Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Aquity.. (Views: 42)

getting dictation - getting dictation

Posted: Oct 10th, 2017 - 1:48 am In Reply to: Getting dictation - mona

Congrats on your new client. It really depends what kind of server they have. If it's an FTP-type server, accessing should be easy and virtually free. If it's some sort of proprietary service, like Lanier or Dictaphone, you may need some sort of device like a C-phone. Your next step would be to find out what kind of server they have and then let us know. Also, you can always call the vendor if there is one. For example, I recently took on a client that used Winscribe. I simply called Winscribe's 800 number, and they walked me through it. I was lucky on that one because it costs me absolutely nothing to use that system because it's all Internet based. All this stuff seems really complicated at first, but then it's easy. Think of the audio file like an e-mail. You have to transfer it from one place to another and then transcribe it. The technology available now allows individual transcriptionists to leverage technology efficiently. Twenty years ago only large companies could do this, and equipment cost tends of thousands of dollars. Now it's free or close to free. There are a few rainbows in the modern day gloom of medical transcription. :) Best of luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)