A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

HIPAA/HITECH Training for Business Associates - IC offer

Posted: Jan 12, 2015

I was offered a position with a company who requires a HIPAA certificate, and I was wondering where others have gone online to obtain that and if anyone could suggest any that were under $20.  

Thanks!

I had to do this last year for an IC job - sm - XXX

[ In Reply To ..]
try hipaaexams.com

I had to do this last year for an IC job,and I only paid $20. They just sent me an email telling me to renew, but believe it is good for 2 years, not sure on that, but until someone says I have to do it again, I am not spending the money.

Google "free online HIPAA certification" - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't remember the name of the site where I got mine and would have to dig for the certificate, but that's what I did. I went on-line, watched the PowerPoint presentation, took the exam, passed and printed the certificate and faxed it to the company. Didn't cost me anything and they keep my credits on-line for any additional education I may need to take.

Similar Messages:

HIPAA Business Associate Training
Sep 05, 2014

Is there a website that offers HIPAA training for Business Associates for free? I work as a subcontractor for iMedX, and we're required to show proof of annual training. Last year I took a quick course online for $20 and got a certificate. I'm just wondering if there is a cheaper alternative. iMedX has offered no guidance about where to get our training. Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Done The HIPAA Training?
Jan 03, 2010

Has anyone done the HIPAA training?  How was the test? ...

HIPAA Training
Jan 27, 2015

I get why they do these webinar things, but honestly, the person narrating sounds like she herself is bored. I try to follow it, take notes, but know deep down that when I do the test very little of it will have been absorbed, so am resigned to taking the test any number of times. It's kind of like watching a weather report you are waiting for, yet then when it comes on you realize you have completely blanked and it's over. I have a real problem focusing on webinars. ...

HIPAA Training And Certificate
Sep 10, 2012

Just wondering where to go through to get my HIPAA certificate?  ...

HIPAA Training And Test.
Sep 17, 2012

Could someone please tell me where to find this on mmodal.  In the past, we watched a video and took  the test.  I cannot find this. ...

Are We Paid For That HIPAA Training?
Feb 13, 2015

Are we supposed to be paid for that mandatory HIPAA training module thing? If so, do we get paid for that time only, or do we also get paid for the time we took the test at the end? And what do we clock in under Webclock for it?   I emailed my TSM about this 2 days ago, but big suprise, she never replied.   Thanks! ...

Mandatory HIPAA Training UNPAID
Jun 04, 2010

So I read the below post about the email circulating among some employers (including mine) about this mandatory class and test for HIPAA. This is an excerpt from what I received today in my inbox:  I am getting some questions about the mandatory HIPAA class being unpaid.  Let me clarify why this is the case.  Taking the class is mandatory, but unpaid because it is a legal requirement and can be taken at your own pace, on your own time.  We are actually helping you to protect ...

Assistmed Having Employees/IC Pay For HIPAA Training
Oct 02, 2012

Has anyone ever had to pay for this through the company they work for? ...

HIPAA - Need A Quick Check On HIPAA Rules
Oct 29, 2009

Hi, I need a quick check on HIPAA rules.  With respect to the health care debate, I want to write to my senator, etc., about a situation with a patient I transcribed on.  The only info. I intend to give is that the patient was a:  Russian immigrant, on welfare and receiving Medicaid benefits--when he should not have.  He and his "sponsor(s)" was responsible for his care and living expenses.  Further, I transcribed a note in which the doctor said that this patient wanted to re-sched ...

What You May Not Know About HITECH
Jan 28, 2012

There are new reporting requirements (MU, or meaningful use) within the HITECH Act.    For the first time ever, patients' BMI, smoking history (patients 13 and over), and vaccination history and records will be reported directly to the federal government by their physicians.  (These data were compiled in the past for epidemiologic purposes but not linked to individual patients.)  And these are just the aspects of Stage I of EMR implementation -- Stage II ...

HITECH/HIPPA
Nov 14, 2009

A few days ago the MTSO I work for informed us that it was even more important for us to be sure that the patient information in the demographics be accurate.  They went on to say that if an error was made, the patient would now be informed of this.  While I totally agree that at all times patient information, inculding DOB, MR number and other very important data be perfect every time, I can't help but wonder that if patients will be informed when this information is in error, w ...

HITECH Law Penalty
Nov 15, 2009

Anyone check with their employer to see how they will handle an MT performing a HITECH HIPAA violation after 02/2010?  Could be $100 fine for each occurence, up to $25,000/year.  HITECH HIPAA violation could be an MT putting an incorrect doctor in for a carbon copy.  I know the doctors are so very thorough in their carbon copy requests, so in that case, there should be very few problems...lol. ...

