A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Line Counting Software and Invoice Generator - CyberMT

Posted: Oct 11, 2014

Looking for a line counting software program that also generates invoices.  I used to use Abacus SE but it is not compatible with Windows 8 or Word 2013.  What do you use for a Windows 8 computer?  Thanks. 

PractiCount...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and Invoice. Looks like they just came out with a version that works with Windows 8.

I use Gear Count - by Transcription Gear

[ In Reply To ..]

I use Windows 7 and Word 2003.  I know it is compatible with Windows 8 - not sure about Word 2013, but I would guess yes.

You can get it free or pay for an ad-free version, but the ads are so unobtrusive as to practically be not even there.  It is fast, easy, and the end-result invoice looks great.

http://www.transcriptiongear.com/gearcount-software-ad-free.html

I use Windows 7 and Word 2003.  I know it is compatible with Windows 8 - not sure about Word 2013, but I would guess yes.

You can get it free or pay for an ad-free version, but the ads are so unobtrusive as to practically be not even there.  It is fast, easy, and the end-result invoice looks great.

MPTools now owned by Simple Dictation - typer

[ In Reply To ..]
See link. Free trial.

I use the full version called MPWord. It's an actual platform for small independent MTs or companies.

Similar Messages:

Line Count/invoice Software For IC
Jan 23, 2010

Does anyone know of a good line counting/invoice software to use with Microsoft Word for independent contractors?  Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Line Count Software With Invoice Capability
Nov 23, 2009

Can anyone recommend a line count software with invoice capability? What does anyone think about Michelle Miller’s Line Counter and Invoice Program 2.0? Thnaks for the help guys.   ...

MT Stars Invoice Generator
Aug 29, 2012

I have Windows 7 and tried downloading an invoice generator I found on this site, but it just created a mess on my computer! Does anyone know what link to use to get this generator? I ised it on an old computer I no longer own and I am having trouble getting the generator correctly downloaded.  Any advice/assistance would be great! Thanks! ...

MTStars FlashCount & Invoice Generator
Aug 12, 2010

Does anyone know where I can find a good clean download of this program?  I have tried going to the mtstars.com website to the download site & after I hit the download button & then tell it to run, it comes back and says "Error in compressed file-bad CRC"--have tried numerous times.  Can't find anywhere else to download it from.  I had to wipe out my hard drive & reinstall everything & I really want to get this program back on there.  Help!! ...

Line Counting Software - 65 Characters Per Line
Sep 29, 2010

I need help with a software line counting program.  Excel is acceptable, but I am not sure how to use that aspect.  Any help would be appreciated.  This is for 65 characters per line with no spaces.  Can't that be done in Microsoft Word as well? ...

Line Counting Software To Be Used With DocQscribe
Oct 22, 2009

Have any of you ever used software that counts lines produced?  If so, can it be used with DocQScribe?  And would it be able to count ASR? If you have any software names, can you provide them? I'm interested in verifying my line counts.  I don't even know if this would be worthwhile, but I'm curious. Thanks. ...

Free Line Counting Software...
Aug 29, 2011

I am looking for software that is a free download to create an invoice from a completed document…like MP Count, which is no longer free.  Does anyone know where I can find one?  I have searched Google, but have come up with only trial downloads that cost after so many days or uses. Thank you in advance :) ...

Abacus Line-Counting Software
Aug 12, 2012

I've used Abacus Line-Counting software for at least ten or 12 years.  I had to upgrade to a new computer, and I can't find the site to upgrade.  Does anyone know if the company has gone out of business or how to contact them?  If so, is there another line-counting software as good as Abacus?  (I'm now using Windows 7 and Word 2010.)  Thanks for any help you can offer. ...

Word/line Counting Software?
Jun 04, 2013

I've been using Sylcount for years, but had a computer crash and am unable to get it to work on my new windows 8 computer.  Does anyone have suggestions for other good (easy to use?) software for calculating word and line counts?  Thanks! ...

Sylcount Line Counting Software
Mar 23, 2015

Sylcount is out of business evidently and when I use my line counter, it always comes up with the same count.... 1028... So, what is one to do who paid for a software program within the last 4 years but can only access that software from their server, which is no longer in existence!  ...

Line Counting Software That Works With Powerscribe
Aug 17, 2011

Does anyone know of one that accurately counts lines in Powerscribe?  Any suggestions from anyone using Powerscribe on how to get a line count? ...

Medical Spell Checker And Line Counting Software
Dec 29, 2010

I am a new MT graduate and am searching for a good medical spell checker software that includes line counting, as well as being reasonably priced.  Any recommendations?  I've checked some websites, but am still unsure. Thank you for your help. LM ...

Good Line Counting/word Counting Program
Nov 12, 2010

I think I may have seen this discussed on here before but I can't seem to find the posts. I am looking for a good line counting/word counting program. TIA for any and all suggestions! ...

Counting Software?
Sep 11, 2012

I have used Abacus SE for years, but it has started messing up and is not counting all reports.  I was going to reinstall the software, but it is apparently no longer available.  Is there a good, simple-to-use line counting software that will include headers (including headers on the second page - I've found Sylcount does not do that)?  Thanks! ...

