A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do you have a generator? - Anonymous

Posted: Dec 30, 2013

Do you have a standby generator to keep your computer and router running when the electrical power goes out in your neck of the woods? Do you have any stories to relate about how your MTSO reacted to your not being able to work because of a power failure lasting more than a couple of hours? Along the same line: Do you have a spare computer ready to put into service if your regular work computer suddenly dies?

answers - NK

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't have a generator, but I do have my computers on battery backup with about 60 minutes of battery time. I don't have any experience with an MTSO and an extended power failure.

I have always had a back-up computer. Each time I have upgraded my work computer, I have kept it as a backup and gotten rid of the one that was the backup.

Generator? No way. When the power goes out, - I call it a mini-vacation. -N/M

[ In Reply To ..]
_

We have a generator - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
We have a generator, mainly because we live in FL and are hurricane prone. It came in extremely handy during one bad hurricane.

We have 2 computers in our house, but I have no intention of loading any work software onto the spare. If my computer goes, and it's not a company computer, I buy a refurbished one.

Generators - OldsterMT

[ In Reply To ..]
We use a large generator to power a majority of the house if the power goes out for long periods of time. This is not just for work, but also to save food in the freezer, heat the house if it's winter, and so on.

We also have two power packs for my computer and for the internet router that are good for about an hour.

There is always a used computer available, along with spare parts, but it's not up to current standards to work.

I have never had an MTSO give me any nonsense if the power went out, but I personally need to work, so use what I need to keep working. However, with the price of fuel, the generator is not always cost effective if the power goes out for more than a few hours. We certainly do not run it 24/7.

DON'T WORK FOR AN MTSO BUT WE HAVE A - Briggs & Stratton Standby Generator

[ In Reply To ..]
It powers the whole house if the power goes out. We experienced a power outage one summer for 6 days and my husband said never again. An expensive investment but well worth it. Looks strange when we are the only house for blocks with power.

Could you STOP YELLING - caps is yelling here. - We see your post, no need to YELL. nomsg

[ In Reply To ..]
WanA

Similar Messages:

Diagnostic Report Generator
Dec 20, 2009

Does anyone with the "Big Q" (other than for op reports) who uses the Diagnostic Reports Generator?  There's not much info about it . Is there anyone who has a little time to give the rest of us peons who don't understand it some information about it?  Thank you so much! ...

MT Stars Invoice Generator
Aug 29, 2012

I have Windows 7 and tried downloading an invoice generator I found on this site, but it just created a mess on my computer! Does anyone know what link to use to get this generator? I ised it on an old computer I no longer own and I am having trouble getting the generator correctly downloaded.  Any advice/assistance would be great! Thanks! ...

MTStars FlashCount & Invoice Generator
Aug 12, 2010

Does anyone know where I can find a good clean download of this program?  I have tried going to the mtstars.com website to the download site & after I hit the download button & then tell it to run, it comes back and says "Error in compressed file-bad CRC"--have tried numerous times.  Can't find anywhere else to download it from.  I had to wipe out my hard drive & reinstall everything & I really want to get this program back on there.  Help!! ...

Line Counting Software And Invoice Generator
Oct 11, 2014

Looking for a line counting software program that also generates invoices.  I used to use Abacus SE but it is not compatible with Windows 8 or Word 2013.  What do you use for a Windows 8 computer?  Thanks.  ...