Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Truth be told - OldtimeMT

Posted: Apr 12th, 2017 - 1:16 pm

I have been an MT for over 30 years.  It used to be a great career with the ability to earn $25 to $30 an hour with periodic increases in rate.  We had so much work we were always busy with almost constant OT.   I know it's hard to face reality but this career has become a sweatshop.   MModal has no respect for our intelligence or our skills.   We are just a body in front of a computer screen begging them for work.   Just because we work at home they think we have nothing better to do than sit in front of a PC all day waiting for scraps of work to come through to complete an 8 hour shift.  Their ultimate goal is that most of the transcription will be done in India.  Hundreds and hundreds of new MTs are being trained in training centers in India every year with huge service centers that employee them with no experience whatsoever.  The only accounts that will be left here are the ones that refuse to have their transcription done outside of the USA or the ones where we are getting "partial" dictations.   When your manager tells you that they are getting a new account, don't get too excited.   You will transcribe it for several months until the client is happy with the quality and then it too will be sent to India.  Since ASR has not proven to be very accurate, outsourcing is the way of the future in this industry.   No matter what you hear from our president, these jobs are never coming back to the USA!!!   Everyone else in MModal gets raises and/or bonuses except us!   They don't think we deserve to keep up with the cost of living or receive a merit raise even though we are audited constantly and expected to produce 99.6% quality at all times.   I am almost ready to retire but I have a great deal of sadness in my heart for those of you that aren't.   Amazon is hiring for at home customer service at $10 an hour (which is more than I am making most days).   Docs are hiring "scribes" to transcribe for them personally and in house.  Don't be complacent and wait for MModal US operations to close their doors.   It's going to happen, it's only a matter of when.  With much respect to you...

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)