Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 63)

Take this job and.... - Outta there

Posted: Oct 9th, 2015 - 8:11 pm

Shove it, cause I ain't working here no more!!!!! Woo Hoo, Hee Hawww, Woooppie!

Ok, so here's my story. I came from Transcend and got stuck with Nuance when they bought Transcend in 2009. I must admit that I was one of the lucky ones right up until recently. I had a small account at a small hospital with older doctors who didn't want VR and an old platform that was not amenable to sharing with others. I worked with one other lady and we got along well, sharing pretty much equally in the good and bad for years and making good friends (and decent money) in the process.

But as we all know, time marches on and things change. First we got one new young doctor and then just recently another. Then we got the dreaded news - we were moving to escription. Moving to escription means only one thing for those who don't understand. It means VR, and not a gradual thing - one day you wake up and you are doing VR - and to add to the shock of getting your pay cut in half overnight, you have to train the thing so it can put you out of work completely, probably pretty soon too. And that training part is really, really awful.  The reports are sooo bad and need sooo much fixing.

So with our new VR nightmare, we also got transferred to a new team manager (and I use that term loosely). Our manager situation has been a revolving door that has been spinning off its axis for years. It seems we have had a new manager every few months for as long as I can remember. But this one is in a class all by herself. Everything that comes out of her mouth is a total lie and when you point that out, she goes into CYA (cover your ass) mode and tries to wiggle out of it through more bald-faced lies.

Here's a case in point. They left a good chunk off my paycheck when I checked Webclock to approve it this past Wednesday. I told her about it and she said "go ahead and approve it with the understanding that it will be fixed by morning." Obviously, I didn't approve it and the next morning, it was not fixed. I contacted her again and she said "I told you yesterday that it would be added to your next paycheck!"  When I challenged her on that, she referred to her supervisor who finally fixed it but not until they had already approved my timecard for me! Unbelievable. 

I don't think I have clearly stated how much I hate VR, especially untrained VR. If I had to face that every day for the rest of my life I'd jump headfirst off my back deck. 

But folks, I must be living right because all these years I have also been working a part time job. The very week they announced that we were going to escription, the full-time lady on that other job decided to retire and they offered me the job. 25 bucks an hour, full benefits, paid holidays, sick days and PTO, 401K, and still work from home. Today was my last day at Nuance and then I am going to rest for a week and start full-time there.

I guess the moral to this story is don't give up. You never know what is right around the corner, but you have to be proactive. Sometimes the door won't open until you knock on it. Hang in there you guys - I made it out alive and you can too, but be aware that even if you feel safe today you will probably not end up retiring from Nuance. So always be on the lookout for something better. There are still jobs out there but you have to pay attention.  

And by the way, after 6 years with Nuance, always making in the top tier of pay, and never taking sick days or vacation days, not one single person except my friend mentioned above wished me luck or said goodbye. I'd be upset about that if it wasn't for being so happy about never having to deal with those again.

Now - time for a good, stiff drink :-D

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)