A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What s/l "Marufa" packing for hemostasis during an A&P repair - Treva

Posted: Jun 24, 2015

Anyone ever hear of what s/l "Marufa" packing for hemostasis during an A&P surgical repair?  Thanks!

There's a Merocel packing - Suefred

[ In Reply To ..]
for anterior packing, epistaxis, etc.

Similar Messages:

Marisol Nasal Packing
Jun 03, 2010

Marisol nasal packing - could not find Marisol anywhere? ...

VIPS Surgical Packing?
Apr 10, 2013

Doing a sinus operation report.  The dictator is saying, "maxillary sinus packed with VIPS packing."  Can't find anything that sounds like VIPs or BIPs online.  Anyone heard of this?  ...

Surgifoam For Hemostasis?
Apr 23, 2010

He dictates: A small amount of Surgifoam was placed for hemostasis.  I can't find it in my dictionary and I googled it and it shows it in all caps and just the s capitalized.  It sounds like this is what he says, but I am not sure if it is all caps or not. Thanks ...

Clip For Hemostasis
Mar 21, 2013

s/l erka ...

Zeg?? Used For Hemostasis In Pocket Of Pacemaker?
Jan 22, 2011

x ...

Osteen For Wound Hemostasis
Jun 17, 2012

Artiss Powder For Hemostasis.
Jul 20, 2013

Anybody heard of Artiss powder for hemostasis in C-section procedure report.   ...

S/l Hypergated Until Sufficient Hemostasis Was Obtained.
Mar 23, 2010

The underlying soft tissue was then s/l hypergated until sufficient hemostasis was obtained. HELP! ...

Hemostasis Agent - New-nate Sheets?
Apr 09, 2010

During an operative procedure, he says to ensure hemostasis, they are placing a few sheets of "New-nate"?  Any ideas?   TIA! ...

Burn - Retained Hemostasis And Was Able To Minimize Blood Loss
Aug 09, 2010

s/l This fashion I retained hemostasis and was able to minimize blood loss after deflation of the tourniquet. my question is would i need a comma after what s/l this fashion? ...

Quarter-inch Or 1/4-inch Plain Packing Gauze..sm
Mar 05, 2014

How would you write this if he is talking what type of packing he used? TIA!! ...

Cardiac Cath/sounds Like Basofil (hemostasis Using Basofil At The Arterial Site)
Jan 18, 2010

I'm doing a cardiac cath and she says s/l Basofil was used to ensure hemostasis at the arterial site. ...

ACL Repair
Mar 31, 2015

doc dictates "the knee was then held in 30 degrees of extension. A "night owl" wire was placed anterior to the graft..." What kind of wire? That doesn't sound right. I'm stumped. Not sure if it was a hiccup in dictation or not. ...

S/l ASC Repair As An Infant.
May 14, 2010

PAST SURGICAL HISTORY: s/l ASC repair as an infant.   any ideas?? ...

Hernia Repair
Jun 01, 2010

Dr. has dictated "go ahead and proceed with (s/l rainy-oh) hernia repair." help? TIA ...

C-phone Repair
Dec 23, 2010

I have an ongoing c-phone problem but don't have the time to be wihtout it to send it to the dealer.  Does anyone know who would best be able to fix it?  A computer repair place vs. TV repair, etc.  Any help is appreciated.   Thanks! ...

Endovascular Repair
Sep 02, 2011

Lander course wire or wonder course wire? ...

OP Note Help - ACL Repair
Dec 08, 2011

We confirmed the button had locked on the lateral femoral cortex and then used the pull sutures to pull the graft into the femoral tunnel.  All of this was confirmed using arthroscopic visualization.  The knee was taken through a full range of motion.  We confirmed "**s/l disometry** as well as the fact that there was no impingement on the femoral condylar roof nor on the PCL. I am not too familiar with op notes, so not sure what this word could be.  I came up with dissymmet ...

Need Help With Hernia Repair
Dec 12, 2011

The preperitoneum was taken down. The hernia was indeed medial to the epigastric vessels. The preperitoneal fat was further reduced. The hernia sac was completely reduced out of that area. A space was then created in the preperitoneum. A 4 x 6 inch Composix mesh was then introduced, secured to the ileopubic tract laterally and then also medially. The peritoneum was then closed over this with additional absorbable tacks. He tolerated this quite well. I'm not finding "preperitoneum" anywhere ...

Sternal Repair
Aug 16, 2012

Doc is doing a CABG. He says . . . An oblique fracture of the left manubrial edge was noted such that a s/l rovocheck wire reinforcement of the left sternal edge was carried out. ...

Hypospadias Repair
Jun 14, 2014

s/l "amegomelius/distal" hypospadias. Help? Can't find anything on my searches. Thanks! ...

Anyone Ever Heard Of TFCC LT Repair
Oct 15, 2009

x ...

Inguinal Hernia Repair, Thanks For Any Help Sm
Nov 17, 2009

With the preperitoneal contents replaced into the preperitoneal space, the preperitoneal space was then developed.  Then using the ___ s/l "calves ear" mesh, Prolene, this was placed into this defect with the balloon blown up and the mesh then affixed to the fascial edges circumferentially with 0 Vicryl suture. ...

S/l Horrible Pincer Repair
May 19, 2010

Sounds like "horrible pincer repair" ? ...

Help With Ureteral Open Repair. Thanks
Jul 13, 2010

Patient actually opted for endoscopic intervention, and risks for complication, including, but not limited to, infection, bleeding, and ureteral injury requiring a s/l medial to delayed open repair, were discussed. It also sounds like there is an "or" sound at the end of medial.  Thanks for any help.  ...

S/l Bladder Angle Repair
Sep 03, 2010

doc is talking about surgical history ...

Colpopexy,paravaginal Repair And ??
Nov 04, 2010

the dictator says the patient had colpopexy, paravaginal repair and ___________ sounds like PARANOFREE  what could this be?? ...

Tib Ant Tendon Rupture Repair
May 17, 2011

I am doing an ortho note for a tib ant tendon rupture repair.  the procedure will be a "tendon reconstruction with a graft.  Use a ___ screw to secure it to the cuneiform."  the word before screw s/l hutchins but I am not able to locate anything like that anywhere.  Can anyone help out with this?  Thank you. ...

Extensor Tendon Repair
Dec 22, 2011

The epicondyle was cleared subperiosteally and then punctured utilizing a 0.45 s/l SEE-SERTER pin. It sounds like C-serter???? TIA! ...

Repair Of Extensor Tendon
Aug 16, 2012

Repair of extensor tendon, dorsum of the proximal interphalangeal joint, with s/l Booten?  repair, left index finger.   Anybody heard of this type of repair.  Sounds like Booten?  Thanks.  ...