A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Professional Dictation Associates? - gl

Posted: Apr 07, 2010

Hello, Does anyone have any updated info on this company?  I couldn't find much in the archives, aside from one post by someone else looking for info.  Anything will be appreciated.    Tx!  :)

info - guru

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a telephone interview with them recently. They pay by the page at 2.75 a page with a 1.00 bonus if you pass QA. All blanks that you can't get, but the QA person can get, are errors and will cost you the 1.00 bonus. If you pass QA on everything, you get 3.75 a page. They count a page as 51 lines per page, at 65 keystrokes per line. That averages to about 7 cpl IF you pass QA and 5 cpl a line if you don't. They use Winscribe to play the voice files, and you type in Word, and a VPN connection to transfer files. If it had not been for the low pay, I would have given it a shot, but I cannot live on that amount of money. Hope this helps.

Same thing I was told........ low pay - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

More Info - guru

[ In Reply To ..]
I humbly apologize. The company I was referring to was Professional Transcription Services, not Professional Dictation Associates. I do not know anything about that company. I am sorry. I saw the word Professional and just assumed it was the same. Good luck on your search.

No problem... - gl

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for letting me know!:)

Oh gee! Same here.....half asleep....so sorry! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Professional Dictation Associates
Aug 19, 2012

This is some of the worst audio I have EVER heard in my 30+ years in this business.  I have sent emails and IM's but "apparently, the problem is on my end, becuase everything is as clear as a bell."   NOT!  Short, clippy, clinic notes, and QA pickier than all get out.  I notated a tempate where I thought there was an incorrect spelling and was called on the carpet was that -- actually QA was wrong.  With the amount of lines they expect as an IC per day, it is ridiculous and of course, ...

Information On Professional Dictation Associates?
Aug 28, 2014

Just wondering if anyone has any current information on this company? Pay rate, flexibility, good to work for?? Thanks! ...

Transam Associates/MT Professional Software
Mar 30, 2010

Has anyone worked for Transam associates out of Florida.  They claim they train and have work available consistently but you have to buy the MT Professional software.  I have been transcribing for three years and am an IC for another firm but was looking into hiring on with this company.  Anyone have any news?  I was a bit suspicious.  ...

Yip And Associates
Jun 20, 2012

Has anyone heard of Yip and Associates out of Orlando? Looking for all good and bad experiences? Is there lots of work? ...

Just Associates
Dec 28, 2012

I live in CO and don't know anything about them.  Does anybody know anything?  Thanks! ...

ZA Associates
Dec 20, 2013

Does anyone know anything about ZS Associates? Where they are located, etc. TIA. ...

ZS Associates
Feb 22, 2014

Has anyone heard of ZS Associates offering medical transcription jobs?  What country they are from?  Are they legit?  thanks ...

Transam Associates?
Dec 22, 2009

Has anyone heard of Transam Associates?  Is this a reliable company to work for? Thanks, Aim ...

Anyone Know Anything About Transam Associates?
Mar 04, 2010

Has anyone heard of Transam Associates?  I am a recent grad from Brighton College and I'm afraid to invest more money in their software program.  Their software they use is MT Professional.  After their training I am promised real work with them once I have achieved accuracy in their training program.  Just wondering if anyone knows about them and if it would be worth it. Thank you in advance for your help. ...

Administrative Associates, LLC
Sep 27, 2012

Anyone ever hear of Administrative Associates out of Michigan? Saw recent online ad, any info would be appreciated. ...

MTDesk Associates
Jun 15, 2013

MTDesk Associates (mtdeskassociates@yahoo.com) is a suspect company. Their e-mail address is phony. I applied to their posted ad on 6/14/13 and it came back mail returned because the company does not have an account with Yahoo.com.They also did not post their location, just "U.S.A." ...

How Professional Doc
Jun 11, 2013

I can still her you and really is unprofessional. ...

Anyone Hear Of Transam Associates?
Oct 31, 2009

A friend was sent an email by them (she had a resume posted on a job site). ...

Transam Associates - Any Info?
Jan 06, 2010

Does anyone know about the above company and their software pgrm? Thank you in advance. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Transam Associates?
Feb 18, 2010

Has anyone heard of Transam Associates? Good? Bad?? I have 3 years of cardiology office transcription experience, but no formal training, so i have been having a hard time getting off of QA at other places. Thanks in advance ...

