Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I was just hired by an outside company & start Monday! - Gone Girl

Posted: Apr 13th, 2017 - 10:33 pm In Reply to: Okay for retired people - Yep

I'm super nervous but happy to find something else. The pay is better than I've been currently making as an MT, and the location is less than 6 minutes away by car. I kept watching CraigsList, which is where I found the job (it's clerical and involves records). I must admit that I have mixed emotions because I'm leaving the comfort of my home and a job I've been doing for 15 years, but I'm super relieved to know that as soon as I clock in, I'll now be getting an hourly wage with anticipated raises and benefits, too, and I plan on working really, really hard for my new company as I'm beyond grateful that they selected me. They don't know it, but they rescued me. I'm also tired of the constant struggle with transcription: partial dictations, ESL, shrinking pay scale, low or no work, trying to make up for low work by then working graveyard or on my supposed day off, working holidays, no vacation pay, massive account specifics, a manager who won't reply to legitimate work-related questions, the isolation...

When I look back at the last 15 years, absolutely every company I've worked for with the exception of my current one, has vanished in one way or another and my pay has decreased 2-1/2 cents per line, plus most openings are now for ICs, which means out of the low pay I now receive, I must also come up with taxes. This job is only good for extra income and then I question that because it's intense and brutal with exceedingly high quality requirements that most humans cannot maintain for very long and the IC pay might be lower than what people earn at McDonalds, and that's not an exaggeration.

Sadly, I still see people graduating from courses and trying to break into this field. Sure, there are pockets of success out there, but for the vast majority of us, it sure appears to be a dying industry with no mercy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)