A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Advice pls - no more tapes - sm

Posted: Feb 27, 2012

My small doc's office is not wanting to use tapes any more and wants a call in system where they can just use their phones and I will have them pick up from an FTP site.  Can someone post or email me some reputable, reliable ways I can do this for them?  Thank you very much!

What system do you - currently type on?

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to work per diem at a local hospital when they needed help in my time off, and they used Meditech. I was surprised how well it worked and that was 13 yrs ago or so.

Just Word right now, from tapes - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I never went from Word, but - I vididly remember

[ In Reply To ..]
the days of tapes. I had 1 or 2 docs who would accuse us of "losing" their work. Didn't happen. Also remember those tapes, when they got too old, sucking in voice quality. When I worked on MediTech jobs, each job the doc did is logged in, no questions. They also sounded so much clearer. Unless your clinic/hospital is planning to move your work to an MTSO, it sounds like a win situation for you. Good luck!

Cloud dictation is what I use - reasonable, reliable - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I use the voice files with Express Scribe and type them in Word and send them back. No system to maintain. Simple, affordable. They even set you up with a toll-free number :)

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Still Use Tapes?
Jan 04, 2013

Our very old dictation machines broke for our docs who still dictate on tapes. Any suggestions on replacement machines? They still want to use tapes. We are not able to go digital at this time. Thank you. ...

Doctor Who Uses Tapes
Jan 30, 2012

I have a doctor that still uses tapes and refuses to go digital or call-in.  The problem is there is interference on the tapes and I can barely hear him.  They think it is my transcriber, which it could be, but I don't think it would be worth the investment to buy a new transcriber for tapes when hardly any doctors even use them anymore!  I need some opinions from my fellow MTs on this subject!  I risk losing the entire account of 3 doctors (2 are digital) if I don' ...

Help...Account Wants To Switch From Tapes To ?
Sep 09, 2010

I have always transcribed either from a C-phone, tapes, or worked for a national that had their own dictation platform. My local account wants to switch from tapes to something similar to Emdat and wants my advice. He has very little dictation and just needs something that he can dictate from any phone, where I can access it from home. Obviously, I'm not up to speed on new technology so any friendly advice would be helpful. Thank you! ...

Tapes To Wave Files
Jan 18, 2011

I'm trying to find equipment/info that will convert microcassettes and mini cassettes to voice files.  I found a company called Martel Electronics and they have exactly what I'm looking for but when you click on it to buy the equipment it skips over and goes to like a home page.   I need something that will duplicate the tapes in speed recording time and not minute for minute or it will take me forever to convert.   Any help would be appreciated.  TIA ...

My Clients Want To Switch From Tapes To Digital Sm
Oct 19, 2009

My two docs, whom I have typed for 6 years, are considering going to digital dictation from tapes. I told them I would look into it and need some advice. I can't seem to find how to search the archives on this new board...can some of you offer me some names of transcription platforms that I can check out? I would be most appreciative.... ...

Doc Wary Of Going From Tapes To Wave Files..sm
May 04, 2010

I am moving and want to keep the local doctor I type for by utilizing my WAV pedal and software.  However, when I approached the doctor about this, she was wary of having me be hundreds of miles away and typing for her.  She doesn't mind the format because she had a previous transcriptionist use it, but she was "local."  Does anyone have any suggestions or comments to help me out with this?  Thanks in advance.  Anything would be appreciated. ...

Doctor Going From Tapes To Wave Files--what Software Is Easy To Install, Easy To Use And Inexpensive
Apr 29, 2010

Do I have to buy the dictation equipment or the doctor?  Can I use the software with moer than one client?  We are moving and this is key to keeping my job.  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks so much in advance for all help! ...