Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I Left MT at Age 58 - see msg

Posted: Aug 10th, 2017 - 3:28 pm In Reply to: Older MTs, who's taken SS early to get out of MT? - One foot out

I left MT at age 58 and chose to "pound the pavement" so I could have a job (non-MT) until I turned 62. I quit my non-MT job at age 62 and applied for retirement SS. I say take the money and run.

That being said, hubby and I have saved and invested in the 40 years we've been married. If you only have your hubby's pension and both of your SS in 4 years, I would recommend working as much as you are allowed in your state, while collecting SS. I know you don't want to pound any pavement, but even if you can get a part-time job answering phones in an office or retail establisment, it might be worth it if you don't have a solid investment portfolio for the future. SS and pensions aren't really meant to live on, they're supplements. And, as one said, you can't depend on pensions anymore, and SS is tenuous at best.

Either way, please don't torture yourself in MT anymore. It just isn't worth it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)