A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

DSGers: I know we're eligible to - sm

Posted: Feb 17, 2012

sign up for insurance now, but does anyone know if we can also change it during open enrollment in June?

Well... - In the mess with you

[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure what you mean, but if they are offering options, I would imagine you can choose during open enrollment time.

I mean, if I don't get the insurance now, - OP sm

[ In Reply To ..]
will I be able to get it during this upcoming open enrollment in June, or is this our only chance until the following year? I can't afford it right now since we've been so low on work, but I'm hoping I can afford it in June...

Yes, you can in June if not now, as far - as I know

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I would be asking CCM to get accurate info - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

(Former) DSG'ers - What now?

[ In Reply To ..]
I would imagine you should be able to sign up at open enrollment time as with most employers, but I might ask who handles that for M-Modal rather than your mgr. Seems like Accounting used to have insurance answers for me.

While some former DSG'ers might be looking here, I wonder if anyone knows what, if anything, we need to do with the computer we were supplied with from DSG back when we started with them. I declined M-Modal's offer but just got dropped off the email contact list after that and haven't ever gotten any instructions to return any equipment. Does anyone know for sure? I thought I heard the M-Modal person on the conference call say that M-Modal doesn't provide equipment, so maybe they have no use for it now....but I still wonder who could tell me for sure.

My Own Computer - Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
DSG, when I signed up, did not provide equipment.

When I was with MedQuist and resigned, I sent them back the computer and kept all the tracking information, including a printout of the person who picked it up on their end, the date, etc., and I still have that print-out 2-1/2 years later.

To All MQ Equipment Sender-Backers: KEEP THAT TRACKING/PICKUP/SIGNED FOR PRINT-OUT FOREVER. They may hound you for the equipment someday.

Still wondering - Now what?

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks, Old MT. Good suggestion for everyone.

I was sent a CPU and keyboard (when my hospital's whole dept. was transferred to being DSG employees at one point); but, like I mentioned, I still haven't gotten anything telling me what to do with it now that I've declined M-Modal's job. My guess is that maybe they don't want it, either, but I'd like to find out for sure.

I guess I'll re-post this question separately if I don't find anyone here who's in the same boat, since I don't want to highjack this thread about insurance. :-)
suggestion - send them a certified letter asking your question . - (see message)
[ In Reply To ..]
I would include in the letter that if you do not hear from them within 30 days, you will assume that you are under no legal obligation to return the equipment.

This gives you something in writing.

Just a thought ..

Similar Messages:

Any Ex-DSGers Go To That Training Class Yet? (sm)
May 07, 2012

I'm curious as to why it takes almost all day... is it just training on DQS or other stuff, too? And is there is a break for lunch and are there periodic bathroom breaks? I'm dying to know! ...

COBRA - Would Be Eligible
Dec 27, 2013

Does anyone know if one would be eligible for COBRA or Obamacare if they quit say around February or March, way later than the deadline to sign up for the ACA? ...

Why Is It Only Corporate Employees Are Eligible
Jan 08, 2014

. ...

MTs Aren't Eligible For Choice Plus And Can Only Get The HRA Plan?
Oct 08, 2010

Wow, it doesnt' say on the website that MTs aren't eligible for Choice Plus and can only get the HRA plan.  What a huge disappointment to work 90 days and find that out.  I am super bummed...     ...

How Long Before You Are Eligible For M*Modal Insurance
Apr 19, 2012

Could someone please tell me how long before you are eligible for insurance with this company?  Thank you in advance! ...

Medquist Workers Eligible For Federal Assistance
Nov 10, 2009

WEBSITE BELOW http://newsok.com/medquist-workers-eligible-for-fed-assistance/article/3415214 MedQuist workers eligible for fed assistance FROM STAFF REPORTS    Comments 0 Published: November 7, 2009 The Labor Department report concluded that all MedQuist employees, including those working at home, who became "totally or partially separated from employment” after Aug. 26, 2008, are eligible to apply for the assistance. Read more: http://newsok.com/medquist-worke ...

I Only Have Dental And Vision Insurance. Would I Be Eligible For COBRA For Those?
May 05, 2011

I only have dental and vision insurance. Would i be eligible for COBRA for those? ...

In The Mail Today I Got A Letter Stating I Was Eligible For A Pell Grant.
Apr 21, 2010

I had to look up what it was because I had never heard of it.  Turns out they are given to poor folks.   I don't know what made them send it to me but it does have my name on it so I know it is for me.   They must know I work at Transcend.  It is only good for vocational training, cannot be for more than one year and must focus on skills necessary for securing entry level employment.  I don't know what direction to go in from here.  I ...