A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

VR Lover I TOOK SOME OF YOUR ADVICE - Ellie

Posted: Jan 25, 2010

I do well on VR also, and after all these years giving my hands a rest is nice.  Also, I make more than the 4 cents per line I have seen on some of these boards.  Anyway, what I wanted to tell you is I usually have my speed turned to a little above average.  I read your postings about turning the speed all the way up and to keep my foot on the pedal.  Well, when I read that I did not think that would work for me, was not sure if I would catch all the mistakes that VR throws at me, but I tried it this weekend and it really worked.  I did have to turn it down now and then when I just could not catch a word, but in general it worked really well for me.  After I got used to it with the good docs when I would have an ESL it worked well also 

So thanks.  If anyone has more tips, what works for them, what does not, I am sure everyone would love to hear from each other,  I thought that is what this board was supposed to be until it got so ugly and hateful.  Hopefully things will turn around because you either like it, hate it, or are indifferent to it.  What difference does it make?  I just read the ones that I might be able to get some good information from or if I think I can help someone and forget the rest. 

Am glad the VR hints worked for you - VR lover

[ In Reply To ..]
I know with the rate we get some think no way can you make any kind of reasonable salary but as you state and I know also it can be done. It takes putting your nose to the grindstone but once there you see it can be accomplished. Takes a lot of reading with the peepers but glad you are saving the hands some. Years ago I had tremendous problems with my fingers hurting. Working long, long hours and so I would splint them. It is a wonder my fingers are still there. You know that sorta young and dumb kind of thing. My day is fast forward with the VR but love it this way.

Similar Messages:

Curious If Anyone Ever Heard From Mountain Lover (sm)
Jan 19, 2010

about the 200 MTs that her company is going to be hiring?  Also curious if there is any connection between this poster and a poster on the MQ board who tells their cpl. ...