify for the displaced worker program and they will not let me keep my benifits if I chose to go to a regular community college. I have no idea how the reporting is done, but I would really like to get into coding (currently an MT). I have enough in savings to pay for the course, and I am pretty sure I could get it over with fairly quicly, but I don't want to push myself to work ...

Career Step Or TRS Institute?
Oct 15, 2010

I am trying to decide which school to go with.  I have read good and bad about both Career Step and TRS - does anyone have any additional considerations for me before I make my decision? Thanks! ...

Career Step Or Andrews??? SM
Nov 05, 2010

I am very interested in a coding career.  I have been doing medical transcription for the past 10 years and am tired of chasing after the money.  I need stability.  Coding has always seemed like a very interesting job.  I want to choose a course that is the most detailed so that I have the best chance of passing the certification test(s) and be able to land a job.  Can anyone advise on a great online medical coding course?  Thanks guys!!!! ...

Andrews VS Career Step
Jan 26, 2011

Hi everyone, I have been looking at both Andrews and Career Steps programs for coding. I am leaning more towards Andrews, but I am worried about the amount of writing assignments you have to do. Are these long assignments? What type of stuff do you have to write about for a coding course (without giving away too much info)? Career Step is completely online, and for some reason that just does not seem like the best way to go. I feel that you really do need hands on kind of work, and I don' ...

Purchasing A Used Career Step Course
Jul 25, 2011

I don't know how it will work as far as "enrollment" actually goes, but I'm really looking to do more of a self-taught kind of thing anyway. I know that access to instructors is important, and I have already arranged for that through my local college. Worst case scenario, I'm out $25.. but for that price, I couldn't pass it up!! Thoughts? ...

Career Step Vs SUM Program?
Aug 25, 2011

I'm currently enrolled @ Career Step and stumbled across this forum tonight.  This is the first time I've heard about this SUM program.  Should I be nervous that Career Step doesn't use this program?  I admit, I did not have the money for Andrews or M-tec and thought the AHDI certification was the important thing.  Now I'm not so sure.  Will I be passed over by recruiting agents without this knowledge? Thanks   ...

Andrew's Vs. Career Step
Oct 10, 2011

What is the difference besides price on these two schools? Do companies hire based mostly on what school you graduate from or by how well you test?  Does one school really prepare you better than the other, or are you paying for the name? ...

Career Step Vs Andrews
Jan 16, 2012

Okay, I know Andrews is the best, but has anyone taken Career Step and had any sucess?  It is an approved school on the AHIMA web site, but I don't ever hear anyone say anything about going through them for coding.  If anyone has, I would like to know if you were able to pass the CCS after completing the course?  My parents want to help me pay for school, and I hate for them to think I went and found the most expensive one out there; although, I know it is the best.  I just wondered abo ...

Andrews Vs Career Step Sm
Apr 20, 2013

I am trying to decide between Andrews and Career Step for billing and coding.  The only question I have left is how the learning is done.  It looks like Career Step is study on your own. at your own pace.  I can't find anything one way or the other on the Andrews site - are there interactive online classes or is it study on your own and then test?  Also, Career Step says the tuition includes Complete set of industry codebooks (ICD-9-CM, CPT, HCPCS).  Andrews ju ...