A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MAY 1. Another way to participate if it's just too risky. - Personal "May 1sts" through the summer.

Posted: Apr 27, 2012

A strong message sent on one day by a large number of people is good, but it's not the only way to to make ourselves felt. 

We can do quiet little personal protests, and more of them. Days, even hours, can be taken off other days through the entire summer. Production drops, sick pay rises. PROFITS FALL OFF. They'll get the message.

I've just decided to join my sister on a tour of gardens in a city I don't get to very often (date unspecified, of course). After that...hmmm. Summer vacation for the children will offer many opportunities for meaningful, personal action.  

... - nevermind

[ In Reply To ..]
-

FYI - I dont think she was referring to you. - She was referring to those who understand the caus

[ In Reply To ..]
thanks!

If it dont apply - Why reply? - get it?

[ In Reply To ..]
; )

whups...forgot!! lol - okok

[ In Reply To ..]
oo

I say that when my kids start up, too.

Personal May 1 day - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
People already do that, it's called PTO. Trust me, no one is indispensible, your employer will schedule around your absences. Taking play time doesn't send a very strong message.

Playtime, schmaytime! I'm scheduling myself - some much-needed rest!!! NM

[ In Reply To ..]

I wholeheartedly agree with you on that one - you need a nap. - j---o---k---i---n---g

[ In Reply To ..]
0-0

Right on, May 1! I'm doing "personal strikes" - already, in addition to - Gossip Girl

[ In Reply To ..]
The May 1st General Strike.

My current job is no longer anything of consequence. It doesn't matter if I still have it on May 2 or not, because what they pay per line doesn't sustain even a low-income living.

These companies are literally THUMBING THEIR NOSES at American labor laws, and have no shred of moral values left.

I, on the other hand, wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror with any sense of self-worth at all, if I DIDN'T participate on May 1st.

Another way to participate if you cannot call... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
in is to work your hours, email your boss/manager when you are done and make sure they appreciate the fact that you did work but express your support for the people who chose not to.

Similar Messages:

Off-shoring A Potentially Risky Cost Saver For Organizations
Mar 27, 2013

Interesting read.  I found this October 2008 article in which our own company (formerly Medquist) is mentioned.  Here is the link: http://www.online-crc.com/content.cfm?content_id=220556 Just a few excerpts from the article: The problem is worse in other countries where U.S. law doesn’t apply and protection against the risk of medical identity theft is minimal or nonexistent. “We need tougher laws for outsourced companies in other countries.”  “The ris ...

For Those Who Participate In The 401K Plan....
Dec 04, 2009

I got the annual shareholder report that came with a form that looks like they want some kind of vote?  Are we supposed to mail this back or what?  First of all, I didn't know I was a "shareholder" of anything.  Unless it's true that they pay their 401K with MQ stocks?  I knew you could buy them (though I wouldn't on my own)....but I also heard a while back that MQ pays their 401K with stocks.  Anyone know anything about this voting/proxy form and/or if it ...

Town Hall Meeting - Not To Participate
Nov 08, 2012

I guarantee you I won't be one of the "chosen few" to participate with questions in this town hall meeting next week, I cause too much trouble by sending e-mails throughout the year to Vern and Amy, never to any avail.  I just hope whoever they DO pick will ask some tough questions.  Of course, I'm sure MModal will pick and choose what they answer so they don't look like the conniving thieves they really are. ...

How About A Show Of "likes," Here. How Many Of You Would Participate In Legal Action For
Sep 17, 2014

Are there others with whom you have maintained contact that might, even if you are not interested or do not necessarily feel aggrieved? Purely hypothetically speaking... What if?   ...