A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

To those whose companies have started using weighted lines -sm - yochana

Posted: Aug 03, 2010

For those whose company has started to use weighted lines for normals, headers, etc., has this made a big difference in your pay or are you able to do more reports in the same amount of time? 

Not sure what you are meaning by weighted lines. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Those are normally for dictators who are more difficult, i.e., you get more per line for dictations by those doctors than others.

Some companies are using "weighted lines" - yochana

[ In Reply To ..]
This means the headers that are autopopulated and canned normals that are autopopulated are weighted lines are are only paid 1 cpl (depends on company). Sorry I didnt explain myself better.

It all depends - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
My company does this. I usually have what would have been 100-200 a month difference. It doesn't help me with speed because I had already working there when they started it. I would make sure on the normals that they are true normals where the dr. says pull normal for ?? and not company made where the dr usually says the same thing but yet you still have to listen and change words around.

For me, personally, it hasn't been that big of a deal having the weighted lines.

wow, in my 30 years, weighted lines were lines that - paid more on difficult dictators, heavily accents

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
yeah, 35 yr for me and that's what weighted always meant. - no mess.
[ In Reply To ..]
x

My company has started not paying for headers - and some normals. Pay = down. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Ah,ha,ha,ha,ha!! - thethingsisee

[ In Reply To ..]
Lately I seem to glance and see goofy things (more than normal). Anyway, I was quickly scanning the page topics, and when I got to your post, I read it as: My company has started not paying for headaches. Lol! Sure wish they would all start, don't you? I think we would all be rich!!

CLARIFICATION. I am sorry for the mistake, but - yochana

[ In Reply To ..]
I should have said QT (qualified text) lines not weighted lines. Just got mixed up. Brain feels rather scrambled trying to find a new job.

Similar Messages:

Weighted Lines?
Apr 12, 2013

I have worked in-house for a long time but right now have to find a job at home due to a lay off.  I have been offered a job using weighted lines for editing VR.  Am I correct in thinking that what was explained to me is that a line is 65 characters, but a weighted line for editing purposes is every 1.5 lines I edit is a line?  So, essentially, if I type a report then 65 characters is a line, if I edit a report then 97.5 characters is a line? ...

Companies That Do Not Care How Many Lines A Day
Jun 27, 2012

Does anyone know of any companies that still do straight typing and does not require a certain line count per day?  I would love to find a job typing OP Reports and that company does not care how many lines a day or how many hours a week I would work.   I know I am dreaming and may be just may be there are still a few left in this MT World. ...

How Many Lines Do Most Companies Consider Full-time?
Mar 23, 2011

Just curious.....Thanks!! ...

Advice For Those W/ Companies Asking You To Hop On To Make Up Lines
Oct 28, 2011

... Because you've already put in your 40 hours.  It is illegal to change your timesheets so they don't have to pay overtime.  If they can't give you sufficient work and keep hiring people who take your work away from you, find a company that will give you enough work.  Save the emails and send them to the department of labor. ...

Required Lines Per Hour VR From Companies
Mar 25, 2014

I need some information on what companies require for LPH for VR.  The place I work for requires an insane amount.  I more than likely am going to get raked over the coals this week for not meeting my quota (it is over 500 lines an hour).  Any information would be helpful to present to HR.  ...

Minutes Weighted For ESL And Difficult Doctors?
Feb 03, 2010

At my job we get paid extra to type ESL and hard dictators.  Does anyone still work for companies like these?  I am curious as I have not seen it mentioned lately. Thanks. ...

What Is A "weighted Line"? I Saw An Ad On Another Board Advertising Pay Based On S/m
Oct 27, 2009

a 65 character line with spaces and in parentheses they indicated "not weighted."  What would that mean?  What would it mean if it was "weighted"?  Whatever happened to just being paid for what you type????? ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...

How To Get Started
Oct 27, 2009

I have been looking for a MT job since April when I finished my course training with MTatHome out of Texas.  I apply for spots that areposted as open but then get email back saying that they have no openings.  I have been in the Medical profession for 6 years as a CNA and I am getting ready for nursing school in the Fall of 2010.  I am just wanting to know what it will take to get my foot in the door in the MT field and get a job.  If anyone has any suggestion or can help me ...

