A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

microdiskectomy - Anni

Posted: Apr 18, 2012

I will preface by saying that I am a student. I have listened to this one 20 times and it still sounds like "He is status post C568 through microdiskectomy fusion and plating." It's the C568 that is confusing me. He later says that the plate is in excellent position at C5-6. Thanks!

message - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
"...status post C568 through microdiskectomy..." does not sound reasonable. What would that mean?

Consider anterior microdiskectomy, fusion, and plating. Watch your commas - diskectomy and fusion are two different things.

Make sure you are hearing microdiskectomy as opposed to cervical diskectomy.

Thank you! - Anni

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe you're correct and it is intended to be '...status post C5-6 anterior microdiskectomy...' I have gotten to a point where I can decipher most of the mumbles but sometimes they still stump me, no matter how many times I slow them down! And thank you for the comma tip.

Similar Messages:

Lumbar Microdiskectomy
Jan 12, 2010

When someone has a microdiskectomy at multiple levels, is it L3-4-5, L3-5, or L3-4 and L4-5 microdiskectomies?  I know I should know this but for the life of me my brain is not working this morning! Thanks! ...

Carstan? Impactor - Microdiskectomy - Anyone Ever Hear Of This? Can't Document
May 21, 2010

nm ...