SS at 62. sm - MT Posted: Jan 9th, 2017 - 9:46 am In Reply to: Social Security retirement at 62 - and working part time
I took SS at 65 due to circumstances at my employer cutting hours, benefits, incentive and bonuses. With all of that, I easily stayed under the limit. As someone else answered, what you get when you first start to draw will not go up unless we get a COLA raise. I do, however, get a little more in my first SS in January of each new year because I am continuing to pay taxes. They "catch you up" on that one check and then the rest are the same as always. It is usually around $100 extra that one time. I wanted to draw at 70, which would have meant about $600 to $700 more a month for me, but due to the state of this business, it was just not possible. Good luck to you.
Post A Reply Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- typing a year
- How happy does it make you that....
- As a final act of defiance
- Tweet President Trump!
- Saw this one
- Question about hair. I am older and have rather fine hair but I do
- Anyone notice the MTjobs website on MTDailey
- Question on EditScript 11
- Ladies, we NEED and WANT the best MTSO's
- Lawsuit is proceeding
- He won, tell him to get
- Did anyone get any work from the 2 new accts
- PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Sharing information about good companies
- ashley judd...
- trump, fix the US
- Let me get this straight...
- Flashback: MOVE ON!
- Mad Dog Mattis Celebrates 1st Day on Job By Hitting 31 ISIS Targets
- he Significance of Trump's Meeting with Union Leaders
- Obama and Melania - suggest a title..
- Need Headset with Mic recommendations
- Reaching out...please help, but not be judgemental
- My electronic medical record
- Teamsters Praise TPP Withdrawal; Teamsters: "Incredible" Meeting
- Ah, dear leader proclaims
- Command Health Question
- Integrity HD info to and fro?
- Today I had the "opportunity" to hear Ashley Judd's whole rant (sm)
- I am sure if you do this dictator you know exactly who I
- s/l medial motor brace
- How to BOLD within Meditech
- How to copy and paste within Meditech 4.x
- Imedx ICs, what are requirements as far as lines and set schedule?
- The Sky is Falling
- Trump signed an executive or reinstating a ban....sm
- Hope everybody has their
- Would what they find
- Gonna ask again
- Well, one part of Obama's legacy is done.
- Just curious. What exactly do Operation Managers do at Nuance?
- Let's see
- Billionaire Soros has ties to more than 50 partners
- Would the right be praising if this
- Lies, lies and more lies
- Nancy Pelosi trashes pro-life people: They pray on Sunday
- Lib Women March Against Trump, Leave Trash Heap in Wake
- "I'm Donald Trump, and I Approve This Message"
- Dim Lights Trump Supporter's Hair on Fire