HITECH Testing
Mar 26, 2010

Just found out my employer is requiring all employees to take the HITECH test.  This is from the law that was passed last year.  We were told it would take about 5 hours to complete. Has anyone seen this test or taken it who can share some info (how long, how hard, etc?) Sure wouild appreciate a little info before starting.  Thanks! ...

If MD Refuses To Comply With HITECH, Would You...
Jan 13, 2010

drop the account?  Would you comply with HITECH and let the doctor worry about his own compliance and keep status quo?  I have an acct that is part time and I could pick up more more elsewhere if I dropped him, but who wants to walk away from business in today's environment?  This doctor is not overtly saying he refuses to send his dictation by encrypted email.  He just is saying nothing and not changing anything. What would you do? ...

HITECH - Home Office
Feb 11, 2010

I'm wondering where other people have their home offices/work computers?  My desk is currently in a corner of the living room but it's not in the main living area, so to speak. It's kind of off in this nook area off the living room. My monitors face outside and not into the living room.  I'm wondering if I'm going to have to figure out someplace else to put everything to be in compliance? I do have my computers password locked so no one else can ...

HIPPA/HITECH And Overseas MTs
May 07, 2010

How can any company be compliant with HITECH/HIPPA when they send work overseas. Isn't that a HIPPA violation and should the patient be notified that their personal information, diagnoses, history, SS#, in some cases home address, DOB, etc, is sometimes mentioned in reports and overseas MTs have access to it?  How can any company be compliant, especially with HITECH be compliant with these new laws, regulations, etc, when the patient is not aware their information is accessed overseas ...

I'd Like Opinions On The HITECH Act Fast Approaching Deadline Of 02/17/10...sm
Feb 07, 2010

“The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH Act), enacted in February 2009, …expanded the reach of HIPAA, extending it to business associates effective February 17, 2010, and imposing nationwide notification requirements for breach of unsecured protected health information (PHI).  Business associates will also now be directly obligated to comply with the security rule of HIPAA and implement security policies to safeguard electr ...

Yip And Associates
Jun 20, 2012

Has anyone heard of Yip and Associates out of Orlando? Looking for all good and bad experiences? Is there lots of work? ...

Just Associates
Dec 28, 2012

I live in CO and don't know anything about them.  Does anybody know anything?  Thanks! ...

ZA Associates
Dec 20, 2013

Does anyone know anything about ZS Associates? Where they are located, etc. TIA. ...

ZS Associates
Feb 22, 2014

Has anyone heard of ZS Associates offering medical transcription jobs?  What country they are from?  Are they legit?  thanks ...

Transam Associates?
Dec 22, 2009

Has anyone heard of Transam Associates?  Is this a reliable company to work for? Thanks, Aim ...

Anyone Know Anything About Transam Associates?
Mar 04, 2010

Has anyone heard of Transam Associates?  I am a recent grad from Brighton College and I'm afraid to invest more money in their software program.  Their software they use is MT Professional.  After their training I am promised real work with them once I have achieved accuracy in their training program.  Just wondering if anyone knows about them and if it would be worth it. Thank you in advance for your help. ...

Administrative Associates, LLC
Sep 27, 2012

Anyone ever hear of Administrative Associates out of Michigan? Saw recent online ad, any info would be appreciated. ...

MTDesk Associates
Jun 15, 2013

MTDesk Associates (mtdeskassociates@yahoo.com) is a suspect company. Their e-mail address is phony. I applied to their posted ad on 6/14/13 and it came back mail returned because the company does not have an account with Yahoo.com.They also did not post their location, just "U.S.A." ...

Anyone Hear Of Transam Associates?
Oct 31, 2009

A friend was sent an email by them (she had a resume posted on a job site). ...

Transam Associates - Any Info?
Jan 06, 2010

Does anyone know about the above company and their software pgrm? Thank you in advance. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Transam Associates?
Feb 18, 2010

Has anyone heard of Transam Associates? Good? Bad?? I have 3 years of cardiology office transcription experience, but no formal training, so i have been having a hard time getting off of QA at other places. Thanks in advance ...

Does Anyone Have Any Info On Transam Associates?
Mar 04, 2010

Has anyone heard of Transam Associates?  I am a recent grad from Brighton College and I am afraid to invest more money into Transam's software program.  The software they use is MT Professional.  Just wondering if after going through their training program would it be worth it.  They promise work through them after the training results in accurate work.  Thank you in advance for your help. ...

Professional Dictation Associates?
Apr 07, 2010

Hello, Does anyone have any updated info on this company?  I couldn't find much in the archives, aside from one post by someone else looking for info.  Anything will be appreciated.    Tx!  :) ...