A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Inconsistent QA - Rose

Posted: Jun 18, 2014

This is the first time I've worked for a company with multiple people doing QA.  You would think it would be as simple as following the client specs, using proper spelling, grammar, and accurately transforming a VR mess into an accurate medical record.  No matter what you do, you will be corrected for their differing impressions of what the client specs mean.  When you then change the way you do something to suit a particular QA person, another QA person corrects that!  It takes half an hour a day just to have to read all the company emails, including QA, making note of the 1% of QA that matters (something I actually did wrong).  When this stuff is so nitpicky that the QA department can't even agree on their own corrections.  My lines per hour have been cut in half having to stop and analyze every sentence and figure out whether that optional "is" should be left in or taken out, or that Oxford comma is preferred by the majority of QA personnel.  What percentage of these nitpicks would a doctor even care about?  Zero! 

Inconsistent QA - cr

[ In Reply To ..]
I honestly don't think these QA mark-offs are to help us improve, but rather, perhaps, to keep us tense and on edge as a means of belittling and thus controlling us. It doesn't make sense that they would hire very good transcriptionists, who provide them a good income, then nitpick us to death over minor issues unless it's to make us feel unworthy, and thus gladly accept their 4 cents per line pay, or to make us quit, which must be reaping them some benefit too.

That sounds a lot like another service I worked for - Snow Bunny (the original)

[ In Reply To ..]
Each QA had their own "perception" of things. Even though the supervisor told me, "Just worry about the important stuff" (i.e. meds, values), it irritated me to no end that one QA said "do it this way" and another QA said, "that's wrong, do it this way." Grrr!

In addition to CR's point above - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
Good point about the belittling which does seem to be an MTSO method of operation trying to lower our self worth enough to be grateful for the measily wages. I think another importnat factor is QA trying to justify their positions.

perhaps you should have attached it to CR's post to keep - to keep things easier to follow. Just sayin. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
-
Sorry you had trouble following... - Rose
[ In Reply To ..]
We frequently answer more than one post with one comment.
sorry you don't know how to post. - this is how people take things wrong
[ In Reply To ..]
and get in arguments sometimes. Especially when some get rude and aim it at the wrong post/poster who then gets insulted and so on.
This is typical for her - Been pointed out before
[ In Reply To ..]
It isn't the first time.

Similar Messages:

Vastly Inconsistent QA
Jul 14, 2011

I am on an account with the MTSO I work for that I keep getting very inconsistent QA feedback from.  Some say follow the account specs, some don't seem to know the specs, some say verbatim, some add words and expand abbreviations while other don't.  Often words will be rearranged probably for clarity, but the specs say in numerous places  to type what the dictators say their way.  I feel like I am on a QA merry-go-round that will never stop.   ...

Inconsistent Referral To Patient
Nov 02, 2012

Couldn't find a definitive answer to this question but it comes up a lot:   One of the PA's I transcribe for is not consistent when they refer to the patient.  They use the patient's first name and then last name throughout the report.  I've been following how they dictate, but think it makes it look disrespectful to the patient to use their first name.  What would you suggest?  Also when the dictator says "patient" instead of "the patient" do you gen ...

Inconsistent Nitpicky QA Drives Me To Drink...
May 09, 2014

TSM Getting On Me For My "inconsistent" QA
Jan 22, 2015

every single time.  Either 100% or something like 98. something, nothing in between.  No 99.8, no 99.1..  She said I need to take the Care Boost as this under 99% is unacceptable.  I said well isn't the average of 98.5% and 100% around 99.4 or so percent, which is acceptable?  LOL.  But she didn't think it was funny....Oh well.  So, what happens if you don't consistently get over 99% ?   Do they let you go?  Or do they only let yo ...