A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

EMR charges - travelinMT

Posted: Feb 21, 2010

Has anyone else noticed an EMR charge on their bill from their doctor's office?  My son went to the doctor the other day and when he brought home his receipt it was a nicely printed out list of all charges for his past few visits.  I picked it up to look at it and was amused, to say the least, every visit has a $10 charge for EMR.  So that's how they are paying for the nifty little hand-held computers they are using when they are in the exam room with you???  Made me wonder whether or not they are having to pay a required fee to download their records into the "national database"?  If not they will have those computers paid off in no time at our expense.

Don't get me wrong I am not against the concept of being able to access your medical records in the event of an emergency but it seems no one has mentioned the patient is going to be paying to make it happen.

Ya, paying 10 extra bux probably because - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
it takes each visit a little bit longer so they have to see less patients. I know at my last doc visit I was sitting there twiddling my thumbs waiting for the doc to finish typing. She was typing on her screen more than talking to me. So SOMEONE has to pay for that and it ain't gonna be the doctors/hospitals....it's gonna be the patient...both in TIME and money.

So why don't they save time and just dictate and charge - the patient for that?

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Similar Messages:

Transcription Charges
Nov 04, 2010

I work in an extremely busy ortho office.  i had major problems for about 3 weeks with a new computer.  So, we're trying to get some help for about 2 weeks to get me caught up  We found one girl who charges 15cents a line plus 8 cents for PRN - bringing it to 23 cents a line.  Is this the norm????  thanks! ...

Error Charges?
May 16, 2011

I am in the process of reviewing an IC contract that states, "Contractor will be charged and deducted for errors found by Company at a rate of $0.25 per error." Are "error charges" a standard in the industry for independent contractors. I am brand new to MT, but this is something that I have not heard anything about, at all. ...

Charges We Should Be Making-
Jul 02, 2014

As I am working on V-Wreck so much, I have come to the conclusion that I should add "miracle work- 20 cpl" as most of these words need a miracle to make a report!!! ...

Error Charges? Update
May 17, 2011

Received clarification from the company below. My question is: If it is extremely rare that these charges are ever made, why is it in the contract to begin with? "This section applies specifically to errors that are considered excessive. That would be errors that have been corrected numerous times and still continue to be made by the MT even after several corrections. This also refers to errors which are made and NOT marked for review for our QA staff. This does not apply during the p ...

Question About Transcription Charges
Jul 31, 2011

can anyone give me an idea of how much an seasoned transcriptionist should charge to type IME's  Charging by the hour is kind of hard because you really don't know how much work you are going to get whereas it seems like charging per page would be better.......I could be wrong but I would like some of your opinions.  Thanks. ...

What Nuance Charges For Insurance
Jan 29, 2014

Does anybody know what nuance charges for insurance, parent/child or family?   TIA! ...

Dictaphone Billing Charges
May 05, 2014

Hello, Can anyone give me any updated information on charging a client for dictation? What is the average way to charge a physician? - is it per straight line? - based on a 55 to 65 character per line count, and if so, what is the industry standard? - has anyone every charged per audio minute, and if so, what is the standard charge? - what are some hosted server platforms that any of you have used to route dictation? - and other than Olympus digital dictation, what would you ...

Kudos To Me For Challenging Doctor's Charges
Sep 18, 2013

The other day I came on here to really just rant some about the high cost of an office visit with a physician who saw me for about 10 minutes and charged my insurance company $300.00+. I felt the charges out of line and really gouging. I am not alone in posting about high insurance rates, high medical costs and charges such as the one my insurance incurred and in the same vein as far as I am concerned. That did not keep others from coming on here and thinking I was wrong about what I said and I ...

MTSO Claimin To Have US MT's But Only Charges Clients 6 Cents Per Line
Dec 10, 2009

Has anyone heard of a company called North American Transcription Company.  They claim to have all US MT's but they only charge clients 6 cents per line.  How is this possible? ...

Webmedx - Hidden Charges In Health Spending Account
Dec 29, 2010

Today I get the paperwork from the HSA that we had the option to join for the new insurance.  Included is a bunch of tasks they want us to hurry up and do (which we cannot do since they have not given us insurance cards and their website won't let us register without numbers off the card).  Also included is an "account fee and rate schedule".  They get to charge us $15 to set up the account and $2.95 every month thereafter.  They say this "may" be paid by our employer (y ...

MT Pay Versus What Nuance Charges Per Line For Hospital Reports
Jun 07, 2014

Does anyone know or maybe even make an educated guess...how much a hospital might pay per line to have Nuance do their reports?  We are guessing somewhere .12 to .15 upwards to .20/line.   Of course they are claiming that this will save them all sorts of money and we'd like to know if they are really going to save as much as they think they are.  Oh...and did I mention that Nuance said they wouldn't be sending anything to anyone who didn't speak English ou ...