Does Anyone Have Any Info On Transam Associates?
Mar 04, 2010

Has anyone heard of Transam Associates?  I am a recent grad from Brighton College and I am afraid to invest more money into Transam's software program.  The software they use is MT Professional.  Just wondering if after going through their training program would it be worth it.  They promise work through them after the training results in accurate work.  Thank you in advance for your help. ...

Perry Johnson Associates
Jan 31, 2011

Has anyone heard of this company?  Any info would be appreciated.  TIA. ...

TransAm Associates, Valrico, FL
Aug 23, 2013

Does anybody know anything about TransAm Associates in Valrico, FL.  I've heard many different things, good and bad, but have found out after working for them that they simply do not have enough work to go around.  Sometimes I will have a lot of work and actually make a good buck, but then the rest of the month (yep paid once a month) - is so bleak and in "feast or famine" mode, may only see two to four jobs per day, thus negating all the earnings I made earlier in the month!  ...

Professional Transcrptions Of NW FL
Mar 29, 2010

Compensation is .05 cents for every 43 black characters.  Who would want this job?  Maybe they will get a lot of applicants from India.    Saw this advertised on an MT related job board.  ...

PROFESSIONAL LICENSE
Dec 03, 2010

We should really push for professional licensure for this job like RNs, Rad Techs, RTs, RD, and CNAs.    Hospital and clinics require these people to be licensed… then why not us?  May this will stop shipping work abroad.  ...

Associates Degree Medical Coding
May 07, 2010

Im so confused, I keep reading on different forums on line how hard it can be to break into medical coding. Does having an AA degree help?  Is that a plus?  I see some on line colleges that are accredited offer AA degrees, AABS degrees, etc.....whats the difference? Is it better for a newbie to go straight to AHIMA and take their cluster of courses or take an on line billing class through one of the on-line universities, then go test at AHIMA and AAPC?  ...

Any Info On Perry Johnson & Associates?
Jun 23, 2011

Hello - anyone know anything about this company?  I am considering a position, but not much info found.  Do they have enough work?  What kind of accounts do they have and/or what are they paying?  Do they outsource their work?  Any info would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks! ...

K&R Associates, Heard Rumors, Any Information?
Oct 25, 2011

thinking about applying but heard there is hardly any work and communication is horrible, anyone work there with information?  Thanks in advance. ...

Wage Not Paid By Kathy Yip And Associates
Jul 20, 2013

Kathy Yip has not paid me my last check for wages earned. No contact whatsoever. Refuses to answer calls or email messages. Where do I submit a labor claim in Florida or do you do it in the your home state?  Has anyone filed a claim for IC and received their wages? Reported her to BBB and see what happens there. Any other ideas to obtain your last check? ...

Professional Transcription Services
Mar 31, 2010

Any info on this company?  TIA! ...

Lack Of Professional Etiquette
Mar 22, 2011

Has professional business etiquette really slipped so far?  I can't tell you how many times I have applied to a posting for a job on here or have emailed my supervisor/authority figure at work and never even received an email back acknowledging my email was received. How hard is it to say....Thank you for your concerns. I know that we need to discuss them, and I will get in contact with you shortly to do so.  OR  Thanks for applying to the position or thanks for sending your ...

No So Professional Regarding Shower Gifts
Feb 28, 2012

I just do not think its professional to send out emails regarding gifts for a baby.  If so many people asked why not just send them an email via their own personal email or a phone call.  Why do we all have to know where we can register for gifts.  They are not so employee friendly with us in other ways.  Think about it.  ...

TTS - Friendly, Polite, Yet Professional
Mar 10, 2012

Earlier this week TTS contacted me asking if I was interested in working with them (I had applied back in 2010 and due to various working conditions offered, I had declined the position). However, this offer, I must say, was most attractive. I read the post below; however, after talking with the recruiter I found: a.  She was most knowledgeable and helpful with my questions, friendly, polite, yet professional. b.  Pay offered was close to 10 cpl (straight text) and close to 5 cpl (VR).  ...

Cornerstone Professional Services
Jun 04, 2013

I am greatly disheartened that you still have comments from when an old supervisor was there and that is hurting our company.  We place adds with you all on occasion and would like to know how to reply to some of these nasty comments.  At least give a company a chance to defend themselves from old disgruntled transcribers.  Seems a bit one-sided.  Some of these comments are borderline slanderous. ...

Windows 7 Premium Vs. Professional..please Help....
Aug 16, 2014

The computer I just bought has Windows 7 premium.  Now I'm wondering if most companies want the professional edition?  Ugh, then I'd have to buy that separately.  Can anyone tell me if companies mean premium home version or professional version when they say Windows 7 required?  TIA! ...