A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l no guarding referred - gagirl

Posted: Feb 24, 2010

doc states: no guarding s/l referred, rebound, tenderness.

I have heard rigidity...but not referred.

Could be referred - je suis MT

[ In Reply To ..]
In this context, sounds correct. The pain is (or is not) referred (meaning felt or sensed) in an area other than that being palpated.

Rebouind tenderness IS referred tenderness on examination....nm - Cyndiee

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

not sure that that's correct - je suis MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe referred pain or tenderness is sensed at a site that is not necessarily the "problem" locus, while rebound pain is pain that is sensed on release of pressure from palpation.

No true and not my point.....sm - Cyndiee

[ In Reply To ..]
"referred" means to "travel elsewhere," whether it be back pain, abdominal pain, whatever, so in being "referred," it has origin elsewhwere. But the point I was trying to make is that though not that common (I worked solid Gastro at UMASS medical center in the transplant unit), the use of the word "referral" can be used in an abdominal exam, no tenderness, rebound, guarding, referral, etc. Do you see what I am explaining, working with sinus infection here, oy!
Also, "rebound" also means when hand is removed quickly, like...sm - Cyndiee
[ In Reply To ..]
when a doc palpates fairly deeply for a second or two, and then withdraws that hand quickly....sometimes the palpation or pressing itself is not painful, it is the abdomen or belly bouncing back that causes the pain, doc can tell a lot from this.
I think I see... - je suis MT
[ In Reply To ..]
It sounds like we're maybe saying the same thing.

Hope the sinus infection goes away quickly - they're yucky!

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of A Hemoglobin A1c Referred To..
Mar 29, 2010

as a "long-term" blood sugar ??? ...

Capitalization - The Patient Was Referred To Surgical Service
Feb 01, 2011

When I type a sentence such as: "The patient was referred to Surgical Service", the word "Service" is capitalized since it is a specific service in the hospital.  When the dictator says: "The patient was referred to the Anesthesia Team", would the word "Team" be capitalized also? Thanks for your help! ...