A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

microcassette trasncriber - TLMom

Posted: Dec 03, 2010

I am researching microcassette transcriber machines... Does anyone have any input? I'm wondering which ones work well and which ones to stay away from. This will be used for a part-time temporary position, so I don't want anything too expensive.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Transcriber - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
My favorite is the Olympus Pearlcorder. Before I went digital, I was using a Sony, which is the only one you can buy new these days like at Staples or Office Depot. You might be able to find something new online, but I am not sure. I got several Pearlcorders from Ebay. The Sony pedal makes an annoying clicking sound and the Panasonic makes a weird rewinding sound that I did not like. The Pearlcorder is completely quiet.

Don't you have any MT friends that you could borrow one from especially since this job is temporary? Lots of MTs that have gone digital have kept their old machines.

I also found some reasonable prices on Amazon.

The 3 brands I have described will all get the job done, I just prefer the Pearlcorder. You are probably looking at spending at least $60 ($200 new), but I have not checked lately. Maybe the prices have gone down. A friend of mine just got one for $40 on Ebay but I do not know the brand. The downside for the Pearlcorder is that they are a little more expensive.

Good luck!

Thanks! - TLMom

[ In Reply To ..]
Sadly, there aren't many MTs in my area. I appreciate all the thoughts!

Similar Messages:

Microcassette Tape Eraser
Oct 16, 2013

If anyone has a microcassette tape eraser for sale, please contact me.  I am looking to buy one. ...