A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Forever Comfy is NOT! - MTMT

Posted: Nov 13, 2013

The cushion on my office chair became hard & uncomfortable, so I decided to get one of those Forever Comfy cushions.  Worked great.... for about 2 months.  Now it's all flattened out and lumpy and is really uncomfortable.  I spend all day moving it, adjusting it, trying to get comfortable.

I don't want to buy another office chair, but I'd like a cushion the same size as the Forever Comfy (18 x 13 1/2) that I can stick inside the cover or just replace altogether.  The size is perfect for my smallish desk chair.

Last night, my husband and I were at the store picking out a new bed pillow for him.  While he was punching all the pillows on the shelf, I saw a gel-type pillow that felt really good.  It was very firm with just a little "give" to it.  I think a regular bed pillow would be too big for my chair, as well as most of the wheelchair cushions I looked at online today.

Does anyone out there have a solution, something you're using that works and that will last for awhile?  If I thought I could buy that gel pillow and cut it to fit, I would do that, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Help please!  TIA!

Fitball. - Works for me.

[ In Reply To ..]
It's an inflatable exercise disc, adjustable to whatever is comfy to me. Also, because of its design, I can rock side to side to give the hips a little exercise while working.

What if... - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
...you got a memory pillow (cheaper than a new chair) and cut it to size? I would get at least 1/4 to 1/2-inch.

I'm thinking cutting the gel thing would cut into the gel, unless you only cut where there was no gel around the edges, if there's such a thing.

gel pad - NK

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought about the Forever Comfy but instead found one on Amazon. They had quite a few choices so you might try there. I've had mine for over a year, and it has worked out well for me.

Similar Messages:

Try This,,,Now That Im Kind Of Comfy With ASR
Mar 21, 2012

Now that I am settled in on the ASR, not saying I like it or prefer it..I did turn the music back on...I used to do it all the time when I was on straight typing..If you can find the right music, like I play stuff that I really really know well, so I hear it but I dont hear it, know what I mean...but the rhythm seems to keep me moving well..Granted some of the dictators are impossible and it has to be turned off for them.. ...

Is XELOX A Legit Chemo Regimen For Colorectal Cancer? Not Comfy With Ref. Thanks! Nm
Mar 18, 2014

.. ...

Mt'ing Not Going To Be Here Forever...
Nov 25, 2009

So does anyone have a career to fall back on?  I'm choosing to go back to school for billing and coding, it seems along the same lines as MT'ing, working behind the scenes in the medical field.  Anyone else thought of this particular career or others?  I noticed MQ offers billing and coding employment. ...

Does It Take Anybody Forever To Get A Day Off Approved?
Mar 23, 2010

I asked off for 4 hours on a Friday in April to go see Elton John in another town. Still is not approved.  Hate to tell her, but I have the tickets, asked off in ample time and she can just get over it.  But it is still sitting as a "request" and not "granted" on Schedule Source.  I guess she will finally grant it THAT day when she sees the workload? ...

Seems Like It Takes Forever
Jul 21, 2014

Is it just me or does time seem to take a long time when working as an MT? It seems like I've worked about 7 hours when I've only worked 4 hours and have 4 more hours to go. ...

Jobs Taking Forever To Load?
Feb 11, 2013

x ...

Anybody Know If Nuance Takes Forever To Respond To
Mar 21, 2014

an application?  I submitted one at least 2 weeks ago... and it was no easy process as I couldn't log into the system, yada, yada.  So, that makes me even wonder if they got my app and resume.  But is it normal that they take forever to respond?  Or is it normal if they don't want you, that they just ignore you?  I just would prefer closure.  I know Nuance well, as far as I know its not the dream job, to say the least.  Just wondering what's up w ...

Document Check Is Taking Forever!
May 03, 2015

and this has to do this twice!  Hope it speeds up or there goes my count for the day.  Will try to reboot, see if that helps. ...

The System Is So Slow Today. Takes Forever To Download The Audio.
May 02, 2013

nm ...