Counting Software.
Dec 01, 2014

Is there a line-counting software that is very accurate and that will count doctors individually?  I have an account with three doctors.  They require a breakdown of each doctor's amount when I bill.  I currently use FlashCount, which doesn't have this feature, unless I just cannot figure it out. ...

Is There A Counting Software That Will - Sm
Dec 22, 2014

count subfolders separately?  I need to provide a total line count for 3 doctors, but with a breakdown and separate total for each doctor.  The only software I can find does not have this feature.  I have to count each doctor separately and then manually add it up and create the invoice.  ...

Free Word Counting Software
Aug 14, 2011

I recently got a new computer and don't want to re-purchase my word counting app. Anybody no a free solution? IF there's more than one option, do you know which is best? Thanks! Marty ...

Need Word/character Counting Software
Jul 15, 2013

Can anyone recommend a word/character counting software? Have used Sylcount Gold IV for years but it keeps bombing on me and I have upgraded and paid countless times. The help line is of minimal help. Thanks for anyones suggestions. Jean ...

Need Help! Starting Business. Need A Decent Line Count/invoice
Jan 04, 2015

Line count and invoice software that would be compatible with Word 2003.  Ideas?  THANKS!!  Free is always good, but I'll pay a bit if need be. ...

Line Counting In EMR
Nov 09, 2010

Looking for MTs out there that work from home and type directly into patient EMR record. Do you then charge by the line and if so, how do you count your document if you have typed it directly into EMR? ...

Line Counting Wordperfect
May 10, 2010

Mistake of working for friend doing subcontracting.  I am paid 13 cpl but very hard to hear doctor; it's on tape, takes forever to type.  Main issue is that she says I should use Wordperfect's line count, but when I recently compared it to my line counter, Practicount, there is a difference - not huge but enough that it's bothering me.  Question is does anyone know if Wordperfect's line counting is correct and includes spaces?  TIA. ...

Question Regarding Line Counting
Jul 30, 2010

I've been a transcriptionist for 15 years now and just the last year working at home being paid by line.  My new boss thinks I'm screwing them over with my lines and wants to discuss with me next week about how I shouldn't be getting paid for certain documents.  So my question is this.  Some of the doctors when doing a discharge summary for example will have me take the admission h&p and then add the discharge onto the end of it.  I will probably ...

TT Line Counting 2 Different Programs
Oct 18, 2010

Anyone noticing differences in the counts of these 2 programs that TT has?  First the MT monitor WAS giving better counts than Ichart.  Now after months it is reverse.  I get the feeling that it is being reprogrammed so we get shortchanged--as usual.   Years ago working for a small company we had an account that gave you 5 lines for the demographics and the hidden footer was 1 line.  Then the big company came along, TS from Georgia, and THEIR program conde ...

Sylcount Line Counting ??
Oct 25, 2010

I am going to be starting a new job and they use Sylcount to count lines in MS Word. How different is this compared to just using the line counter built in MS Word? Thanks for any info...have never used anything other than MS Word for counting lines in my eight years of transcription! ...

QASAR Line Counting??
May 21, 2011

Does anyone have any knowledge of what this qasar dep line counting means?  the technology part of the email states something to the fact that it replaces the old line counting method.  geez, i cannot keep up with their terminology and then to boot they send it out on friday afternoon when they know there is no chance we could get a hold of a ccm.  I have a funny feeling they are going to subtract whatever errors we have with or without an audit from our paycheck because ...

Line Counting Programs
May 29, 2012

I am having trouble finding a food line counting program. I have downloaded 4 different "trial" versions and they all come out differently. I am currently working with a company who uses Sylcount and I find that they may be underpaying me because of the differences in software programs.  Can anyone help.  I really don't want to have to print and count lines manually even though this is a very small account. ...

Bulk Line Counting
Oct 29, 2013

Does anyone know of a line counting method or software (besides Sylcount) that will let you highlight a bunch of files at once and give you a line count breakdown for each file?  ...

I Found This Old Post On Line Counting...which I Truly Believe
Dec 20, 2011

You are misinformed. DocQScribe is an excellent format to work on BUT it counts in a way that will shock you. AND can change from day to day, minute to minute. The program that is used to control it is called DocQMANAGE. In DocQManage are things you will not believe. You might have access to PART of DocQManage, but not ALL OF IT. They assign a divisor which can mean that you are TOLD that you are paid on a 65 character line, but will not be. There are so many options in there for l ...

Speech Recognition Line Counting
Oct 24, 2013

My job is transitioning to from straight transcription to speech recognition.  This is what is being offered: 0.045 per line A line is defined as 2 edited lines = 1 regular MT typing line of 65 characters So in summary, 1.  My cents per line is going to be cut in half going to SR editing. 2.  The edited lines is also being cut in half because it takes 2 edited lines to equal 1 transcribed line. Does this sound right?  Are all companies counting lines this way?  If ...

Line Counting Program/Sylcount
Jan 27, 2015

I have recently upgraded to a new computer system. I have always used Sylcount Gold for my line counting and invoicing program. Problem is, Sylvan Software company is now out of business so I have now lost that software. I need recommendations on a great line counting program that can count all of the variables and also invoice. Any recommendations are appreciated, or, if anyone has Sylcount for sale.....I would be interested! Thank you! ...