A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WMX - New Versions question - sm

Posted: Aug 10, 2010

One of my accounts is going to New Versions.  If I understand it correctly we train when our Main account goes on it.  In the meantime does that mean we won't get any work from that secondary until we are trained on New Versions?  This probably should go to my STM but I bet she is eyeball deep right now.  Thought someone else could help.

Also, input from those who have converted on how they like it, how long it took to get up to speed, etc. would be helpful.  Shoot me an E-mail if you don't want to post it here. 

Not that hard to get used to - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
There are some things I like and dislike on new versions. It was not difficult to learn, and I did have to change most of my shorts for making headings and other formatting since the keystrokes combos do different things. I don't like that there is a lag time loading jobs, seems like all the bells and whistles on new slow it down. I don't do any SR on my account, so I can't really speak to that. I can switch between new and old enterprise (one of my secondary accounts is supposed to be switching soon). The spell checker size is horrendous. I personally look to the document for the flagged word instead of at the spell checker window since I can't see what it is flagging!

I got back to my regular speed after about a week or so, but I was probably about a 130-140 lph producer then (I'm still new and learning). The training and pay-bump time was sufficient to get used to the new keystroke combos and such.

I guess overall I am satisfied, but not doing SR, I don't really see much in the "improvements" that I didn't already do using my expander (IT). The changes weren't that hard to get used to for me.

Good luck, and I'm sure you'll do fine!

NV has some distinct improvements over old - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
that make work smoother and quicker, but like the poster above I already had lots of expander macros that smoothed and quickened it for me. There are still some nice little features to appreciate, but having already been a reasonably high producer with all those macros (and having been here a while), I'm not seeing the jump in production people not using their expanders that much should gain. I still like it better.

Hey, if you don't like the spell checker window, I bet you really love the default font size. I just wish I could keep it that little since it is really nice to have all that text visible.

Forgot to say, it is a tad slow, but my computer - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
apparently isn't as slow as some as it isn't a problem. Now, getting long Shorthand texts to roll out-that's slow.

I also wanted to confirm it is easy to learn. They changed the standard keystroke combos as little as possible so there are some new ones to learn, while the old ones work as usual.

Oh yeah, what is that 10 pt TNR? :) Really wish we could change - that to our own and carry over job to job! NM

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
If you change it with ctrl+9 or ctrl+0...sm - hmmmm
[ In Reply To ..]
...it should carry over to your next report. Once you log out, then it goes back to the default size.

If you use the little up/down arrows in the box in the icon bar, then it does not stick from report to report.

What is the advantage of the way to do NV headers over just typing the - heading and then putting a colon? sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't understand the advantage of all the ALT N extra stuff and extras for the subheadings.

I do love the auto numbering. That's nice.

The alt+N helps me...sm - new version MT

[ In Reply To ..]
...because on native there was slightly different formatting for different accounts in my pool. With alt+N all I have to do is type or expand my header words and I'm good. The document will format according to how the client wants the finished document to look - it's set up on the back end.

I have my expander set to do the alt+N and my header text and the enter keystroke all in one macro. Same goes for the subheaders. At first I thought the header keystroke was kind of odd, but now I like it.

Yeah, the auto numbering is a big improvement too.

Me too...also helpful to have that when going from account to account - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, I have all my most-used headers in IT and can just expand the command and the header.

It does help not to have to remember that this account wants bold, this account was same line after colon, this account wants on line under header, so on. Just Alt+N and go.

I like the numbering too, except I think the way you add paragraphs between the numbering is annoying, especially if you insert them and then have to take it out b/c nice dictator only goes with 1 number in the list! :)

New Versions - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for all the input. Am looking forward to the format assistance.

Love that I actually got positive, helpful posts and no sour grapes.

Similar Messages:

What Versions Of Editscript Are There?
May 10, 2010

Can someone enlighten me on Ediscript(Escription).  What is Editscript 8.0 and the older version.  Can someone give me some general information regarding Editscript and what is the newest version and the oldest version,etc--thanks ...

EMDAT Versions
Mar 25, 2013

I just started work with another company that uses EMDAT. I updated to the version they uses, which I think is higher than the one I currently use. When I sign in under my old company ID everything works. Is there a big problem using a different version? Is it possible to load another EMDAT screen onto my desktop if there is? ...

Running Two Versions Of EditScript
Sep 21, 2011

I am an IC working on EditScript version 9; however, I want to take on another IC job but it works off of EditScript version 8.  Is it possible to have both of these installed on my computer to work off of? ...

Ever Known A Company To Not Accept OEM Microsoft Versions?
Jul 03, 2010

I want to buy an OEM version of Microsoft Office on Ebay, but I'm hesitant because I'm worried it won't be compatible with my company's software. I asked my company, of course, but it will be a wait because it's the weekend. I just wanted to see if any of you have ever come across a company that did not accept the OEM version of Microsoft Word or Office. Thanks! ...

Express Scribe Older Versions
Jul 29, 2013

I've read posts that suggest downloading older versions if the newest version causes trouble with files (which it is).  Yesterday I tested with a really great company that I hope to work for.  There were 4 test files on MTTest that I used Express Scribe 5.57 (newest version, free 14-day trial).  One test made it through, but the other 3 did not.  I did keep getting kicked out of the company's website after test dictation.  Then I'd come back in and go thro ...