A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MQ 'puters - D

Posted: Jan 07, 2011

Does the Q want back their 10-year-old computer when you quit?  Anybody know?

Yes - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You need to call your CCM or Support and have a return label sent to you.

Medquist computer return - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
In my case, after I made many calls, a pickup was finally arranged by UPS. Two months later, I received a legal notice from Medquist to return their computer immediately or face legal charges for theft!! Luckily, I had kept the UPS pickup receipt!! So, my point here is that it is a good idea to obtain and keep that pickup receipt or whatever other documentation is necessary to prove that the computer was returned. Btw, it did not seem that they cared that it was an old computer; they still wanted it back.

Yes they do - flying fingers sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Especially if you've been working for them for a long time (before the recent upgrades in DQS software), the MQ computer has proprietary information and patient information on it. Before the most recent DQS software upgrades, the transcriptions were stored on the computer. So, when we're done they want 'em back. My CCM told me that I'll be getting labels in the mail for my equipment. She wasn't sure exactly what equipment they wanted back besides the computer, though.

Yes they want it back. When I quit 3 years ago - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told to send back the tower, however, since they were paying for it, I sent back the monitor and all manuals, etc. It didn't cost me anything and I certainly did not need all their "junk." It did take about 3 weeks for them to send the prepaid label. As above poster said, definitely keep documentation that you sent it back.

Sending Computer Back - Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
When I quit about 2 years ago, they only wanted the tower, no monitor or peripherals, like keyboard, headset, foot pedal.

Better than just keeping a pick-up receipt, track the computer on the UPS site and when MQ signs the received paper, print that part out. That's more important than a receipt. It proves who signed for it, the date, and what time the person signed for it.

Then keep that FOREVER.

MQ 'puters - D

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks all of you!

Similar Messages:

Seriously, Now They Think They Have Access To Our Puters Remotely Any Time??
Nov 05, 2012

have a computer DEDICATED for work ONLY - we do weekly inspections of your computer for trojans/malware/sharing violations Personally, the ONLY time I have major issues was when COMPANIES remoted into and tampered with my settings!!  They are not nearly as capable as they lead you to believe and end up messing things up until nothing works and they tell you YOU DID IT!!  Not to mention, if ANYONE accesses my puter they can find account specs, etc...the reason we have them passcoded..s ...