I Just Started A New Job, And.......
Nov 07, 2009

I just finished my FIRST shift and when I checked my line count I was shocked.  Twice as much as I can do with MQ.  There is something seriously wrong at MQ.  At my new job, my CPL is a little less than MQ but not much. ...

Just Getting Started
Aug 24, 2010

hello-i am considering a change in jobs due to being terminated in may.  i am interested in becomng an MT, but now you guys got me thinking twice about my decision.  I know there are two sides to everyones story.  I'm not looking into making big bucks, at least what i was making at my last job, $25K.  Any suggestions on the best school?  I understand schools are going to say that the MT field is growing, but those of you that have been out there awhile, is it realll ...

How To Get Started As A MT?
Mar 30, 2011

Hello everyone!  I just found this forum.  I currently work part-time as a legal virtual assistant.  My background is in personal injury law and would like to get my feet wet and start medical and legal transcribing.  Would anyone be so kind as to advise how I start.  I already hold a B.A. in political science and do not think I need to go through a AA program.  Bottom line, I am confused and don't know where to begin.  Please help! Thank you!  ...

Looking To Get Started
Jun 06, 2012

I am looking to get started as a transcriptionist. What do I need to know? I have an associates degree (Liberal Arts). I can type pretty fast, and am pretty good at spelling. I am looking for advice on where I should start, or how to start being a transcriptionst. Thank you in advance for your information and advice. Dawn ...

Getting Started
Dec 22, 2014

I am a stay at home mom and I would like to get into MT. I am having a hard time sorting through the abundance of information out there. I have found programs that range from$400 to $5000. Can anyone give me advise about how to properly get schooling and procure a career? Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Helped Someone Else Get Started?
Mar 14, 2010

Hello all!  It has been some time since I have posted here but used to visit quite often.  My daughter-in-law is just about to finish my transcription course materials (she has finished the book work and is working on transcribing the voice files).  She has already started applying to companies, however she is running up against the same issue we have all run up against as newbies "experience required."  I am willing to sign a confidentiality agreement, have her work beside ...

A Saline S/l Well Was Started...
May 12, 2010

doc states "A saline s/l well was started. The pt was given 1 liter of bolus I.V. normal saline... Saline well?? ...

Started My First Job, But It Went Horrible!
Jun 08, 2010

Hey everybody, I just needed to vent a little bit. I started my first day on my first job, and it went absolutely horrible. I was using the Emdat InScribe platform, which seems easy enough, but they have sooo many templates that the doctor should be using and isn't. My first few reports were okay, but then everything went downhill. I'm supposed to use the templates, but half the time, I had to erase 3/4 of them because it wasn't what he was saying. The wrong templates would load, ...

Just Getting Started... Education??
Jun 17, 2011

Hello All! I have recently decided to begin a career in MT, and am trying to weigh my education options. I have a bachelor's degree in Hearing, Speech & Language Sciences, so I'm great with interpreting speech/language and am also pretty good at deciphering English as a second language. I've also worked for a hospital scheduling outpatient testing for the past three years, so I have a bit of a background in medical terminology (still so much to learn!) and the inner workings ...

Wanting To Know How Would I Get Started
Jan 25, 2011

I am looking for a job as a medical transcriptionist.  I like to work through my home.  I am attended college at Kaplan University, so I have not got my degree yet, but I believe I could do the work.  I am wanting to know how would I get started. ...

Started At TT Two Months Ago And
Jun 29, 2011

I never have work!  Second shift is not that busy like I was told it would be.  I am so bummed because I really like(d) the people there.  Now I have to look for work as an IC to make up for having small paychecks at TT.  Please tell me it gets better and this is just the summer slowness as we were told? ...

Training And Getting Started
Sep 08, 2011

I am retired from the accouting/budget field and am interested in obtaining a job working from home in the medical transcription/coding/billing field. How do I get started with training, etc.? Thanks for your assistance! ...

Just Started My Day And Already,,question Please
Mar 14, 2012

The account specs say cc should be mL...However, it says to use the docs template which has cc in there...Go by his template or make it right? ...

Just Started My Shift And Already NJA!!!!
Jun 20, 2012

:( ...