A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can't always blame ASR - SOSDD

Posted: Mar 06, 2012

this one came straight from the dictator....... 

....  Per Dr. So-and-So, who is the infectious disease on the case. 

ya just gotta chuckle when you are caught between a rock (ASR) and a hard place (doctors), can't possibly win. 

what about when the doc - jh

[ In Reply To ..]
Dictates the completely wrong date and year..yet goes on to a neuro exam and makes mention of the patient's inability to know the correct date??

OMG - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
dictated: Apparently
ASR: Parent Lee

Seriously? This is what it has "learned?"

ASR vs. the doctors - MModal Livestock

[ In Reply To ..]
LOL, there is some fierce competition to see who can make the worst report - man or machine.

I had an ESL doctor whose patient apparently works driving a "lift-fork". That must be a lot of forks...

Then again, ASR once said: "The patient was the driver of a tree that struck another tree." When this happens, do you send the accident report to the police or the woods? Questions abound.

For those who may have guessed that the word ASR was looking for was "truck" since it starts with TR, you'd be wrong. It was car. I'm getting MModal Hooked On Phonics next Christmas.

I will pitch in for that gift - somethings gotta give NM

[ In Reply To ..]
!

ASR vs. doctors - G-Mo

[ In Reply To ..]
These drs have no clue nor do they care ... not their country... maybe if they could speak English and quit swallowing their tonsils because they talk so fast we might have a halfway decent report!!

Similar Messages:

Who Is To Blame?
Jan 29, 2012

Perhaps we can agree that the general state of healthcare documentation is a mess. In fact, it's worse than a mess - it's what my dad would refer to as "a pig's breakfast", and he grew up on a farm so he knew a pig's breakfast when he saw it, whether before or after the pig in question had breakfasted. It's been more than 15 years since HIPAA was passed, and many years before that we had a little thing called HL-7 that was supposed to unify the way information was to be ...

The Blame Game
Oct 03, 2013

Nuance is all about selling their voice wreakognition product.  They will never take the blame for any and all of its failures, instead they will shift it to the MLS.  They decieve their clients leading them to believe that their software delivers quality at 99% to 100% accuracy.    Clients you hear that:  All aboard you ship of fools!     ...

Yeah, Thats Right. Blame It On The Typist! -sm
May 06, 2010

"A computerized selloff possibly caused by a simple typographical error triggered one of the most turbulent days in Wall Street history..." We get blamed for everything else that goes wrong in business... might as well take the blame for the Stock Market, too. ...

I Am No Longer Going To Blame Myself As My MTSO Does
May 16, 2012

for lousy dictators!!  I am just fed up with being blamed for the dictator's inability to speak fluently.  I am just NOT going to blame myself any longer, nor am I going to shoulder the blame from the MTSO.  I am going to tell them talk to the doctors and I do not want to hear it again! ...

Are The Holidays Still To Blame For The Lack Of Work?
Jan 07, 2013

Still running out daily... When will these holidays be over? ...