A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am blown away.. - cj

Posted: May 18, 2010

If you have read prior posts of mine, you know I work for a big service and am contracted to a really big facility in the midwest.  We have 40-some coders at our facility, most of whom work at home and are scattered throughout the country, and our company actually employs 100s of coders nationwide for other facilities. Today I attended a conference call dept meeting only to find out that we have been sold and guess who to- a large company in India.  They are modeling this after -you guessed it- offshore transcription services.  And they are trying to tell us how this is a good move for us.  And so it starts..... yes, I am scared.  

Sorry to hear - JM

[ In Reply To ..]
That is devastating news. What about all their clients who know their work is not off-shored? Are they saying that there will just be a new owner and you all will stay the same and work for a new owner? What are they saying makes this a good move? Don't they say on their website that all work is done in the U.S.?

Better start looking for a new job. When Acusis (Indian) took over DRC - yochana

[ In Reply To ..]
everything went downhill. I stayed until I couldnt stand the micromanagement any longer though I was making really good money. Of course, right at the end they were cutting our pay by 15% but I had already made up my mind to leave. It would be wise to start looking now. I am really sorry this happened to you.

Similar Messages:

Mind. Blown. (sm)
Aug 08, 2012

I'm trying to use more keyboard commands and less mouse action, right?  So I needed to highlight and delete a line of text, and I tried Ctrl Alt Right Arrow.  Try it.  Go 'head.  For the timid among us, I can report that that particular key combo makes your screen skew sideways.  I tilted my head to look at it, thinking furiously about how to correct it without having to involve the techs, so I decided to try Ctrl Alt Left Arrow.  ...and tilted my head the ...