A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Have a question for everyone. How would you take it if all of a sudden you (sm) - Worried/ConfusedMT

Posted: Aug 17, 2010

felt like your emails were being igorned by your TLs?  I have been with this company for 1-1/2 years, have always felt that communication was great.  However, over the last several weeks I have sent several emails to my TLs on my various accounts and have received no response from them whatsoever.  Yesterday I received an email from one of them asking me to do a certain job, which I did but I had a question about it and STILL have not received an answer.  With another TL I was asked to cover STATs on his account, however, I was already covering STATs on another account.  I sent him an email and told him that I would be there but it would be a while and explained what was happening.  I then received a "general" email from him, addressed to all of the MTs on the account, stating that we are to cover STATs when asked to and that people are being "lazy" about covering them.  By the time I was able to make it to that account there were NO STATs available to do.  I sent an email back to him and asked him if I am covering STATs on another account and he asks me to cover them on his account also, what am I to do?  Needless to say ... no answer. 

How would you take this?  I am a good MT, very flexible, cover MANY, MANY accounts for this company (which I regret doing now) and I feel like I am pulled from one account to the other all day long and the TLs on various accounts get upset with me about that.  I have sent my "main TL," the one who oversees all TLs, an email requesting that my number of accounts that I am covering be cut from about 6-7 to only 2-3 and again, that email goes unanswered.  It is killing my line count having to swap around so much.  Any advice?

TIA

WOW, 34 views and I am the first responding. I would not be - Sissy

[ In Reply To ..]
that concerned about it, they could just be really busy. If they have you on that many accounts then they realize that you are a good MT. You said that communication has always been good except for the last several weeks, email your "main TL" and tell them your concern. IF you do not receive an email back from them, then I would be concerned.

Good luck!

When you send an Email from now on send - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
a cc to your TL's supervisor also. Maybe then you will get some answers.

are phone calls an option? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Can you ask to have the number of accounts you work on narrowed down? Is there a contact over your TL's head you can talk to? I might address the subject lines in e/m's to TLs as 2nd plea, 3rd plea, 4th plea etc until they realize you are still waiting for answers. It's also a way of documentation if it push ever came to shove....

you just have to be more flexible and - try to adapt to what they want. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
In this case, it sounds like you need to have two arm transplants, get another computer, and use your extra arms to do stats on two accounts simultaneously. If you are dedicated enough, you will do this.

This idea is silly, but it sounds like your TL is being silly if he thinks you can be in two places at once. Don't let them freak you out with silence-- if you are doing a good job, that's all you can do, and it actually sounds like you are an excellent employee. My TL only answered my repeated requests after I gave my notice, so maybe you just have to scream louder? It's sad when you have to QUIT to get an answer, but I think they are just swamped, or have so many emails to answer, etc. etc. (That is putting a good face on the situation, but I think that the managers have to juggle so much incoming information that a polite request can go ignored.)

It may be your TLs are worried/confused - Poppy

[ In Reply To ..]
about something. It only takes one bad manager to mess a lot of people up. Copying up a bit as courteously as possible is probably a good idea, though--warning shots to let people know you make an unsatisfactory victim and to go find a quiet one. Just in case. Whatever it is will probably just pass, though.

I was told my work was unsatisfactory by an unfamiliar account manager on a prestigious new account once. I accepted what I assumed was a fall for a higher-up's mistake stoically, but when it happened a second time I informed one of the new account managers regretfully that I just wasn't good enough and would return to my old accounts (and competent manager). Given the chaotic situation, it's possible she honestly believed what she was saying. In any case, the chaos intensified, e-mails were flying, work was backed up, and I felt bad enough that I offered to come in again, but when I was welcomed with a harried "just try not to make mistakes" I was back to observing. A week later a medical center known around the world was gone, leaving behind accusations of sloppy MTs who couldn't learn the system. But I survived with my work reputation safe and intact in the hands of a good manager who knew me--and my good accounts still mine.

