A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

when you get banned here - is it forever?

Posted: Aug 07, 2014

I'm just wondering.  My friend has been banned for almost a year.  She has tried to contact the mods.  No reply.  She has clicked on the link to have the ban lifted. No reply.  She can't even remember what she did, but didn't think it was bad enough to be banned for life.

From what forum? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

what's the difference? Question is did they ban - her e-mail or IP address?

[ In Reply To ..]
banned from one is banned from all. I don't understand why any one specific board would matter.

I have a friend who was banned from one, but not from others. - That is the difference.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
she can't post - at all
[ In Reply To ..]
IDK about IP address. She just says every time she tries to post, it says her email is banned. It says click here to get ban lifted, but that doesn't help.
to 'banned from one' that doesn't happen here. - might want to check with her again.
[ In Reply To ..]
just saying. You are tracked by email address or IP address and if either address is banned, makes no difference where you are posting, it'll reject.
Maybe I misunderstood the website she mentioned. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I thought it was this one, but maybe not.
No I meant this one - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
try a different - email address
[ In Reply To ..]
if whatever she did was bad enough to have her email address banned forever, it means forever. just try a different email address. If that does not work, then it would be the ip address, and she would need a different device to be able to post. hope this helps.
has anyone ever had the ban lifted? - or gotten a reply?
[ In Reply To ..]
Do they ever reply and say how long it is for or anything?
you know though - - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
if it was THAT bad to be banned forever, maybe we should be saying so be it. It's been nice here for a long time.
never said banned forever - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
Just wondering if it is forever, since the ban has not been lifted in such a very long time. She says it was called a "personal attack" although I'm sure there's been worse here before and since.
sorry, took it to imply forever since they don't answer - and it has been a year...
[ In Reply To ..]
worse posts before, worse posts since has no play in this. It's content of post on individual basis. Maybe this is a whole new breed of moderators, we never know.

Agree with other poster - trying to post will tell her straight up if it is her email address that is banned, or her IP address. Both can be changed, and then she needs to tone it down or risk getting banned again.
A different device will still have same IP address if - connecting with same provider...
[ In Reply To ..]
...unless they using "dynamic" IP address assignments. Your IP address comes from your Internet service provider - not the device you use to connect to the Internet.

As an alternative, you can go through a proxy server that doesn't reveal your IP address, or use a Tor-type "onion" network.

Similar Messages:

Just In Case Anyone Missed It, See Here What Show NBC Is Putting Out And Why They Should Be Banned,
Aug 16, 2010

picketed and millions of emails from MTs like ourselves should be sent to them complaining, just as others are doing.  This is an absolute disgrace, comedy or no comedy!!!!  The show is called Outsourced.  If you do not want to click the link below then Google NBC - Outsourced, as I did, and read about the show and also read the hundreds, if not thousands, of people who are writing NBC and complaining!  Such poor taste! http://www.nbc.com/news/2010/05/07/nbc-picks-up-three-n ...