I took early retirement at 62 - anonie Posted: Jan 9th, 2017 - 10:18 am In Reply to: SS at 62. sm - MT
I didn't get even half of that magic number $1200. I wish people would stop saying it is the norm. It sure isn't for me or most people I'd venture to say.
Anyway, I knew I had some income with SS and I also worked part-time till I had a very bad case of pneumonia and by then they were really slave wages. I worked till I was nearly 70 I think, well past my regular full income age. Unfortunately, I never got back any money for paying taxes. I never got anymore on my SS than I was to expect either. That made me mad since I had worked several years more. I'd say that our Congress needs to work on that definitely.
Post A Reply Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Social Security retirement at 62 - and working part time (Views: 438, 2017-01-09, 12:15 am)
- SS at 62. sm - MT (Views: 315, 2017-01-09, 9:46 am)
- I took early retirement at 62 - anonie
- Response - monthly payout (Views: 315, 2017-01-09, 10:24 am)
- Monthly payout - Young senior citizen (Views: 205, 2017-01-09, 8:22 pm)
- SS - MTME (Views: 243, 2017-01-09, 12:08 pm)