I think I was trying to make a point somewhere in there. Anyway, hope whatever this is passes soon.

I think your TL was probably either mad or embarrassed - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
He either didn't get it when you told him you were already doing STATs, or he was having a hissy fit because he thought he was more important than your other account. My experience is that people who get snippy like he did and then don't answer emails back are either still angry or embarrassed at how they acted.

I would forward the "lazy" email of his to your Main TL with a note explaining the situation, and very politely say you didn't mean to upset anyone, but you don't know what the procedure is for these situations.

If the Main TL ignores you, then I would assume there is something going on behind the scenes and just leave it alone.

Similar Messages:

Why All Of A Sudden Is TTS Out Of Work?
Jan 09, 2011

Why all of a sudden is TTS out of work? I know it gets slow during the holiday season but it was not like this last year.  They will not answer if you ask what is going on.  Is anyone else fishing for work all the time on TTS? ...

Is Is Just Me? What's Up With The Spellchecker All Of A Sudden? ....
May 14, 2011

It's red underling CORRECTLY spelled words like "hemodynamic" and "hospitalization" and suggesting they be changed to "haemodynamic" and "hospitalisation"  ???  I do believe that is English way of spelling.  Anyone else having this issue?  Weird.  ...

What Is All This Talk About Using F11 All Of A Sudden?
Sep 19, 2012

I used it ONCE and got an e mail from my CCM to PROVE in Remedy and cc her where it needed to be straight typed.  I was told even if I could, to NEVER EVER use it again.  She meant it. So why do I see several threads and suggestions here about people using F11 a lot or suggesting we use it all the time?  I used it ONCE and got called down.  The ONLY reason I was excused was I put in Remedy the job number and a good reason.  However, I was WARNED STRONGLY to NE ...

Help Please. ASR Headings Are Different All Of The Sudden..-sm
Jul 15, 2013

Not sure if I did something or not, but all of the sudden my ASR headings are not like they have been.  The blue lines are gone and the next heading is directly below the text of the previous.  I  think this was how it was when a new version came out, but I was able to "fix" it to the old way. Is any of this making sense?  Also my Google, RxList and the rest of those sites you can access on the DQS page are off center. ...

All The Sudden I Cant Get Into Benchmark
May 18, 2015

number and Medquist right? ...

Sound Quality All Of The Sudden Changes
Sep 30, 2011

Why would one by one doctors who I have listened to for years suddenly have changes in the quality of their voice files?  They were clear as a bell and now muffled or with static.  What could be causing this?  I'm afraid the company I am working for is planning on sending files overseas but I can't figure out why the sound quality would change.  Does anyone have any ideas? ...

Work Shows Up All Of A Sudden?
Apr 18, 2013

I've been sitting here all day with no work and all of a sudden 600 minutes shows up in one hospital in my BOB.  Where has it been all day?  I already signed off NJA.  ...

Just Got A New TCM And All Of A Sudden Work Galore
Apr 23, 2013

makes me wonder if my old TCM was not routing work as I have had NJA for months now. ...

TT - Does Anyone Else Notice Low Work Volumes All Of A Sudden
Aug 23, 2014

Hope it's just a slow day..... ...

Why The Sudden Push And Slew Of Emails To
Apr 04, 2015

to always be signed into Spark messenger?  TSM never cared before.  Hmmm. I think I know....so that they can contact us to tell us to switch to a new account whenever they want, even several times per day.  This is going to be fun.  Am I actually going to be longing for my 11 dollars per hour when this happens and I go to minimum wage having to send more to QC and scan thru pages of account specs?  Can't wait.   ...

Now Work All Of A Sudden, But Notice Fluency Shows Only 4 Minutes Off When It Was More Like 8
Aug 19, 2014

What's up with that!!!!! ...

How Come No Work In The Morning Until Around 11:00 And Then All Of A Sudden Work
Feb 21, 2013

I think that is very curious. ...