A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Job Inquiry - Lady C

Posted: Sep 21, 2010

Has anyone heard of a company named Transamerica or Transam? Is this company reputable?

Transam - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Run. Fast. AKA TransScam.

other poster is absolutely right. - no message

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Job Inquiry - Lady C

[ In Reply To ..]
That was what I figured. I tried to find them on BBB and could not get anything. Thanks for the info!!!

You must have looked it up wrong. They had 33+ - me

[ In Reply To ..]
complaints against them last year, may have more now. They changed their name at least once and moved to a different state at least once. The reason they don't post jobs here is because they have been banned for most sites and Hot Jobs is one of the few places they can post. There was even an article about them in Family Fun magazine a few years ago, about what a scam they were.

If you Google Transam Transcription you will find lots of info (sm) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
on this supposed company, lots of ripoff reports, as well as a lot of other valuable information. As the poster stated above, RUN and RUN FAST!

LadyC - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
Reputable for being a ripoff. RUN!!!

Similar Messages:

MM Resignation Inquiry?
Feb 08, 2012

I wonder if MQ/MM does a follow-up inquiry after a person quits, to find out why.  Does anyone know? ...

Credit Inquiry
Jul 29, 2012

Anyone else had a credit inquiry alert from Nuance?  This happened lately too.  This is sort of disturbing, and I don't remember applying for any other jobs there too.  I've been working there for a while too.  Don't they have to have my permission to do this? ...

Serious Inquiry Question
Nov 15, 2012

I recently started working for MMODAL... but I also have a part-time job elsewhere, and I will not say where, that is not relevant, but on my other part-time job they have different platforms and recently within the past year I think they started 'moving' some accounts to a platform called M-Modal, a couple of my account were moved there and eventually I am supposed to get moved there totally but I am not in any hurry as I like the platform I am currently on.  But my question for ...

Raise Inquiry
Jan 10, 2013

So I'm farily new-ish to MM and MT in general. MM hired me as a complete newbie about 9 months ago, and I accepted the rates they gave me (0.04 VR and 0.05 TR) because I was desparate for a job. Based soley on my memory, the person who offered me the job stated that there would be a consideration for a raise after 90 days. Okay, fine, whatever, I just want a job. Well, 9 months later I am still making the same rate. I haven't brought up the issue because I like to fly under the radar. ...

Inquiry On Training Programs - Which One?!
Jan 16, 2010

Helllo - I am considering a career transition to MT, and presently researching AHDI-approved MT programs. I've heard lots of great things about Andrews School; does anyone know anything about, or have taken, the program through TRSi? This is the other one that I was considering. Thanks for your help! D. ...

Response To Email Inquiry About VA Accounts
Aug 14, 2013

My understanding, according to conversations with several people at the Department of Labor in several states, is that anyone working on a VA contract must have employee status and must be paid the wage determination rate, or prevailing wage, for the state and county in which the client (or VA facility) is located.  It does not matter what the wage determination rate is for the state and county in which you reside.  Therefore, if you work on several different VA accounts, there may be ...

New Editing Platform Rules Inquiry
Oct 08, 2013

Hello, We are preparing to switch to editing and are working on a fair guidelines for the MTs.  What are the industry standards of expections for things such as correcting if a dictator says something like "laboratory studies" and the draft comes through as "laboratory data" - do you correct it or leave it?  What about things like numbers that begin a sentence?  Correct or let it go?  Any advice you can give would be appreciated.  ...

Pay Not Right For The Second Week, Payroll Never Answered My Inquiry
Jun 17, 2015

This is the second week my pay has been incorrect.  They did not pay me the shift differential.  I have already emailed my TSM and payroll, no answer from payroll (email was sent days ago about pwe 6/5).  This is added to the fact that on the Powerscribe platform there is NO WAY for us to track our lines anyway, so we all have to guess whether or not we're being shorted (although they clearly did not add the shift diff as no column exists on either of my time sheets).  T ...

Statutory Employee Vs. Traditional Employee Status Inquiry
Oct 10, 2013

I'm seeing more and more job postings for statutory employee status.  I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate line rate request equivalent would be since I would be responsible for withholding income taxes.  For example if the traditional employee line rate is 8 cpl for transcription what would I need to request for statutory status?  The same or more? ...