A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Name of diuretic - s/l "AV-a-nome"

Posted: Jul 20, 2012

Dr. lists current meds as: carvedilol, warfarin, losartan, a diuretic, _______________ She stumbled over the pronunciation a couple times. S/l "AV-a-nome." Last time pt. was seen by another provider, the list was: carvedilol, warfarin, losartan, two diuretics. Thanks.

Could be aldactone - take another listen nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

nm - re-listened

[ In Reply To ..]
This dr. has dictated "aldactone" many a time in the past. I listened again, and she first said "AV-a-note," then, "Ava-a-nome." Thanks, though.

Similar Messages:

Diuretic From Mexico
Jan 31, 2015

Hi all. Hearing something like Mesix...It is a diuretic given in Juarez comparable with Lasix...cant figure it out what...plz help ...

Drug Sounds Like Ramaphyi, Levsith And A Diuretic
Jun 07, 2010

The patient has a past medical history of coronary artery disease and prostate cancer.  Meds are Lupron and then what sounds like Ramaphyi, Levsith and a diuretic. I can only guess at:  Ramipril but it sounds like phil on the end?  and then what sounds like Blesith or Levsid?  May start with a gl sound?  I have tried everything in my drug book and at Drugs.com.  I am so confused!  Any thoughts?  TIA.  ...