A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

need help with tremors - Chilly

Posted: Apr 19, 2011

Doc says:  "It was noted during this hospitalization that she presented with an anxiety-appearing tremor, even though she does have s/l familialiol tremors." So I'm thinking this guy is just adding an extra syllable on to the word "famialial." But I'm not 100% sure. Does anyone know or have a really good site where I can check out all kinds of tremors? thanks

familial cortical tremor - SassyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
is in my Stedman's neuro book.

familial tremors - yes. there is actually a gene. - just googled it.

[ In Reply To ..]

thanks much - Chilly

[ In Reply To ..]
I hadn't heard about either the gene for familial tremor OR familial cortical tremor. I think in this case he is stumbling over the word "familial" as toward the end of the report it does sound like "familial" a bit more clearly, so I will keep an ear out so that if he adds "cortical" at some point in another report I'll know to check it out.

Similar Messages:

Nocturnally Exacerbated Tremors Or "valythmic" Type Movements...??
Mar 02, 2010

This is an ortho doc and he is saying the pt "is having nocturnally exacerbated tremors or "valythmic" type movements in the upper and lower extremities".  End of word definitely sounds like "lythmic", it's just the first part I can't get.  It's not rhythmic, too many syllables.  Could possibly start with a "b", it's that type of "v" or "b" sound. Thanks very much... :) ...