A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Psychiatrists/Psychologists and EHR - Dina

Posted: Oct 16, 2012

Are psychiatrists and psychologists really using EHR or dictating traditionally?  I mean, can you imagine going to see a psychiatrist and telling him your story, and while doing so, you look up and see him engrossed in a point-and-click EHR program?

Can an EHR really work for the mental  health field since there are so many variables?  How in the world can they capture a patient's story in point-and-click canned phrases?

Excellent question - (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder how the point-and-click electronic record is impacting mental health providers? The mental status exam is pretty repetitive. Something like medication management notes would be easily input into an EMR, but some of the mental health notes I transcribe are very long and detailed and typically 30 minutes or longer.

Yes - cloverport

[ In Reply To ..]
I was the transcription supervisor at a mental health facility for 14 years. Four years ago we were all let go due to the psychiatrists and psychologists going with a point-and-click/EMR.

Similar Messages:

Transcription For Psychologists/counselors/social Workers
Feb 16, 2015

Do psychologists, psychotherapists, counselors, social workers use the services of transcriptionists?  ...